Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Magenta Panther

Ehhhhhh…

Someone at Twitter, where #notmystarwars appears to be trending, suggested that the only decent way to end this mess is to have Han Solo wake up from being carbonited and mutter "Oh thank god it was all a bad dream"...

So ANYONE can be a Skywalker, eh? All he/she has to do is "identify", amirite?

Fans of played-out franchises who just can't seem to let go, welcome to Desperation Disney!

Let it be known that I do not regard the last three Wookiee-turds to be canon. Han and Leia did NOT break up, Han is NOT dead, MaRey Sue and Darth Emo do not exist, and when Vader kills someone they stay dead (I'm looking at you Palpatine, but not in a movie theater, screw that).

You SW fanboys might as well put a J between those two letters because that's what Star Wars is all about now, thanks to your inability to leave a good thing alone. Enjoy your desecrated, desiccated zombie of a franchise. I'm out.

fractal

I'm guessing that since the Tie-Fighter didn't shoot, Kylo is the pilot. Perhaps it was a sort of training with the two of them working together against a really big Baddie.

Palp likely returns as a Force Ghost.

Love the melancholy nature of the music - forcing you to realize this is the end of this saga.

The Title, Luke's voice, Lando, Palp's voice - clearly an olive branch to those that hated the Rian film.

Overall, gives me hope that 9 can clean up a lot of the mess 8 left behind.

Mike S

So let me ask this though. So we get to where we are now. 8 was made, it killed off Snoke, gave us a few new characters, Did what it did with Kylo, and killed off Luke. I get wanting more out of Snoke and everything else you have mentioned, but you aren't getting that. So you are JJ coming into 9. What could he do to salvage this in your mind? I've been thinking about that and to be honest, not sure I have an answer so I'm genuinely curious.

And while we are at it, I'll ask those that fiercely defend where Start Wars is at now. 8 did not seem to flow from 7 (the directors have admitted as much, can't imagine you argue that). Now you need to tie them all together. How do you do it? What would bring everything to a satisfying conclusion?
There is no salvaging. You can’t cook a delicious steak from rotten meat.

Just my opinion of course.

Mike S

Ehhhhhh…

Someone at Twitter, where #notmystarwars appears to be trending, suggested that the only decent way to end this mess is to have Han Solo wake up from being carbonited and mutter "Oh thank god it was all a bad dream"...

Fans of played-out franchises who just can't seem to let go, welcome to Desperation Disney!

Let it be known that I do not regard the last three Wookiee-turds to be canon. Han and Leia did NOT break up, Han is NOT dead, MaRey Sue and Darth Emo do not exist, and when Vader kills someone they stay dead (I'm looking at you Palpatine, but not in a movie theater, screw that).

You SW fanboys might as well put a J between those two letters because that's what Star Wars is all about now, thanks to your inability to leave a good thing alone. Enjoy your desecrated, desiccated zombie of a franchise. I'm out.
Going a bit far there buddy. Keep it solely about the movies. No need to attack people.

LSLS

There is no salvaging. You can’t cook a delicious steak from rotten meat.

Just my opinion of course.

I think there is, but I'm just not sure. Might be generic, but maybe you just leave the other characters behind and spend the first part of the movie building Kylo and Rey up the way he would have in 8, and then end it with the ultimate good vs evil fight type thing. I'm far from a movie expert, but that's really all I have. I am just really struggling with how to bring where we left 7 and where we left 8 to some sort of conclusion.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So let me ask this though. So we get to where we are now. 8 was made, it killed off Snoke, gave us a few new characters, Did what it did with Kylo, and killed off Luke. I get wanting more out of Snoke and everything else you have mentioned, but you aren't getting that. So you are JJ coming into 9. What could he do to salvage this in your mind? I've been thinking about that and to be honest, not sure I have an answer so I'm genuinely curious.

And while we are at it, I'll ask those that fiercely defend where Start Wars is at now. 8 did not seem to flow from 7 (the directors have admitted as much, can't imagine you argue that). Now you need to tie them all together. How do you do it? What would bring everything to a satisfying conclusion?

I can’t give abrams any kinda pass.

First...he’s making residual money every second of every day off the deal he cut to be producer of all three.

Second...he went along with a complete remake and the ford “death for cash” piece. Kasdan...Kennedy (speilberg)....abrams....
Who are they all buddies with? One decrepit Indiana Jones. Fall the facts. I bet the only guy of the inner circle that had a problem was the guy paid $4,000,000,000 in hush money.

Third...and this is not being given any consideration. Abrams and his company are producer/executive producer of 8. They knew it all Along...they would have seen cuts.
He shut up for money and Kennedy is beyond a terrible manager.

He got back in when things weren’t looking so good. The film was about to be released and he probably saw the backlash...which again goes to to the wallet
Ehhhhhh…

You mad, bro?

What do you like? And ima gonna launch napalm if you go prequel or EU...

Last edited:

HiJe

I can't believe that they are bringing back Mega Maid!!!

Jones14

He is the most powerful and feared character in Star Wars. That’s a hell of a plot device.
I don’t know that I’d go that far. Certainly more powerful than Rey or Kylo are, but he clearly fears Luke’s involvement in the conflict, and based on what we see throughout the series I wouldn’t put him anywhere near Palpatine or Yoda in terms of ability.

Then again, Star Wars has always played fast and loose with the rule book for space magic, but Snoke always felt more Wizard of Oz than Wicked Witch of the West to me.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don’t know that I’d go that far. Certainly more powerful than Rey or Kylo are, but he clearly fears Luke’s involvement in the conflict, and based on what we see throughout the series I wouldn’t put him anywhere near Palpatine or Yoda in terms of ability.

Then again, Star Wars has always played fast and loose with the rule book for space magic, but Snoke always felt more Wizard of Oz than Wicked Witch of the West to me.

I felt Palpatine was more lucky than good in the prequels. Skilled, sure, but was beaten twice and escaped thanks to shenanigans.

And we never really got to see what Snoke was capable of. But that Rian Johnson, hoo boy, he sure made a great movie, didn't he? 🤬

Mike S

I felt Palpatine was more lucky than good in the prequels. Skilled, sure, but was beaten twice and escaped thanks to shenanigans.

And we never really got to see what Snoke was capable of. But that Rian Johnson, hoo boy, he sure made a great movie, didn't he? 🤬
Hm? He was only beaten once almost by Windu. Yoda had to flee. What was his second loss?

lazyboy97o

Six movies establish decades of civil, criminal and armed resistance against the Galactic Empire. These movies also establish places outside the control of the Empire. Snoke, in a matter of days, unequivocally controls the entire galaxy, including areas that were never part of the Empire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom