News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

doctornick

I will say though, I think the sightline I'm worried about most is SM cutting off the view of half of the canopy... Tron is a great structure, its a shame to hide it.

That's my biggest thought/question/concern. One of the big things about Tron that is great is how it adds to the kinetics and is visually impressive from inside the land. Having it too par in a corner, hidden by Space would lessen the value of that (but potentially help hide the show building).

Hopefully the canopy and outdoor portion extend significantly away from the show building and can be seen from inside TL well.

Timothy_Q

That's my biggest thought/question/concern. One of the big things about Tron that is great is how it adds to the kinetics and is visually impressive from inside the land. Having it too par in a corner, hidden by Space would lessen the value of that (but potentially help hide the show building).

Hopefully the canopy and outdoor portion extend significantly away from the show building and can be seen from inside TL well.
My biggest concern is how it'll look from the circus / Fantasyland.

Seems like you'll be able to see the entire backside of the show building

rickdrat

Is it just me or is this thing going up remarkably fast (by Disney standards)? Seems like they just poured the slab a couple of weeks ago.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is it just me or is this thing going up remarkably fast (by Disney standards)? Seems like they just poured the slab a couple of weeks ago.

It always appears that way when the steel starts going up. The steel structure of a ride or a show building is one of the faster parts of construction. Yes, the slab was just poured, but it tool a year of land prep to get to that point.

Incomudro

It's a comparatively simple build as Disney goes.
It's not housed in a building like RnR or Space Mountain, and it's not going to have all of the effects like Guardians.

No Name

I will say though, I think the sightline I'm worried about most is SM cutting off the view of half of the canopy... Tron is a great structure, its a shame to hide it.

Haha the canopy will be in full view as you’re approaching it. You’ll soon find that the big issue will be the Tron building itself being far too visible as well as hurting the perspective of Space Mountain.

azox

I’m going to be disappointed that DL might get a unique version of Tron. MK has the space to have made a longer version of the ride. SHAME

Unique doesn't always mean better. Who knows, maybe they will get a budget version of Tron coaster with out a canopy? Really though if they do get it, I would be shocked to see it differ much from the original since it's so costly do design this stuff.

GlacierGlacier

Minus the building.
Minus the cue.
What do you mean about the building? The gravity building for RnRc was built after the track - and if you're talking about the gravity and launch being far apart from each other - I guess. But the gravity building for Tron and the launch/load&unload are the same building. All built after the track is installed.

Bocabear

So what is the plan for the Speedway once Tron opens?
The old Imagineers would have used this opportunity to switch the cars out for electic cars with futuristic lighting similar to the lightcycles...they would have also routed it through the TRON show building so that even the youngsters not big enough for tron would get a feel for being in the environment...it would also add another kinetic element to the "Players Grid" Show room... but instead it will be a slightly smaller track and a little less interesting...and a 50 year old vehicle system...yay.

DisDan

The old Imagineers would have used this opportunity to switch the cars out for electic cars with futuristic lighting similar to the lightcycles...they would have also routed it through the TRON show building so that even the youngsters not big enough for tron would get a feel for being in the environment...it would also add another kinetic element to the "Players Grid" Show room... but instead it will be a slightly smaller track and a little less interesting...and a 50 year old vehicle system...yay.

I don't know where I got the notion that there would be a re-work of the Speedway after tron, to something like the light cycles to match the theme of Tomorrowland a little better. I guess that just makes so much sense that I assumed it would happen. But you're saying they have no such plan for the Speedway.... bummer.

GlacierGlacier

I don't know where I got the notion that there would be a re-work of the Speedway after tron, to something like the light cycles to match the theme of Tomorrowland a little better. I guess that just makes so much sense that I assumed it would happen. But you're saying they have no such plan for the Speedway.... bummer.
There’s a proposal to overlay the speedway with Tron theming pre fall 2021. But no indoor areas as far as I know.

Edit. Beaten to it by my own rumour!
Tada 🎉

rioriz

[/QUOTE]
It's a comparatively simple build as Disney goes.
It's not housed in a building like RnR or Space Mountain, and it's not going to have all of the effects like Guardians.

Actually, TRON is the guinea pig for Guardians effect wise. Some effects are directly linked to Guardians. See Soarin >> FoP.

Kman101

I’m going to be disappointed that DL might get a unique version of Tron. MK has the space to have made a longer version of the ride. SHAME

Sorry for missing this but where was this talked about? Isn't the point of cloning so they can save on making it unique? I imagine the "unique" talk is DL fans hoping for it to be different but I need to understand the context ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom