The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

We are having our first thunderstorm of the year right now.
Had them here too. It wasn't our first of this year; I guess we're just far enough south of you that we got them earlier. Tornado Warnings and all. Everyone's phones randomly went off at work. The building doesn't have too many windows, though, so we just kept an eye out. My mom evidently went to the basement with my brother and the cats. No one was happy. Not the humans, not the cats.

Nothing really happened though. It rained for a while and then it went away.

StarWarsGirl

They don’t have to be at the venue the whole day. They are supposed to have their hair curled and I really don’t want to have to worry about that all day. I use curl formers. She has a competition tomorrow (Saturday), and they need curls so she has the formers in her hair now and will sleep in them. We are driving to Baltimore (UMBC) @StarWarsGirl When we get there she will take them out in the car. Dd does not want to walk in public with them in her hair. So next weekend I will need to just super glue her curls so they don’t fall during the day. :hilarious: I would rather get it over with. Awards aren’t til 7. I think I am just a morning person as well and just want to get it over with.
I was accepted there and have a friend who goes there. Didn't feel like fighting 695 traffic to go there, though. There's not really much to do in the area since it's not in the city and not really in any major towns, but it's a pretty nice campus to just hang out at.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And again
I sprained my ankle.

Now before anyone starts threatening to put me in a bubble, this is the opposite one from the one I usually do, and I have no clue how I did it.

Yeah I'm not helping my case am I.

Yep. I’m sorry but can’t criticize. I had my ankle lock up today, the one that had me in a boot and a scooter for WDW in December. Thoughts of a scooter ran through my head.

Hot tub tonight be well my friend. I’m in a lovely and peaceful atrium
A80F1B78-F390-47F3-8577-B4266067B62B.jpeg

30EA7D41-AAA9-41B9-96F8-BF6D50E7AC7B.jpeg

1C44B8E8-4CC3-4EAB-A589-3AD7CA4DE634.jpeg

77CFF691-3BFD-4A50-9374-3C56972F3746.jpeg

and I have a friend

87B0D73B-F865-466D-B1AC-BD95972D41B8.jpeg

Attachments

• 43FB3BED-C042-4EE5-8AF1-1B6DAE482F07.jpeg
    43FB3BED-C042-4EE5-8AF1-1B6DAE482F07.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Songbird76

I made sausage and peppers with Impossible's sausage and my dh thought it was quote real at first. He also likes Just mayo which is vegan, still not exactly healthy but no eggs so no cholestreol. EDIT it was Beyond's sausage
Beyond....I think that's the brand that is coming out here. I saw that our super market is going to start carrying a meat substitute next week. There are apparently a few restaurants that already use it, but it's become so popular that Albert Heijn decided to sell it in their stores.

MySmallWorldof4

Actually this is really interesting to me too. Ever since I had that impossible burger at California Adventure I’ve been intrigued by some of these meat substitutes.
I think it is all about flavor with this recipe. It probably will have a slightly different texture than real chorizo. The Impossible Burger is loaded with so many ingredients to make the meat like texture. Walnuts are super healthy and have lots of Omega 3 in them so it is definitely worth trying.

Songbird76

As far as I know, dd’s team will be the only one with personalized shirts. The mom who helped had no idea about what had happened either. My double agent friend ( who works at the gym) told me in confidence. Yes, I got the 2019 done! Michael’s had the vinyl by chance on sale and I had a 50% off an item coupon. The mom who helped said she would give me the money for that roll. Also went through all the shirts and found some imperfections with the iron ons and fixed them. So I am done!
Way to go! Those kids are so lucky that you were willing to do that for their team. And if the other mothers from other teams complain, at least the coach can just tell them they had the option to do what you did and make them themselves!

Songbird76

Wow! The vloggers I saw all said it tasted like a creamsicle and said it was good. Maybe they were biased?
What I read was that they called it a slushy, but it wasn't a slushy, so it wasn't what people were expecting. They were expecting an ice cold refreshing slushy and what they got was a sickeningly sweet drink more like a smoothie, and it wasn't very cold. So it was more the fact that it wasn't what they expected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom