News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

TJJohn12

So I heard somewhere that there are no plans thus far to use the old Body Wars and Cranium Command show buildings for new attractions. But if they do decide to put a new ride in there one day, it should most definitely be a simulator or trackless ride system based on either Wall-E, Wreck-It Ralph, Big Hero 6, or Inside Out. Any other good ideas for that space?

Wresting it back from opps first would just be a win at this point. Put an Oswald interactive queue and M&G in it as a meaningless place holder or some other crap... but get it back in WDI’s hands instead of being table storage.

Kevin_W

I'm excited for the return of the Animation Academy- it's still popular at DCA and being a guy with minimal artistic talent I really enjoy being able to draw recognizable characters. I hope they have a human leader and not a screen - it adds something having a person. You can do the classes from youtube, but it's just not the same.

The rest of the offerings sound pretty much as expected and hopefully provide a fun space for kids.

RSoxNo1

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So I heard somewhere that there are no plans thus far to use the old Body Wars and Cranium Command show buildings for new attractions. But if they do decide to put a new ride in there one day, it should most definitely be a simulator or trackless ride system based on either Wall-E, Wreck-It Ralph, Big Hero 6, or Inside Out. Any other good ideas for that space?
Originality?

Nah. Never work.

HauntedMansionFLA

…. Yeah, this doesn't sound good at all. I'd actually rather have Cranium Command and Body Wars back. And I almost barfed up my lunch after riding the latter one.

Did Disney forget this is called Futureworld? What's with all these things that have nothing to do with the future (Guardians, Incredibles, Wreck it Ralph, Zootopia)? Come on man! For the love of Eisner, what are they doing?
Body Wars was completely gutted out. There is nothing left of the ride vehicles and the area is used to store all of the festivals equipment when not in use.

HauntedMansionFLA

Until they get the theme park rights to Marvel and FW East becomes Marvel-land.

Edit: Not advocating for this.
They will probably never get the rights back for the popular IP’s. And I have no idea what popular Marvel characters Disney can develop that could be used in WDW. @MisterPenguin - do you have any idea what hasn’t been on screen, not under Universals theme park umbrella and could be used in WDW?

Mat Cauthon

It's Disney. They keep things cheap.
This isn't entirely true. Our insiders have consistently said the cost of recent and ongoing ride construction is ridiculously high. Spending $200M+ to build a single ride isn't being cheap, it just means they are very poor at money management and reining in certain groups who overspend. If the rides cost what they should other cuts that make them look cheap would not need to be made.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They will probably never get the rights back for the popular IP’s. And I have no idea what popular Marvel characters Disney can develop that could be used in WDW. @MisterPenguin - do you have any idea what hasn’t been on screen, not under Universals theme park umbrella and could be used in WDW?

MCU-TV
Defenders
SHIELD
Mockingbird
Legion
Inhumans

MCU
Deadpool
Doctor Strange

Comics
Eternals
Hercules
X-Force
Alpha Flight
Captain Britain
Guardian
Adam Warlock
Young Avengers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom