The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I never understood the core subject requirements for college. Those were all done in high school. College should be used to study for whatever profession you are going for. This makes me think that the way school is set up as @Songbird76 said in The Netherlands, is a better way. Kids aren’t wasting 4 years. They could get work done for a major in 2, but then the business of college would be ruined. Think of the lost income.
That was what my Associate Degree was about. Two years of just business related stuff, not basket weaving or ancient history. Just the basics of how to run and finance a business. When I got my ABA it was considered an asset, but, not anymore. If you graduate from college with less then $100K debt, it isn't consider to be viable. I also found that many like you mentioned were from some wealth to begin with and either they or their family knew people that knew people. That is how they got started, but, they also had to prove themselves or they wouldn't really have progressed beyond middle management unless "Daddy" owned the said business.

Cesar R M

Latest creation...

Chicken red bean quesadilla with green onion and tomato and seasoned with Chipotle black pepper.
View attachment 361652
UpW7G4a.gif

Noticing all the cheesy stuff...

wdwfan4ver

World has gone bat crazy.

And in addition to the above, my rant today is about the people who "bought": their college aged kids admission into some top colleges. But wait, there's more -- While two of the more well-known Hollywood types were at the federal courthouse in Boston today, there were actually some fans outside, waiting to get autographs and selfies with them??!! Are you kidding me??!!

Because of these mothers, (and about 18 other lesser known, but wealthy people, who bought college admission for their kids), the dreams of some other qualified, hard working, young people, never came to fruition, as they lost their acceptances by someone who stole it from them. I'm beside myself over what I saw on my local news stations here this evening. :mad:
I don't like rich parents that bought their college aged kids admission into schools that the kids have no business going to. I do think the problem of undeserving people going to college is deeper than the parents.

It is known that there has been corruption in certain college sports for decades. I'm referring to men's college basketball and Men's College Football ( not soccer) since those two sports is where the colleges make their most money in college sports. What I know about College basketball is the NBA currently has a 19 year old age limit before declaring for the NBA draft. In the past college sports has scandals involving shoe companies, or other forms of corruption. In one case there was a college giving passing grades to athletes to a class that does not exist:mad:.

What has been happening is some colleges have been recruiting players at are going to be one and done meaning the basketball players that go to that college actually go there to play basketball, not getting a college degree. It is to the point that the head coach of Duke's Men's basketball team is not happy that the NBA wants allow players to be drafted when they 18 years old because he wants one and done players. I'm sorry, but wasting sports scholarships on a basketball that only is in to play basketball for season is wrong.

The truth is NBA already has a farm system and allow 18 year basketball players to be drafted actually would give basketball scholarships to High school students that want to get a college degree instead of those who just want to play basketball.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning all! Guess what today is? Wait for it............................the day before we leave for our happy place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😍 I may not be able to sleep tonight! 😉 I will post some pictures here if anyone would like during our stay.

If anyone would like?! How about ALL of us would like!!! :joyfull: :joyfull:

Have a happy and safe trip. And have a Dole Whip for me, will yah?! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom