The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I think it’s time for chick-fila to change, they claim to support and hire everyone, but my friend, (who is gay), was denied a job at 3 separate chick-fila’s!! I understand the restaurants history, but times are changing so should chick-fila
They have double downed on anti gay behavior. Theres rumors that they even paid money to support conversion therapy (which is extremely damaging).
So id say no to that thing regardless of how good it tastes.

as for the whole thing.. staaay awaay.. politics.. bad.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
First world problem: My scroll wheel died on my mouse here at work. Nevermind that I've probably had it at least 10 years...

Waiting for the IT guys to bring me a new one.

Update: I now have a new mouse and can scroll once again!

I totally understand, love the scroll wheel. Sometimes I use a laptop at school at work that has a touchpad for the "mouse" but no real right or left click button and I hate it and feel totally lost.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hey y’all what’s your favorite Disney World podcast? (Audio) I already listen to a few, but I'm in the mood for something new. I'm also going to try a new podcast player.. .I've been using Downcast for years, but I've heard good things about Overcast recently, so I thought I would give it a try.

I listen to WDW Radio, DIS, Wedway Radio, RetroWDW, and The Thirty20Eight. The Tiara talk show is good too, she has short interviews with a wide variety of people involved with Disney. I also love Moustalogia but that is usually Disneyland focused. I have a couple other ones but they ar Disneyland.

Non Disney related....I love the Can't Wait for Christmas podcast, it comes out on the 25th of each month.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ok I have finally calmed down enough I can share my walk story for today.

Kapono and I had Scary walk today....had a dog that looked like a pit bull charge at us about a half a block away. Scooped up Kapono right as he got to her. Couldn’t shake him he kept jumping at us and running around us. Then he paws the ground and would lunge at us. Every time I move he follows basically trapping us. Called the cops, just after I did that and they were on their way the guy from the house we were standing in front of called the dog in. I stuck around a little bit down the street to wait for the cop. But wait there’s more...

As I’m Talking to the cop Kapono slipped out of her harness and takes off down the street so I have to go run after her. I finally catch her Ihalfway down the block and then I have to go back and talk to the cop while holding her and finished giving the description of the dog (which I had taken a picture of but forgot to show the cop). He says he has dealt with the dog being loose before and will talk to the guy. I head home carrying Kapono as she and I are shaking. Walking back home and every dog on our side of the street is out and barking at us luckily they are all tied up or in a fence. Finally got home. Oh and this all happened on our block, we only went a block and I feel like I ran a freaking marathon!

Oh and when I called the police my podcast didn’t stop playing on my phone soo had to hang up on them, turn the podcast off and call again!

I don’t think we will be taking that route again for awhile. And I only took that route today to avoid the road construction on one route and avoid the track meet and baseball game being played on our other routes.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Kapono and I had Scary walk today....had a dog that looked like a pit bull charge at us about a half a block away. Scooped up Kapono right as he got to her. Couldn’t shake him he kept jumping at us and running around us. Then he paws the ground and would lunge at us. Every time I move he follows basically trapping us. Called the cops, just after I did that and they were on their way the guy from the house we were standing in front of called the dog in. I stuck around a little bit down the street to wait for the cop. But wait there’s more...

As I’m Talking to the cop Kapono slipped out of her harness and takes off down the street so I have to go run after her. I finally catch her Ihalfway down the block and then I have to go back and talk to the cop while holding her and finished giving the description of the dog (which I had taken a picture of but forgot to show the cop). He says he has dealt with the dog being loose before and will talk to the guy. I head home carrying Kapono as she and I are shaking. Walking back home and every dog on our side of the street is out and barking at us luckily they are all tied up or in a fence. Finally got home. Oh and this all happened on our block, we only went a block and I feel like I ran a freaking marathon!

Oh and when I called the police my podcast didn’t stop playing on my phone soo had to hang up on them, turn the podcast off and call again!

I don’t think we will be taking that route again for awhile. And I only took that route today to avoid the road construction on one route and avoid the track meet and baseball game being played on our other routes.

That is the worst, when an unleashed dog comes barrelling out of nowhere. Feel bad for you and Kapono. Glad you called the cops, although they can't do much (on a first offense). Most places, it's just a misdemeanor to the dog's owner. These rules need to be enforced. Next time, it could be a little kid that gets mauled. Good to hear that neither you nor Kapono got hurt. Sorry you're shaken up.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That is the worst, when an unleashed dog comes barrelling out of nowhere. Feel bad for you and Kapono. Glad you called the cops, although they can't do much (on a first offense). Most places, it's just a misdemeanor to the dog's owner. These rules need to be enforced. Next time, it could be a little kid that gets mauled. Good to hear that neither you nor Kapono got hurt. Sorry you're shaken up.

Thanks, actually a couple weeks ago we walked this route and I think it was the same dog that came running at us then. It was on the same route but almost a half a mile from where today's incident occurred. I don't think the cop was planning issuing a citation just talking to the owner. I hope the owner keeps the dog in his yard from now on, there is a fence there.

StarWarsGirl

Yikes.

We have a leash law here. If your pet isn't on your property, they have to be leashed or otherwise restrained, or you'll pay a fine. Result: no unleashed dogs. It should be a thing everywhere.

MySmallWorldof4

That is crazy. So glad neither of you were harmed.

Rista1313

I listen to WDW Radio, DIS, Wedway Radio, RetroWDW, and The Thirty20Eight. The Tiara talk show is good too, she has short interviews with a wide variety of people involved with Disney. I also love Moustalogia but that is usually Disneyland focused. I have a couple other ones but they ar Disneyland.

Non Disney related....I love the Can't Wait for Christmas podcast, it comes out on the 25th of each month.
hmmm haven't heard of that one... is it all about Christmas? Thanks for your list.

My favorite non disney and non true crime podcast is Betty in the sky with a suitcase. Flight attendant humor... you either like it or you hate it... since I worked for the airlines, I love it! Hubby hates it.

Last edited:

Rista1313

Good lord.... so sorry!

Today DH and I were out walking, and some people with a little girl pushing a doll stroller, and a dad and mom pushing another baby stroller, had two dogs attached to the stroller, when we tried to go around one dog started barking and lunging, and almost pulled the stroller over... ummm moral of the story. Don't attach big dogs to strollers people... ugh!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
hmmm haven't heard of that one... is it all about Christmas? Thanks for your list.

My favorite non disney and non true crime podcast is Betty in the sky with a suitcase. Flight attendant humor... you either like it or you hate it... since I worked for the airlines, I love it! Hubby hates it.

I haven't ventured too far out of the Disney zone except for the Can't Wait for Christmas. It talks about anything related to Christmas. The guy is Tim Babb and a comedian. He seems to be friends with the folks on the Mousetalgia podcast that I like and he has been on their show. I only started listening to it over this past Christmas season but throughout the holiday season I listened to all his back episodes which was fun. His sense of humor is a little strange but I got used to him pretty fast. A new episode just dropped today.

donaldtoo

You've had some wild weather down there in Texas recently. :jawdrop: When I'm watching the national news at night, there have been a number of times that they'll focus on your state with some big rain and/or wind storms. Glad it finally blew out of there last evening. (Good thing you have those hills in your particular area to break up some of these weather systems.)

Yep, and apparently I spoke too soon about the weather clearing out of the state when I did. I woke up to hear of more damage overnight to the east of us... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom