Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

glendroid

So people can't read "Journey is leaps and bounds better, and much older. "

RSR is a leap forward from TT, but it's the THIRD ride using the tech, and the best one opened almost 20 years ago with Tokyo DisneySea.

Carsland was DCA's facing reality moment, just like this round of rides is to WDW. So, yea, Disney spent a LOT of money on the ride. It's extremely popular, as Cars is marketed so heavily to boys, and DCA in general is pretty low on quality rides. It's a modern C/D ticket dark ride, with an outside racing section added.

As per your original post I responded to... You said stateside, so I left out any of the foreign parks.

Also... The final statement... Just wow I guess.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And Tower of Terror is just an outdated C ticket dark ride with some drops at the end.

You're funny.

His over simplification of ride systems and their theme/features is masterful almost.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

So people can't read "Journey is leaps and bounds better, and much older. "

RSR is a leap forward from TT, but it's the THIRD ride using the tech, and the best one opened almost 20 years ago with Tokyo DisneySea.

Carsland was DCA's facing reality moment, just like this round of rides is to WDW. So, yea, Disney spent a LOT of money on the ride. It's extremely popular, as Cars is marketed so heavily to boys, and DCA in general is pretty low on quality rides. It's a modern C/D ticket dark ride, with an outside racing section added.
RSR is objectively an E-ticket. Whether or not you appreciate it doesn’t matter.

Hawg G

No. It's an E.

You're opinion of the ride doesn't change the objective characteristics which make it an E.

I look at it as 2 D tickets. The dark ride portion can't possibly be considered as an E ticket. It is half the length of NRJ, a ride Disney wouldn't even say is an E. The AAs have very little motion. Some are on platforms that spin and move, but they at most have 1 or 2 points of mouth motion, then projected eyes, and some projected mouths. It's a neat section, but not an E ticket.

Then you line up for the second section. The outside race. Completely different ride experience. Is it an E on it's own? No way.

Combined, with the massive money on the rock work, it's an E in total. But that is the crazy part. Take the ride, but have the race section in a desert setting, and it wouldn't be an E ticket. I like rides that are E worthy due to ride action, not 50 million dollars worth of fake rocks.

If the MK spent 100 million to totally amp up the theming around the existing Speedway, no ride changes, would it become an E ticket? Mostly static theming, and a few light up, simple AAs?

Many Disney "E" tickets are becoming that. GotG looks like a true E, but Tron is a low end, unpopular, coaster system with a very simple layout. Put half of it in a neon filled building that uses absolutely NO visuals from TRON other than the ride vehicles, and suddenly it's an E ticket. It would be like the Hagrid coaster not having ANY of the AAs, and a non canon Hut to ride through.

Again, that's all Disney has to do. They dont have to add Recognizers, Bit, and the MPU. And no need for a Tron AA anywhere. They can just do the minimum, and know FP÷s will be impossible to get for years.

ToTBellHop

I look at it as 2 D tickets. The dark ride portion can't possibly be considered as an E ticket. It is half the length of NRJ, a ride Disney wouldn't even say is an E. The AAs have very little motion. Some are on platforms that spin and move, but they at most have 1 or 2 points of mouth motion, then projected eyes, and some projected mouths. It's a neat section, but not an E ticket.

Then you line up for the second section. The outside race. Completely different ride experience. Is it an E on it's own? No way.

Combined, with the massive money on the rock work, it's an E in total. But that is the crazy part. Take the ride, but have the race section in a desert setting, and it wouldn't be an E ticket. I like rides that are E worthy due to ride action, not 50 million dollars worth of fake rocks.

If the MK spent 100 million to totally amp up the theming around the existing Speedway, no ride changes, would it become an E ticket? Mostly static theming, and a few light up, simple AAs?

Many Disney "E" tickets are becoming that. GotG looks like a true E, but Tron is a low end, unpopular, coaster system with a very simple layout. Put half of it in a neon filled building that uses absolutely NO visuals from TRON other than the ride vehicles, and suddenly it's an E ticket. It would be like the Hagrid coaster not having ANY of the AAs, and a non canon Hut to ride through.

Again, that's all Disney has to do. They dont have to add Recognizers, Bit, and the MPU. And no need for a Tron AA anywhere. They can just do the minimum, and know FP÷s will be impossible to get for years.
I look at it as one ride. Because that’s what it is. Do we judge Splash first as a log flume and secondly as a dark ride?

RSR is basically TT with animatronics. Is TT an e ticket?

glendroid

Oh my dear lord. What vacuum world do you live in and how do I avoid it?

peter11435

Lol

Disney Analyst

This is actually the most ridiculous thing I've read on a theme park forum in my life.

Let's just cut all attractions in half to suit our opinion?

Hawg G

This is actually the most ridiculous thing I've read on a theme park forum in my life.

Let's just cut all attractions in half to suit our opinion?

Man, you have no reading comprehension. The combined ride is an E, by today's standard. But it really is a combination of lesser rides, and a lot of money on rocks to get it there.

True E tickets far exceed that. You could take DLs Indy, and remove a lot of the theming, replacing it with darkness, and some static creatures, and it would STILL be an E ticket. It could be called Dinosaur.

Is Dwarf Hill an E ticket? It is a simple kids coaster, probably $15MM. Add a 30 second dark ride to it, and a lot more rocks.

What about Little Mermaid? It cost a ton, but never has a line at all, has a couple top level AAs, one being very small. Then it's surrounded with lots of simple decorations.

Is Space Mountain still an E ticket? It's horribly rough, by today's standards, and you walk a loooooong path to get in and out of it. It has 50 year old mannequins on the lift. It has a special version which is literally just turning all the lights off.

Is Kong an E ticket? F&F?

I think rides are given E ticket status now based more on the queue and setting more than the ride itself.

Y

Disney Analyst

Man, you have no reading comprehension. The combined ride is an E, by today's standard. But it really is a combination of lesser rides, and a lot of money on rocks to get it there.

True E tickets far exceed that. You could take DLs Indy, and remove a lot of the theming, replacing it with darkness, and some static creatures, and it would STILL be an E ticket. It could be called Dinosaur.

Is Dwarf Hill an E ticket? It is a simple kids coaster, probably $15MM. Add a 30 second dark ride to it, and a lot more rocks.

What about Little Mermaid? It cost a ton, but never has a line at all, has a couple top level AAs, one being very small. Then it's surrounded with lots of simple decorations.

Is Space Mountain still an E ticket? It's horribly rough, by today's standards, and you walk a loooooong path to get in and out of it. It has 50 year old mannequins on the lift. It has a special version which is literally just turning all the lights off.

I think rides are given E ticket status now based more on the queue and setting more than the ride itself.

Y

The ride can only be viewed as the total experience... as there is no experience that exists otherwise....

It is a dark ride/outdoor hybrid, much like Splash Mountain. And the outdoor experience is an intensely themed, highly realized experience onto itself. Your logic is severely flawed and it is hurting your argument immensely.

Last edited:

peter11435

Y
Any ride can be broken down into smaller parts to diminish its overall impact. Most attractions are greater than the sum of their individual parts.

The quality of an attraction or in this case it’s ticket status Is determined by the collective sum of the entire experience, it’s execution, it’s ambitiousness, and it’s impactfulness.

You don’t judge an attraction by cherry picking random aspects to count, discount, and selectively group.

Because that’s stupid.

ToTBellHop

Any ride can be broken down into smaller parts to diminish its overall impact. Most attractions are greater than the sum of their individual parts.

The quality of an attraction or in this case it’s ticket status Is determined by the collective sum of the entire experience, it’s execution, it’s ambitiousness, and it’s impactfulness.

You don’t judge an attraction by cherry picking random aspects to count, discount, and selectively group.

Because that’s stupid.
Space Mountain is not an E ticket because the coaster itself is just a junior coaster like they build at most state fairs. And don’t get me started on Kilimanjaro Safaris. If we ignore the animals, it’s just a Jeep driving through the woods. Basically Saturday afternoon in high school.

peter11435

Space Mountain is not an E ticket because the coaster itself is just a junior coaster like they build at most state fairs. And don’t get me started on Kilimanjaro Safaris. If we ignore the animals, it’s just a Jeep driving through the woods. Basically Saturday afternoon in high school.
Speaking of, I have always hated that Spaceship Earth is so short. I realize it’s a 15 minute experience overall, but I choose to view it as three 5 minute rides.

Disney Analyst

Speaking of, I have always hated that Spaceship Earth is so short. I realize it’s a 15 minute experience overall, but I choose to view it as three 5 minute rides.

Pirates at Disneyland is the same. A total A-Ticket... They put a boring bayou ride... and then a separate boring cavern ride. The only true part is the ship battle, and that's so short. LAME.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom