News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Kamikaze

It looks like the background skyline of distant buildings is going to be a painted flat similar to the mountains at universal Kong Ride. I am not sure I like this approach nor confident how realistic it will look especially when it begins to fade in the sun. Time will tell. The buildings and facades in the foreground look to be coming along nicely and in keeping with the original France pavilion facades.

This is the back.

build_it

It looks like the background skyline of distant buildings is going to be a painted flat similar to the mountains at universal Kong Ride. I am not sure I like this approach nor confident how realistic it will look especially when it begins to fade in the sun. Time will tell. The buildings and facades in the foreground look to be coming along nicely and in keeping with the original France pavilion facades.

I looked up the DLP version - this part of the building in DLP is a metal box. I think from inside the park, you won't see this area much/if at all. I think this is being done as you'll be able to see it from other areas. Just my thoughts.

MaximumEd

underlying problem so many new additiond are trumpeted to the roof tops and than its like this is it?

This right here. NFL was meh, TSL is not that great, and even Pandora, which I really like, is a ride and a half short. I know Rat isn’t a land, but I hope it’s a good ride under all that steel and facade work.

Bender123

This right here. NFL was meh, TSL is not that great, and even Pandora, which I really like, is a ride and a half short. I know Rat isn’t a land, but I hope it’s a good ride under all that steel and facade work.

Its a great ride, so long as your expectations are in line with it. Everybody here seems to think that a new ride has to be an E to be worthwhile. Its a solid C+/D attraction. I loved it in France, but Im also aware of what it is.

matt9112

Its a great ride, so long as your expectations are in line with it. Everybody here seems to think that a new ride has to be an E to be worthwhile. Its a solid C+/D attraction. I loved it in France, but Im also aware of what it is.

if disney stopped marketing everything as an E peoples expectations would be resonable....but that sweet sweet money baby!

Bender123

if disney stopped marketing everything as an E peoples expectations would be resonable....but that sweet sweet money baby!

I don't think they ever did say it was an "E"...Its a carbon copy of the one at DLP and is a screen based dark ride. Discussion Board Imagineers have, when they take a break from discussions on the proper way to deploy urban mass transit systems.

justintheharris

Mine Train has been open 5 years and still has hour long waits from rope drop to park close and you don’t think it was well received? Bring on those poorly received rides!
With that being said, more often than not when I ride it, I hear someone say to their ride companion “is that it?” Just because people wait for it doesn’t mean they love it. Yes, long lines usually indicate a good ride (and indicate success to Disney) but if you accept anecdotal evidence, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train doesn’t satisfy its riders as often as it should.

Marc Davis Fan

It looks like the background skyline of distant buildings is going to be a painted flat...

This is an interesting observation/prediction. I assumed they would be adding three-dimensional elements to that "background buildings" section.

Do any insiders have information on whether the "distant buildings" backdrop will indeed be totally flat?

Bender123

In any park with few real attractions, you're bound to find lines. That doesn't indicate quality as far as I am concerned.

7DMT always feels like a really awesome first part of a great ride...Its like somebody took a movie like Captain America Winter Soldier and just tossed up "The End" after SHIELD gets taken over. You sit there and wonder why everyone is leaving, the movie just got its plot and nothing happened.

This ride feels like act one of a story and just sends you on your way.

MickeyMouse10

I wish we could have had Remy's restaurant in France. Instead of the generic looking Chef de France. That chaps my you know what. At least they should make the waitstaff dress up as the rats from the film. This way you get a meal and a character meet and greet.

matt9112

I don't think they ever did say it was an "E"...Its a carbon copy of the one at DLP and is a screen based dark ride. Discussion Board Imagineers have, when they take a break from discussions on the proper way to deploy urban mass transit systems.

well they dont use that term often anyway but im simply reffering to hype period. every ride shouldnt have a vblog following its construction and silly little commercials everywhere etc. not every ride is soem great thing cant new stuff just be there and you say woah thats cool. Disney does it to themselves with there marketing machine. Disney's PR is like the tiger tank in 1942. there is nothing like it.

MickeyMouse10

Having dined there, Chez Remy would have been a nice add, but having looked at the menu for Chefs de France, it's a wash.

Maybe food wise, but atmosphere wise they are very different. Chef looks like a restaurant you can find in every major city in America. Uppity, expensive and with very little eye candy. I love it when Disney really themes out a restaurant like they did with Chez Remy. It almost makes it worth the exorbitant prices.

Kman101

With that being said, more often than not when I ride it, I hear someone say to their ride companion “is that it?” Just because people wait for it doesn’t mean they love it. Yes, long lines usually indicate a good ride (and indicate success to Disney) but if you accept anecdotal evidence, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train doesn’t satisfy its riders as often as it should.

It doesn't satisfy. I'm not saying I can ride it all that often, but any of the times I have been able to, I always hear the same thing as you "is that it?" or "that was it??". It's a nice ride, but it lacks in exterior lighting, it lacks in at least having not one or two more show scenes ... it's bare bones. The cavern and ending are good. The coaster itself is fun. But it doesn't quite come together. It ends just as you feel it coming together. Same thing with Navi River Journey. Except at least with River Journey I feel entirely immersed. But it too suffers from being a couple of minutes short. Just as you settle in, and go, ok, this is nice ... it's over. (And I'm noticing a trend ... TSL and Slinky Dog feel the same, what's there is nice but ... that's it? but to be fair, Slinky is very fun but it's also a bit short and lacks show scenes; why post a mural of Andy's drawing and not add even the majority of it? I guess we're flying by so quick ... but at the same time ...)

And folks need to understand: the words "new" and "coaster" will elicit long lines. Especially at Disney. I think there's a few reasons behind several of their newest projects being coasters (and yes we're also getting several dark rides)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom