News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Mike S

I was surprised to find in my research that this is the first time the roof burned off. Other cathedrals have not been so lucky.
Other Cathedrals aren’t Notre Dame. Not saying others weren’t cared for, but the best of the best were likely focused on this one for putting preventative measures in place.

ToTBellHop

Not really. There are other cathedrals that were considered more important at different times. By the 19th century it was quite dilapidated.
Yep. The Hunchback of Notre-Dame's publication renewed interest so it was fixed up with the spire added. Perhaps Disney should collect money every night as Quasi scales Notre-Dame's edifice during Happily Ever After.

ToTBellHop

They could do something like 10 M a year for 10 years surely.

Donations are approaching 1 Billion so that is very encouraging.
How about they match what they’re spending to build the Rat ride in their donation?

It won’t cost a billion to fix Notre-Dame, so this is mostly very wealthy people showing off how wealthy (and patriotic!) they are. But they’re used to throwing money at problems.

For $1 billion they could fix the cathedral and build Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in the attic.

jt04

How about they match what they’re spending to build the Rat ride in their donation?

It won’t cost a billion to fix Notre-Dame, so this is mostly very wealthy people showing off how wealthy (and patriotic!) they are. But they’re used to throwing money at problems.

For $1 billion they could fix the cathedral and build Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in the attic.

We disagree. I think it will cost at least that much.

LittleBuford

Unfortunately, more of the vaulting has collapsed since last night. And that, of course, renders the rest of the vault more vulnerable. I’m really hoping for the best.

kthomas105

Although it is featured in the France film, though apparently they reference it as a historical film now so I guess they'll not change it. (I believe The Timekeeper also had the twin towers in the background of one of the scenes after 9/11 as well that they never changed)
Timekeeper got around this by changing the start date of the show (displayed on the clock in front of the title character) to 2000.

Prior to that it was set to whatever the current year was.
Quite a band-aid though. Of course that was the "put as minimal effort as possible" to keep the parks running era.
Interesting enough the guys at retroWDW and the LBV Historical Society just put out a podcast where they interviewed the Director of the Timekeeper film Jeff Blyth. He said that each scene in that film cost 1 mil to film, so to go and film another shot of the new New York skyline was probably not a feasible tasks, not to mention the post production process for nine separate films. The attraction closed in Feb of 2006 so it ran for 5.5 years that way. It was pretty fascinating interview. If you want to check it out here is the link.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

It was very seasonal in WDW from early 2001 anyway.

The original played in Paris until 2004. Tokyo closed theirs two years before that.

And it was very good.
The idea of pavilion specific characters for Epcot really intrigues me as a concept for the future. We know that Landkeeper was a concept back in the day, and Timekeeper very well may have been better suited for Future World as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The idea of pavilion specific characters for Epcot really intrigues me as a concept for the future. We know that Landkeeper was a concept back in the day, and Timekeeper very well may have been better suited for Future World as well.
Consensus is Le Visionarium came to Orlando since American Journeys was dated and ten years old. A new CV film was a cheap way to co launch the new Tomorrowland with relatively little outlay.

Subliminally a lot of the FW pavilions have “characters” - whoever narrates SSE, Ellen, any of the Horizons family Buzzy and Braddock, Bonnie, Fulton...

Fulton always intrigued me. He introduced himself, became personable, but we never met and left him in the seacabs. It always seemed like we should meet him in Alpha.

Last edited:

Bender123

Consensus is Le Visionarium came to Orlando since American Journeys was dated and ten years old. A new CV film was a cheap way to co launch the new Tomorrowland with relatively little outlay.

Subliminally a lot of the FW pavilions have “characters” - whoever narrates SSE, Ellen, any of the Horizons family Buzzy and Braddock, Bonnie, Fulton...

Fulton always intrigued me. He introduced himself, became personable, but we never met and left him in the seacabs. It always seemed like we should meet him in Alpha.

Fulton was busy doing Sea things? Seas was/is a bit hard to build a cohesive story around, just due to its short ride and wide open wandering nature of the actual activities. Honestly, he kind of gets lost in the attraction behind "voice" in the intro movie...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Fulton was busy doing Sea things? Seas was/is a bit hard to build a cohesive story around, just due to its short ride and wide open wandering nature of the actual activities. Honestly, he kind of gets lost in the attraction behind "voice" in the intro movie...
He was the original narrator in the Seacab tunnels. Back when it had a structured story.

Bender123

He was the original narrator in the Seacab tunnels. Back when it had a structured story.

I remember, but he is not nearly as memorable as "The Deluge" voice...
It was always one of my issues with the original version. It went from super serious preshow, directly leading to hydrolators, to a bit of corny Fulton dialog...Maybe he would have been a better character if he was the voice of the preshow?

If that happened, I would not have memories of that voice...

Not sure...it was a missed opportunity, either way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom