The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

It's rainy here right now. But that's better than snow!
Right now, weather.com is claiming there could snowing coming where I live on next week Wednesday and Thursday.

At least there is no snow for next weekend:). Next weekend is when the Midwest Gaming Classic is happening. Last Year, there was snow storm that happened on Saturday night of the Midwest Gaming Classic and not a lot of people attended the next day due to cleaning up the snow Elsa caused.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

See, this is a concept I don't understand....landlords make their rent so high that no one can afford it, so the places sit empty. Then the landlord isn't making anything off all those empty spaces. Wouldn't it be better to lower the rent a bit to make it affordable? You'll make more by having all of the stores filled than by price gouging the few people for the few spaces that are occupied. I mean....if you charge $1000 a month per space and you have 100 spaces filled, you make way more than you do by having only 20 spaces filled and charging $5000 a month. It's the same with apartment buildings....empty apartments don't earn any rent, so you have to raise the prices on the ones that are filled to make the money, but then those empty out too. I'd rather earn $500 a month from 100 tenants than $1000 a month for 40 tenants.

It’s been working a little differently around here these days.
If you recall, I was doing those occasional closing shifts on weeknights after my main architecture gig, and even Saturdays sometimes, for the men’s clothing store that I worked for (one of my jobs) during the last recession.
At one point he had one store open at an outdoor mall and another at the indoor mall down the street from us. He had been in the same indoor mall location for about 6 years.
First, he had to close the store in the outdoor mall, on a prime corner location, because a restaurant was willing to pay double the rent he was. No way he could afford that, and there were no more open spaces in that mall for him to move into.
Then, another business was willing to pay higher rent at the 6 year location, so he moved to another location in the mall.
He ended up moving 2 more times in that mall before finally having to go out of business because yet another business was willing to pay double the rent for the last location he was in.

My main point being, there are almost no empty storefronts, so the landlords (both Simon Properties in this case) can keep raising prices (like Disney ;)) until they push the envelope to the point where tenants are no longer able to afford it, and a correction will occur.

donaldtoo

It’s pretty cool how so many well-known actors/actresses from back in the day were in so many of these original Twilight Zone episodes...
Season 5, episode 5 (S5, E5) “The Last Night of a Jockey” starring Mickey Rooney was on earlier. The last episode (S3, E33) “The Dummy” starred Cliff Robertson and Frank Sutton (best known as Sgt. Carter on the TV show “Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.”). And now, the very first episode (S1, E1) “Where Is Everybody” with Earl Holliman is on...!!! :)

wdwfan4ver

Since Mr. Ferret mention Delorean,

The following is coming at the Midwest gaming classic from April 12th to April 14th:
bttf-delorean.jpg

Goofyernmost

Just saw a Universal Orlando (have never been) commercial, and am wondering why there was a snippet of the “Jaws” attraction in it when that attraction closed on Jan. 2, 2012...?! :cyclops:
I saw it as well, I believe it is primarily a Universal Hollywood, but, they mention Florida as well. Disney is guilty of that all the time. It's one size fits all.

Goofyernmost

It’s pretty cool how so many well-known actors/actresses from back in the day were in so many of these original Twilight Zone episodes...
Season 5, episode 5 (S5, E5) “The Last Night of a Jockey” starring Mickey Rooney was on earlier. The last episode (S3, E33) “The Dummy” starred Cliff Robertson and Frank Sutton (best known as Sgt. Carter on the TV show “Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.”). And now, the very first episode (S1, E1) “Where Is Everybody” with Earl Holliman is on...!!! :)
Wait till you see the one with Burgess Meredith in it when he finally gets his wish.

MySmallWorldof4

It’s been working a little differently around here these days.
If you recall, I was doing those occasional closing shifts on weeknights after my main architecture gig, and even Saturdays sometimes, for the men’s clothing store that I worked for (one of my jobs) during the last recession.
At one point he had one store open at an outdoor mall and another at the indoor mall down the street from us. He had been in the same indoor mall location for about 6 years.
First, he had to close the store in the outdoor mall, on a prime corner location, because a restaurant was willing to pay double the rent he was. No way he could afford that, and there were no more open spaces in that mall for him to move into.
Then, another business was willing to pay higher rent at the 6 year location, so he moved to another location in the mall.
He ended up moving 2 more times in that mall before finally having to go out of business because yet another business was willing to pay double the rent for the last location he was in.

My main point being, there are almost no empty storefronts, so the landlords (both Simon Properties in this case) can keep raising prices (like Disney ;)) until they push the envelope to the point where tenants are no longer able to afford it, and a correction will occur.
I think that is just plain terrible on the part of Simon. Did the man who owned the stores try and sell things onljne, or is something like that just not feasible?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom