The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

Don't feel bad about KFC not able to get along with tummies. I came a from a family that our stomach's can't get a long with KFC. When I want Fried chicken, I go to a local fried chicken place that has been around since 1957. The only catch I don't go there a lot due to cost.

This is what I call good chicken:
1552655-pic5a.jpg
That does look good! Maybe a chain fast food restaurant with better fried chicken is Roy Rogers. Tonight my wife made French toast with strawberries and plantain banana😋20190513_181007.jpg

donaldtoo

Good choice!

:jawdrop::depressed: I was drooling over the food pictures until you mentioned okra!! :banghead:

I'm jealous. That Church's fried chicken sure looks like the real deal. Up here, we don't have any good fried chicken places. All we have is Kentucky Fried pigeon. I haven't had any decent fried chicken since I was a kid. My mother had a deep fat fryer and she made the best chicken.

Yep, the fried chicken really hit the spot yesterday...!!!!! :hungry:

Hahaaa!!!!! :hilarious:
You can get a huge serving of fried okra (also at a place called Poke-e-Joe’s BBQ, among other places), and I’ve ordered that many times before with our chicken or a bbq sandwich, or plate, etc., and then eat the other half of the okra for a snack or lunch the next day...I just love okra...!!!!! :inlove::happy::)

Yep, fortunately there are also plenty of good chicken places to choose from around here!!!
Mom never had a deep fryer, but, she made a lot of awesome fried chicken over the years in a skillet...she always used to fry up the hearts and livers just for me, and pop liked the gizzards...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious::hungry::D;):)

donaldtoo

Wait... are you saying that all those times that people have justified drinking because they loved the taste, has been a lie? Instead it was for its "buzz" potential? Is my perception of that whole process pretty much like when I was young and bought Playboy because of the great articles?

Wait.......what...........?!
Playboy has articles.......?!?!?!?! :cyclops::oops:

:joyfull::D:hilarious:;):)

donaldtoo

Emy is sitting up already. Wow! She is so precious. Glad you all had a great day. :)

Thank you so much, as always!!! :)
Rolling over, sitting up, grabbing everything she can and putting it straight in her mouth...!!!!! :hilarious:
They were giving carnations to all the mothers at church yesterday, and oldest DD was holding Emy when she got hers, and it almost became an instant snack...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:
Anyway, yes, a great day, and I hope you and yours had a great day as well...!!!!! :)

donaldtoo

Don't feel bad about KFC not able to get along with tummies. I came a from a family that our stomach's can't get a long with KFC. When I want Fried chicken, I go to a local fried chicken place that has been around since 1957. The only catch I don't go there a lot due to cost.

This is what I call good chicken:
1552655-pic5a.jpg

Yep, that sure looks good...!!!!! :hungry::)

KFC was one of those treat type meals we used to get back in the day, startin’ when I was a little kiddo, and it was indeed finger lickin’ good, and we never had any problems with it.
Then, I wanna’ say about 10-12 years ago, they musta’ done somethin’ with the recipe, ‘cause that’s when it started for us. Funny thing is, I don’t remember it tasting any different, just not agreeing with our systems.
Haven’t been in years, but, as I posted earlier, no matter, as there are plenty of other great chicken places around here...!!!!! :hungry::)

donaldtoo

I know, so a week or so ago, but, it still cracks me up...!!!!! :hilarious:

F663F1F5-3B48-4870-B4CF-65B355259599.jpeg

I mean, there are people who’s jobs are specifically to keep things like this from happening. I’ve seen examples from many movies and other tv shows over the years, but, the thing is right under her nose. Wonder if they woulda’ noticed a laptop on the table...!!!!! :hilarious:
I’m goin’ with they did it on purpose for silly publicity, because I just brought it up again, and, other than an occasional ad, I’ve never seen a nanosecond of an episode of that show...!!!!!!! :joyfull:;):)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you so much, as always!!! :)
Rolling over, sitting up, grabbing everything she can and putting it straight in her mouth...!!!!! :hilarious:
They were giving carnations to all the mothers at church yesterday, and oldest DD was holding Emy when she got hers, and it almost became an instant snack...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:
Anyway, yes, a great day, and I hope you and yours had a great day as well...!!!!! :)

Regarding the carnation comment above, it reminded me that some people (not me!) will eat dandelions in salads -- so maybe Emy's new carnation snack isn't all that unusual?! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom