Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

DisneyOutsider

Man, you have no reading comprehension. The combined ride is an E, by today's standard. But it really is a combination of lesser rides, and a lot of money on rocks to get it there.

True E tickets far exceed that. You could take DLs Indy, and remove a lot of the theming, replacing it with darkness, and some static creatures, and it would STILL be an E ticket. It could be called Dinosaur.

Is Dwarf Hill an E ticket? It is a simple kids coaster, probably $15MM. Add a 30 second dark ride to it, and a lot more rocks.

What about Little Mermaid? It cost a ton, but never has a line at all, has a couple top level AAs, one being very small. Then it's surrounded with lots of simple decorations.

Is Space Mountain still an E ticket? It's horribly rough, by today's standards, and you walk a loooooong path to get in and out of it. It has 50 year old mannequins on the lift. It has a special version which is literally just turning all the lights off.

Is Kong an E ticket? F&F?

I think rides are given E ticket status now based more on the queue and setting more than the ride itself.

Y

I'm sorry... you're just not to be taken seriously here, anymore. You've painted yourself squarely into the comic relief corner.

Disney Analyst

Haunted Mansion is barely a D-Ticket. They make you *walk* (!) through the first half. The ride vehicle is so slow and no thrills. And it's so dark you can hardly see anything.

Every time the ride stops it's the end of that ride and the new ride starts after, so it is really just a series of really small rides strung together. Terrible. C-Ticket.

BrianLo

I am deciding not to fully engage the resident Universal troll gracing our midst. But I need to definitively correct an assumption.

NRJ was always supposed to be a C-ticket. Plans leaked all the way back in 2012 called it a C-ticket (visible on this slice in the red section).

Of course many of us think it probably should have been more, but Disney (internally) knew what was what.

Magenta Panther

If Goofy as Engineer is an AA, gah, I wonder what it'll look like... I mean, imagine this design, which works okay in the new shorts (except for the lack of pants) in 3D:

Hawg G

I am deciding not to fully engage the resident Universal troll gracing our midst. But I need to definitively correct an assumption.

NRJ was always supposed to be a C-ticket. Plans leaked all the way back in 2012 called it a C-ticket (visible on this slice in the red section).

Of course many of us think it probably should have been more, but Disney (internally) knew what was what.

Wait, how can NRJ be a C ticket, it has such an amazing AA that speaks gibberish and does yoga!

So, once again, I ask what Dwarf Hill and even TRON are, ticket wise. Does enclosing a roller coaster automatically make it an E ticket, even if it is a low level Vekoma coaster base? It seems anything Disney builds now is an E ticket because they have bloated budgets.

Some honest folk on here are admitting Smuggler's Run is a D ticket with a REALLY expensive queue.

As for splitting rides, when there are such major differences, it is reasonable. Even Test Track. It is a VERY lame indoor section that on its own is a solid C ticket. The outside portion is praised for going 65 miles an hour. IMAGINE, going 65 miles an hour in a car!!!!!!

How do those two things possibly add up to an E ticket?

And I'd love to hear how a 4 minute movie you watch on an extremely gentle hang glider assembly equal an E ticket?

BrianLo

Wait, how can NRJ be a C ticket, it has such an amazing AA that speaks gibberish and does yoga!

So, once again, I ask what Dwarf Hill and even TRON are, ticket wise. Does enclosing a roller coaster automatically make it an E ticket, even if it is a low level Vekoma coaster base? It seems anything Disney builds now is an E ticket because they have bloated budgets.

Some honest folk on here are admitting Smuggler's Run is a D ticket with a REALLY expensive queue.

As for splitting rides, when there are such major differences, it is reasonable. Even Test Track. It is a VERY lame indoor section that on its own is a solid C ticket. The outside portion is praised for going 65 miles an hour. IMAGINE, going 65 miles an hour in a car!!!!!!

How do those two things possibly add up to an E ticket?

And I'd love to hear how a 4 minute movie you watch on an extremely gentle hang glider assembly equal an E ticket?

The ticketing system was literally built on the back of the experience as a whole. You cannot break something into its individual parts when we are interpreting the whole. You weren't allowed to hop off an attraction mid way through and ask to swap your E-ticket for a D. You are captive for the whole experience you redeemed for.

NRJ has all the trappings of E-ticket set dressings and then it ends abruptly, that's the comparison. If NRJ continued on for another 5-10 minutes I think people would happily apply the E-ticket label. But it doesn't continue on, which is the only way your analogy has application. You can only evaluate what Disney did actually end up building.

To answer your question earnestly Tron is widely considered to be an E-ticket. One which fandom are disappointed has light E-ticket dressings, riding on the back of thrills and a short ride time. But yes, covering it in fancy lights and giving it a pulsating soundtrack improves it over an undressed naked coaster.

Smuggler's Run is an E-ticket and called such by Iger a few days ago. The experience exceeds Star Tours in its individual components and as a whole. Just because RoTR is the literal kitchen sink experience does not take away Smuggler's Run occupancy on the list and favourable comparators. The penultimate days before opening are just about the worst time for people to look at something objectively though.

SDMT is considered an E-ticket by Disney, by the public, but a D-ticket routinely by fandom here who were/are less swept up in the only 'major' attraction MK has debuted. For the same reason NRJ is still a C-ticket. An E-ticket version of SDMT existed on paper, but two show scenes and another coaster segment were cut.

And yes, thrills do in some small part make up for shorter ride times/dark ride segments. Journey to the Centre of the Earth is actually quite the short little dark ride if you are reductive. But we can't be reductive.

Likwise I can objectively call Gringott's an E-ticket, but think it's actually a pretty poorly executed ride. Ticketing is a weird and individualized convergence of scale/scope/thrill/popularity. BUT... not solely how 'good' a ride is.

Hawg G

The ticketing system was literally built on the back of the experience as a whole. You cannot break something into its individual parts when we are interpreting the whole. You weren't allowed to hop off an attraction mid way through and ask to swap your E-ticket for a D. You are captive for the whole experience you redeemed for.

NRJ has all the trappings of E-ticket set dressings and then it ends abruptly, that's the comparison. If NRJ continued on for another 5-10 minutes I think people would happily apply the E-ticket label. But it doesn't continue on, which is the only way your analogy has application. You can only evaluate what Disney did actually end up building.

To answer your question earnestly Tron is widely considered to be an E-ticket. One which fandom are disappointed has light E-ticket dressings, riding on the back of thrills and a short ride time. But yes, covering it in fancy lights and giving it a pulsating soundtrack improves it over an undressed naked coaster.

Smuggler's Run is an E-ticket and called such by Iger a few days ago. The experience exceeds Star Tours in its individual components and as a whole. Just because RoTR is the literal kitchen sink experience does not take away Smuggler's Run occupancy on the list and favourable comparators. The penultimate days before opening are just about the worst time for people to look at something objectively though.

SDMT is considered an E-ticket by Disney, by the public, but a D-ticket routinely by fandom here who were/are less swept up in the only 'major' attraction MK has debuted. For the same reason NRJ is still a C-ticket. An E-ticket version of SDMT existed on paper, but two show scenes and another coaster segment were cut.

And yes, thrills do in some small part make up for shorter ride times/dark ride segments. Journey to the Centre of the Earth is actually quite the short little dark ride if you are reductive. But we can't be reductive.

Likwise I can objectively call Gringott's an E-ticket, but think it's actually a pretty poorly executed ride. Ticketing is a weird and individualized convergence of scale/scope/thrill/popularity. BUT... not solely how 'good' a ride is.

You sort of lose me when you say Iger/Disney calls a ride an E ticket. Of course they are going to say that. I'd assume somewhere you can find a video of Rhode calling NRJ an E ticket.

I think as time has passed, E tickets at Disney deliver less on the ride side, and more on the queue side. Indy of course being the pinnacle E ticket. And as I said before, it is SUCH an E ticket, you can rip out the queue, and a ton of the theming, just making it pitch dark, and it's STILL an E ticket.

If Space Mountain were built today, as it stands, no way would it be considered an E ticket. When I waited hours to ride it in the 70s, yeah, it was beyond amazing. Not so much today. Of course, same goes for Jungle Cruise.

I simply don't get the TRON praise. I was so hoping they would fix the theming in the US, but all signs point to another TRON ride devoid of TRON set dressings. Most Vekoma motorbike coasters are considered very middle of the road. I don't see how putting half of it in a building makes it an E ticket. Especially since during the day, your eyes are so blinded outside, they never even have time to adjust inside before the ride through the non TRON theming is over.

Was there ever REALLY a longer version of SDMT in development? I saw the obviously fake one that would have tunneled well into the swamp. But it seemed very fake, and simply wishful thinking.

yensidtlaw1969

Minor quibble - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is regarded internally as a D-Ticket. There was never any intention to build an E-Ticket attraction with New Fantasyland, even when Mine Train had more to it.

Flight of Passage wasn't even meant to be an E-Ticket within Pandora . . . it was to a high-ranking D-Ticket alongside the E-Ticket Motorbike Coaster, which was cancelled. Though I do wonder if resources were allocated to bump up FoP once the coaster was cut, seeing that it would then be serving as the land's headliner - I don't know what happened there, just that the ride was conceived as a D.

I say this at the risk of opening a can of worms . . . which I hope doesn't happen.

glendroid

You sort of lose me when you say Iger/Disney calls a ride an E ticket. Of course they are going to say that. I'd assume somewhere you can find a video of Rhode calling NRJ an E ticket.

I think as time has passed, E tickets at Disney deliver less on the ride side, and more on the queue side. Indy of course being the pinnacle E ticket. And as I said before, it is SUCH an E ticket, you can rip out the queue, and a ton of the theming, just making it pitch dark, and it's STILL an E ticket.

If Space Mountain were built today, as it stands, no way would it be considered an E ticket. When I waited hours to ride it in the 70s, yeah, it was beyond amazing. Not so much today. Of course, same goes for Jungle Cruise.

I simply don't get the TRON praise. I was so hoping they would fix the theming in the US, but all signs point to another TRON ride devoid of TRON set dressings. Most Vekoma motorbike coasters are considered very middle of the road. I don't see how putting half of it in a building makes it an E ticket. Especially since during the day, your eyes are so blinded outside, they never even have time to adjust inside before the ride through the non TRON theming is over.

Was there ever REALLY a longer version of SDMT in development? I saw the obviously fake one that would have tunneled well into the swamp. But it seemed very fake, and simply wishful thinking.

Answer this: have you been to Shanghai Disneyland? Simple answer. Yes or no. Don’t talk around it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom