Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Hawg G

Skull Island uses blending to get 8k 3D @ 60 FPS. Similar to how IMAX laser gets 4K. Also there are actually 8k 3D home projectors.

There are fake 8k home projectors that use pixel shift, just as low end 4K home projectors are really 2k using pixel shift.

There is most certainly not 8k 3D for home. Unless it's some special half rate 3D which would be awful.

And of course there is probably about 10 minutes of 8k source to watch anyway.

Not to mention unless you have a 20 foot screen you are watching at 2 or 3 feet, buying an 8k projector for your home would be a complete waste of money.

Hawg G

Here you go...

After searching some more, one source says it's projected at 10k, which is odd, although the 10 is really just the horizontal pixel count. Of course, that is not the right way to measure the resolution, as the screen is very large. And it can't be 10k if it uses 4 4K projectors anyway. And it is 60fps, not 120. Although it's 60 per eye.

It is also interesting that it is claimed to be presented at 10k, but they dance around what it was rendered at. I must assume that means it is upgraded to 10 or 8k. As, again, a large part of that resolution is unseen, especially on a ride, where your eyes are moving.

It does look to have the same resolution as my local LieMAX screen on a pixel per distance measure. Which is really more than enough with all the motion blur and lens flares used.

It is still theoretically lower resolution than Soarin 1, although I doubt you could find anyone who would say it looks that way.

ThistleMae

Flight of Passage. WORST. OVERRATED. MOVIE. EVER.

Sorry, I just don't get the craziness for FoP. Was it expensive? Yeahl. Is the video pretty? Yeah. Is it groundbreaking in any way over the 20 year old Soarin' ride? No. one could argue it has lower resolution than the original film version even.

But, I mean, IMAX was invented, what, 50 years ago. So, we have 50 year old screen size, with a moving platform, and your legs are spread apart a few times. It's a cool ride. But barely worth much more time than the crazy long queue and preshows take.
In my opinion, FOP is the best ride I've ever been on. I like the fact that you sit in a motorcycle like position, and I feel like I'm actually turning the banchee through the scenes. I guess everyone's taste is certainly different for sure. I'm excited for MMRR, I have no idea what to expect.

DisneyfanMA

I hope this uses some of the effects I've seen on overseas disney attractions. Specifically the mystic manor and the pirates of the caribbean. I hope its not just a movie screen, but actual props and physical things, special affects and screens all mixed in. It sounds like that is what they're going to do from what I can tell. Hope it is indeed open in spring 2020, I'm planning to go in Nov 2020.

ps: It's a bit shocking to me how few ride attractions exist at HS. I haven't been there since it was MGM and had just opened but even with all the change and 30 years of time there isn't much to ride on there. Sounds like with TS land, Star wars and this ride that may be changing for the better.

ThistleMae

I hope this uses some of the effects I've seen on overseas disney attractions. Specifically the mystic manor and the pirates of the caribbean. I hope its not just a movie screen, but actual props and physical things, special affects and screens all mixed in. It sounds like that is what they're going to do from what I can tell. Hope it is indeed open in spring 2020, I'm planning to go in Nov 2020.

ps: It's a bit shocking to me how few ride attractions exist at HS. I haven't been there since it was MGM and had just opened but even with all the change and 30 years of time there isn't much to ride on there. Sounds like with TS land, Star wars and this ride that may be changing for the better.
Yes, I'm excited for the additions. I hardly spend any time in HS, it's like a 1/2 day or less there in the past several years. I loved the GMR so I hope the new ride doesn't disappoint. I'm also excited for the Slinky Dog Coaster ride, it looks cool. As far as Star Wars, unless I can get a FP+, I'm not waiting in super long lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom