Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

NiarrNDisney

They could always move the trains to the expansion pad on the other side of the Germany pavilion. It's otherwise unoccupied.
Honestly the train display has seen better days and really could use a refurbishment, maybe moving it will give it the TLC it needs.
Maybe it could finally get a roof to better protect it as well.

WowFactor

Are we on the same page?

- No money from Brazilian gov.
- Private company spliting the bill with WDC
- Between Italy and Germany (trains plot)
- Trains to be moved to somewhere else
- New concept art on the move
- No Christ Redeemer
- No rides, maybe a show
- Probably a Meet and Greet
- Not defined IP - we talked about Jose Carioca, Aracuan, Ducktales and Rio (FOX)
- Two table service restaurants (one being a "churrascaria rodizio" style)
- Construction beginning latter this year
- @Sirwalterraleigh wisely isn't holding his breath until it goes vertical ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are we on the same page?

- No Christ Redeemer
- No rides, maybe a show
- Not defined IP - we talked about Jose Carioca, Aracuan, Ducktales and Rio (FOX)
Mostly.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are we on the same page?

- No Christ Redeemer
- No rides, maybe a show

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I tell you why I’m STARTING to believe this...

Because it’s depressing. We all have wanted new countries for decades...no doubt.

But it’s such low hanging fruit not fit of WDI. No attractions...too much food and bev...and so dumbed down - “hey! We get a lot of Brazil tour groups! Let’s get Brazil! Get somebody down there and get a sucker company to commit! that will get everyone off our backs for 20 years and we can IP everything else!!”

It’s almost too perfect...and not Disney enough

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I tell you why I’m STARTING to believe this...

Because it’s depressing. We all have wanted new countries for decades...no doubt.

But it’s such low hanging fruit not fit of WDI. No attractions...too much food and bev...and so dumber down - “hey! We get a lot of Brazil tour groups! Let’s get Brazil! Get somebody down there and get a sucker company to commit! that will get everyone off our backs for 20 years and we can IP everything else!!”

It’s almost too perfect...and not Disney enough

Go back to disbelieving.

Naplesgolfer

WDW is truly disadvantaged by the fact that 40-50% it's guest are one time customers The rest come from all over the world and come less frequently and stay longer than at other Disney Parks. DLR and Tokyo Disney have very large local repeat day trip client bases that just won't come without new Attractions and shows and better run parks. I think this is the top reason Disney runs WDW the way they do. I don't think the disincentive's for Disney to act differently in WDW will ever change.

WowFactor

...Get somebody down there and get a sucker company to commit! that will get everyone off our backs for 20 years and we can IP everything else!!”...

I don't know... my feelings says that the first move was from the company. IMO this whole history it is a great marketing oportunity (long term) to the company, specially if they want to expand overseas.

Anyway thank you for sharing your POV.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't know... my feelings says that the first move was from the company. IMO this whole history it is a great marketing oportunity (long term) to the company, specially if they want to expand overseas.

Anyway thank you for sharing your POV.

The main problem with new countries has always been the sponsorship deals...world has changed. Don’t need to have physical presences to promote product.

The economics of Brazil do fit...it’s a banana republic with a credit mess economy. Still is viewed as “respectable”

The perfect mark in many ways.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
WDW is truly disadvantaged by the fact that 40-50% it's guest are one time customers The rest come from all over the world and come less frequently and stay longer than at other Disney Parks. DLR and Tokyo Disney have very large local repeat day trip client bases that just won't come without new Attractions and shows and better run parks. I think this is the top reason Disney runs WDW the way they do. I don't think the disincentive's for Disney to act differently in WDW will ever change.

People can’t say no to WDW...that’s why they can reduce investment and have a completely ineffective management on autopilot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom