The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Dad 2 M & M

That’s awful.

Speaking of taxes, I owe Federal tax for the first time ever. Usually I get a refund of at least $1,500. This year I owed $360. I won’t get into the politics of this here but we all know why this happened.

Anyway, I know, it’s not that much, but I was seething when I entered my bank info into the tax program I was using so the IRS could suck it right out. And suck it right out they did. It was gone the next day. Meanwhile, if you get a refund, they take their own sweet time.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
The biggest bummer is you always owe taxes, but this past year you paid ALL YEAR and they still wanted more at filing! VS giving you a few pennies back when filing!
I feel your pain for having to owe taxes. The first year I got married and since we owed money to Federal but always got a small state refund. It was quite a shock that first year when I had banking on about $1500 or more as a refund. This year was the first time we got a substantial federal refund, we actually weren't planning on getting one. We aren't going to bank on one next year but I hope we do.
This was our case for years while on payroll. Now we have our own business, and like @Goofyernmost did (or didn't)this year, we didn't prepay any tax this year, and don't prepay anymore. We put a hefty % of all revenue into a separate account, and then pay our tax in full on "April 15th". It would blow your mind NOT to pay throughout the year, have the entire tax balance due, and then stroke that huge check at one time. Wonder if we would revolt on April 15th if everyone paid this way?

The IRS, aka the "man" knows how important it is for taxes to come direct for people's payroll check(s) as one tends not to feel it during the year, and pays more attention to "bring home" pay. The same "tend not to feel it" works with investing and direct deposit straight from payroll.

Goofyernmost

The biggest bummer is you always owe taxes, but this past year you paid ALL YEAR and they still wanted more at filing! VS giving you a few pennies back when filing!
This was our case for years while on payroll. Now we have our own business, and like @Goofyernmost did (or didn't)this year, we didn't prepay any tax this year, and don't prepay anymore. We put a hefty % of all revenue into a separate account, and then pay our tax in full on "April 15th". It would blow your mind NOT to pay throughout the year, have the entire tax balance due, and then stroke that huge check at one time. Wonder if we would revolt on April 15th if everyone paid this way?

The IRS, aka the "man" knows how important it is for taxes to come direct for people's payroll check(s) as one tends not to feel it during the year, and pays more attention to "bring home" pay. The same "tend not to feel it" works with investing and direct deposit straight from payroll.
You want to be careful with that because unless they have changed the tax code you can be fined extra for not paying through out the year. You didn't have to pay completely (thus you would owe at tax return time) and they turn a blind eye to overpaying and massive overpaying, but, not pay enough during the year and they levy a penalty on that. This is from experience. I once was on the payroll getting a check from both the centrally owned companies (separate payroll offices) They didn't take out enough with that to cover my total tax requirement. I had to borrow money to pay the difference at the dreaded April 15th sad day. Then a month later I got a letter from the IRS charging me another $200.00 in penalties for not paying evenly through the whole year. Talk about something that makes you want to leave the country, that is it. (The number 80% of required tax sticks in my mind for some reason, but, that easily can be wrong.)
That was a lot of years ago, at least 30, so they might have changed that rule, but, I have never seen a rule that gives them the opportunity to make more money be thrown out.

Last edited:

12in12

That is weird. Do they always call home if you call out from work? In the US that would be considered a bit intrusive and overbearing.
Since everyone is entitled to sick pay if you have a regular work contract the government can check if you are actually sick. They don't contact all people, just random checks on a small number of people, sometime they call sometimes they visit you at home.

Rista1313

I've heard this mentioned here and there... but what's everyones opinion on packing cubes? I bought some awhile ago.. but never used them, but with our new luggage coming, I decided I want to give them another try. I watched a bunch of youtube videos on cube packing yesterday, but all the people were like size 3.... and i'm pooh size.... so wondering if any pooh size people find them useful?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I've heard this mentioned here and there... but what's everyones opinion on packing cubes? I bought some awhile ago.. but never used them, but with our new luggage coming, I decided I want to give them another try. I watched a bunch of youtube videos on cube packing yesterday, but all the people were like size 3.... and i'm pooh size.... so wondering if any pooh size people find them useful?
Yes ma'am. I find them very useful for packing the cases. And I am slightly larger than a size 3 😶

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom