The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Ok, so....I dreamed last night that we got to Disney and I realized I had completely forgotten to make fastpasses....that the date I had put it in my planner was around DD's birthday, which was actually after our trip. Thank goodness that woke me up because I realized we couldn't be in Disney yet as DD's birthday was still a month away and our trip is in July. Obviously, I'm stressing about Fastpasses. And I think it's because my brother still has not responded at all to my request for him to make a MDE account so he can make Fastpasses. I tried to get him to make an account so he could do ADRs....I sent him a list of the places (with descriptions) where we were planning to make ADRs months before our ADR date and asked him to let me know which ones they wanted to do together so I could make those for the whole party. He never got back to me, so I made every ADR for that first week for 10 people and they can either go with us, or do something else. But I can't do that with fastpasses, and I told him that, but I don't think he even understands what fastpasses are, because he hasn't been to Disney since something like 1990. I don't think he understands that he has to have fastpasses if he doesn't want to wait in lines for hours. I keep asking him if he's made a MDE account and get no answer, which tells me that he hasn't. And he probably won't, because he's probably assuming that I am acting as his personal planner and will make take care of all that. But I CAN'T unless he creates an account and links me to it and gives me the ability to make plans. BUT, I'm reluctant to give him the ability to change MY plans if we are linked, because I'm afraid since he doesn't know what he's doing, he'd end up canceling ADRs, or changing my carefully planned out fastpasses, etc.

So, question: I know I can just add on reservations to my existing account, and I'm the one who booked his trip, so I have the confirmation numbers. If I add his reservations to my account, can we change that later if he actually does make an account? Should I create a new account in his name and just give him the password later? The only thing he's said he wants to do is ride FoP and he's not going to get to do that if he doesn't make a FP for it. I'm afraid we'll get there and we won't be able to do anything together because he didn't bother with FPs, or he thinks that I handled that, and everyone will be mad at me that I didn't make their FPs and they miss everything they wanted to do. I don't know how to get it across to him how important this is if they want to ride certain rides. I can create a new account for him, and link myself, but I don't want him to have access to MY plans and have him cancel everything I set up when he tries to change HIS plans. But if I add him to MY account, I also don't want to be solely responsible for all his planning or have him eventually make an account, but then not be able to set up his stuff because his confirmation number is already linked to my account.
When I took my step dad a couple of years ago, I set up his account using his confirmation number. I set up his fast passes. You can do that or it’s your brothers tough luck if he does nothing. He doesn’t respond to his own sister? Ridiculous.

Figgy1

Premium Member
When I took my step dad a couple of years ago, I set up his account using his confirmation number. I set up his fast passes. You can do that or it’s your brothers tough luck if he does nothing. He doesn’t respond to his own sister? Ridiculous.
Normally I'd let somebody sink or swim if they didn't respond but it's her niece's first trip

Rista1313

Hey y’all what’s your favorite Disney World podcast? (Audio) I already listen to a few, but I'm in the mood for something new. I'm also going to try a new podcast player.. .I've been using Downcast for years, but I've heard good things about Overcast recently, so I thought I would give it a try.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Finally told my dad that my August trip is going to be partially solo.

I was walking out the door Tuesday night to grab my grandma from the airport. She'd been in SC. I had mentioned to my dad earlier that I'd been on the MDE account and that work only approved the second week, so that was when I had to go, so he needed to update the dining reservations. As I was walking out the door, he asked if I booked my flight down. Yes I found it for cheap, so I booked it. Then he said "Well, what about the way back?" "Oh, booked that too." "For when?" "Monday. I got a room for two nights." Silence. "Okay bye Dad!"

He came in and told my mom, thinking that she didn't know, and she was like, "Oh yeah, I knew." He still hasn't figured out that my process is to tell Mom first and let him find out later. 😂

He was affronted at first that I didn't tell him, but he's not surprised I decided to stay longer. I'm really surprised I haven't been questioned to death yet about it.

THE Monorail Lime

I think it’s time for chick-fila to change, they claim to support and hire everyone, but my friend, (who is gay), was denied a job at 3 separate chick-fila’s!! I understand the restaurants history, but times are changing so should chick-fila

wdwfan4ver

Our 25th is in 6 days! (He's so lucky. :hilarious: )
Congratulations.

I remember the year my parents celebrated their 25th anniversary, they bought something special. My parents went to WDW and had their picture taken. My mom and dad's own faces were on a glass crystal. The glass crystal had my parents names underneath my parents faces. 25th anniversary was mentioned underneath my parents names on the glass crystal.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I think it’s time for chick-fila to change, they claim to support and hire everyone, but my friend, (who is gay), was denied a job at 3 separate chick-fila’s!! I understand the restaurants history, but times are changing so should chick-fila
Well...

Unless your friend is someone who's sexual orientation is obvious from talking to them, then it's not an issue unless it's asked, and if it's asked, then that's not a good place to work anyway. It's illegal to ask in most states; I think Florida may be one of the exceptions. It's not like your friend is missing out on a wonderful opportunity or anything; it's a fast food job, and there's plenty of then out there.

That being said, this really isn't the place to discuss this topic further. We have an entire politics and social issues forum for this kind of thing. This thread is mostly for memes and pictures of cats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom