An Unofficial WDWMagic Disneyland Resort Forum Guide to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge

Do you think Star Wars should be in Disneyland, do you NOT think that, or do you not think THAT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

180º

Original Poster
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is almost here, and you should be prepared! Need to brush up on your SWGE info before you go? My 100% sincere, specially tailored guide will bring you up to speed. Take a look at the map and then read all about it in the descriptions below.

Attractions, Dining, and Shopping

1. Superstar Wars Limo
It may be delayed, but this attraction will be well worth the wait. Join Rey, Finn, and their agent Swifty LaRue on a daring escape from a First Order Star Destroyer. When the Resistance leaves them high and dry after a contract dispute, our heroes – and YOU – must find a way out before Kylo Ren unplugs the WiFi router or else you’ll be stranded inside and miss your dinner reservation at Café Orleans. Capiche? Must be 40” tall.

2. Millennium Falcon Salad Bar
Everyone’s favorite Weequay pirate Hondo Ohnaka needs your help in his newest business venture. Ever since reading on MiceChat that Bob Chapek cancelled Batuu’s most promising restaurant, Hondo knew that he could make a handsome profit off of starving visitors. As rookie industrial-strength salad bar rotator, take a position in one of three stations: Lettuce, dressing, or croutons (but let’s be honest, everyone wants to be croutons). The Millennium Falcon out front is just for looks. Must be 38” tall.

3. Dok Ondar’s Den Of Iniquities
Immortalize a favorite character or quote in ink on your body by “Tatooine” a forearm or ankle. Dok Ondar’s Den Of Iniquities DOES card for every purchase of death sticks.

4. Oga’s Cantina
The one part of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge that was designed for Florida. It exists, but just barely. Maximum occupancy = 5.

5. First Order Cargo
Now a DVC kiosk. Formerly merchandise. It was a cute idea to separate First Order merch into its own store, but now it’s all mixed together in other stores. Get in on Disney’s worst-kept secret.

6. Droid Depot
There’s nothing particularly special about the plastic toy droids in the droid depot that warrants the hefty upcharge, unless it’s worth the extra $50 to make it slightly easier for you to pretend your item was built next to BB-8.

7. Docking Bay 7
All of you weirdos who watch construction videos will recognize the spaceship on the roof from when it was lifted into place on Fresh Baked Disney. How embarrassing.

8. Ronto Roasters
Ronto Roasters will make you ask, “Does the fact that Earth ingredients are substituted for supposed alien meats make what I’m eating more appetizing, or does it break immersion? Also, isn’t that kind of what the fishing industry does?” Yes to all.

9. Milk Stand Presented by 20th Century Fox Acquisition
Every beverage in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is alcoholic because the Walt Disney Company hates children and Walt Disney.

10. Toydarian Wares Disney Parks Store
If you came here for the original, in-universe merchandise, you missed it. How about a Get Your Ears On refillable mug instead?

11. Black Spire Outfitters
Don’t just visit Star Wars. Become Star Wars. From this large selection of authentic, immersive Star Wars apparel, you can buy a Jedi robe or First Order officer hat that is stitched in the livery of your Hogwarts house.

12. The Jewels of Bith
Pins. It’s pins. It’s just pins.

13. Creature Stall
After the smashing success of Animal Kingdom’s own simulated illegal exotic animal trafficking, the experience comes to Galaxy’s Edge. And just like Pandora’s black market banshee babies, Star Wars pets come with a twenty minute adoption ceremony performed by a cast member who knows exactly how awkward this is for everybody.

14. Savi’s Yubbidi Nubbity Boutique
Every youngling wants to a Jedi. Have you always dreamed of having your very own lightsaber? Are you or your parents shoulder-deep in money after committing securities fraud and getting away with it? If you answered yes to both of these questions, you just might be able to afford – I mean want to stop by – Savi’s.

15. Refreshers
Quite possibly SWGE’s most significant contribution to the Star Wars canon in terms of material we haven’t seen before. And you thought Star Wars was played out!

16. Too-big-for-Florida Land: Muppet’s Edge
Roughly 60 square miles of Star Wars themed land unique to California.

Now that you're ready to visit Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, what are you most excited for? (And don't forget to vote in the poll!)

Last edited:

Rich T

This whole thing's great, but especially--
...just like Pandora’s black market banshee babies, Star Wars pets come with a twenty minute adoption ceremony performed by a cast member who knows exactly how awkward this is for everybody.
LMAO! And I'm actually surprise Disney isn't going to offer real tattooing services. For, like $5,000. For all the SW Whale fans Disney is cackling in anticipation of. :D
Even though I voted for "No SW in DL", I actually do think Star Tours in Tomorrowland was precisely the right amount of DL SW.

180º

Original Poster
This whole thing's great, but especially--

LMAO! And I'm actually surprise Disney isn't going to offer real tattooing services. For, like $5,000. For all the SW Whale fans Disney is cackling in anticipation of. :D
Even though I voted for "No SW in DL", I actually do think Star Tours in Tomorrowland was precisely the right amount of DL SW.
I agree, Star Tours is the right amount. You know, as much grief as I give SWGE, I think a permanent season of the force would have by far been the worst case scenario and I’ll count my blessings. I gotta say though, the poll suggests you guys are going way easier on Star Wars than Pawnee went on Leslie Knope.

I took #7 very personally.
😏
Me too, tbh, and I wrote it. 😳

180º

Original Poster
After years on trial, the closing of this thread’s poll as of 1:30 PM PST today confirms that we have reached a verdict on the matter of Star Wars in Disneyland once and for all!

4028161C-D82F-4625-8F26-2A594FA85AE9.jpeg

There you have it: A shockingly unshocking poll result, in which a recently inactive thread said nothing of importance. I’m Perd Hapley, and I just realized I’m not holding my microphone.

I have also misplaced my judge hammer.

AB9107A6-C698-4BEB-B810-9C8E8C458935.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom