The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

12in12

PART 22

After disembarking.. we went to pick up our bags and then called an UBER.

Unfortunately.. there was very poor reception (or more like way too many people in the Port of Miami, all disembarking from different ships and the internet was slow as molasses)
So it was kinda tricky to order an uber.
To make things worse. I made the mistake or ordering a normal Uber and not the XL. So when he arrived he said we couldnt all fit.
He got angry and canceled (I still paid him a part of the trip).
Still he had a ton of requests.

This unfortunately caused Uber to start to rise prices to stratosphere levels.. the simple trip that was going to cost 25 USD was now starting to cost 120 USD because of "uber is having a higher than average service requests".
So we got suggested to try LYFT.
We found a nice dude using the LYFT app (way cheaper and big minivan too) and we went towards our hotel.

The hotel was in the back of the Airport. It was a pretty old 80's style hotel which was renovated a few years ago (Clarion Inn and Suites miami Airport).
It was in a very good location surrounded by restaurants.

We arrived a bit early and our room was not yet ready.
So we decided to put our bags in storage and as soon the room was ready we unpacked and then decide to visit the places we didnt have much time to check in Miami. I ended sharing room with my nephew and my mom, my sis and my niece in the other.
We ended in different floors and their room was a tiny bit bigger than ours.

Anyway..
So we went to the Little Havana section via Lyft. Specially to the Calle 8.

View attachment 358753

We walked around, visited stores, etc..
And we ate at a restaurant we had eyed before.
The prices were VERY CHEAP Compared to the amount of food.
And the food taste was pretty decent.

The place was named "El Pub Restaurant"
https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...3f90bd4fa2c62de!8m2!3d25.765497!4d-80.2203803

View attachment 358754

We then were debating if we should go elsewhere before returning home... but we were a bit tired so we decided to return to the hotel.
Where we took a few naps and then ordered pizza, wings etc.. .
They all also prepared their bags as they had to leave pretty early the next day.

The next day they left, checked out, gave a good bye hugs, etc..
And I waited few before getting all ready to get to my Comptia A+ final exam. Which was going to be offered at Miami Dade's Wolfson campus right in downtown Miami (right infront of the Marina BayShore section..)

I took a lyft and everything was uneventful. A lot of latino drivers.
Anyway.. Here comes the annoying part.
I arrived to the area that appears in the map as Wolfson Miami Dade College Campus Building 8 ..
There was nothing, completely deserted area.
I decided to walk around the whole block to enter the main door only to find it completely closed down with metal barricages.. and no staff to be seen.
I started to question people around and nobody know why the place was closed down.
I even entered a few coffees and noone had any idea.
I was getting annoyed. Until by pure luck a police officer was getting out of the College dorms building. Asked questions and boom..
guess what?
IT WAS MARTIN LUTHER KING's DAY.
How the hell all these people did not know this?
Anyway almost everything was closed down. Not only because of the day but because apparently (according to my next Lyft driver), the ex cubans, afroamericans and other latinos, etc.. get a bit wild in their protests and motorcades.. and sometimes damage businesses during their marching protesting.
Hence the heavy metal barricades around the College's entryways.

I called them the campus and informed me that only TOMORROW they would reopen. That was a big NO NO since I had to leave the next day.

So I took a lyft back and returned to the hotel. Where I wrote a lengthy email to the company in charge of the exams.
It was pretty crazy because their system is pretty much designed to be standalone and they DO HIDE the help areas or contact areas very well.

It took me.. I think 45 minutes to finally find the contact help area inside who knows how many login screens and redirects attempting you to do their useless automated help system.

Anyway they were also closed for the day so I had to wait.
Still shaky I went to a very decent chinese food restaurant located right next to the hotel.
Which was CHEAP, GOOD and OFFERED A TON OF FOOD.
So it was a good option considering how I was feeling then.
Then returned to watch TV on my room and try to calm down.

Next day I had to return home kinda early with the route of MIA -> MEX -> PVR using 2 different airlines.
So I wanted to be very well rested before the plane switching and moving everywhere.

Once it was nighttime, I wasnt very sure but I think I was able to order KFC via online thru a shipping service. so I ate KFC that night. Nothing fancy.
Then packed most of my stuff (leaving only my clothes of the next day, my pillow and my cleaning stuff )
Set up my vibrating clock for the night and went to sleep.

The Miami airport trip was kinda uneventful.. We still had to do a full workaround the entire airport to enter the other side.. It was also a bit messy trying to find the airline section to drop off bags.. Its a big airport.

Once ready, I went inside and took my time. The terminal for international flights going to Mexico was an extended terminal in a T like shape with multiple smaller waiting rooms. The place also had 2 floors. Most restaurants and shops were on the first floor.
The bad thing is, the restaurants were or vry expensive or the others were closed. Leaving only an overpriced deli open. (the restaurant was barely opening and had nothing hot yet).
So I decided to get a bag of snacks AND some big water botle.

The wait was pretty long but in the end everything worked fine. boarded on time and left to Mexico City.
Where I had to pick up my bags, leave the airport secure area and then reregister my bags with the other airline and then reenter the airport secure section.

I used the time inside to eat some McDonalds before going to the gate. Getting a bus, and then boarding the plane back home.
Where my aunt picked me up thankfully (my mom was unavailable as my grandmah was getting worse and she had to leave for Guadalajara and my sis was also unavailable too busy)

aaaand thats it for the trip report!
Thank you for sharing, it's always nice to read about different places.

12in12

According to the moderator, “He was banned because his complaint crossed the line into a profanity laden rant and also contained personal attacks. He also requested that his account be deleted.”
I guess if you can't stay civil you shouldn't be on here. Thanks for letting me know, now I will stop looking for updates from his wedding trip report.

Tony the Tigger

He became a premium member, went down, saw posts about himself, and it set him off.

I missed it, wasting my time evaluating a record collection in Miami that went nowhere.

But that first trip to premium can be a doozy and a bit surprising. I’m not surprised he felt insulted.

That said, we’ve had some kind of issue with that person’s “stability” elsewhere.

KBLovedDisney

This is the first time since I was a kid where I went and bought all new clothes for vacation, meaning 5 of the same pair of capri pants (sorry for those of you out there who hate them, but they are just soooo comfy to me) and new earth shoes (my favorite brand). T-shirts I passed on because I still have some of those left.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This is the first time since I was a kid where I went and bought all new clothes for vacation, meaning 5 of the same pair of capri pants (sorry for those of you out there who hate them, but they are just soooo comfy to me) and new earth shoes (my favorite brand). T-shirts I passed on because I still have some of those left.

I love wearing capris! I’m wearing some now. 🙂

MySmallWorldof4

I missed it, wasting my time evaluating a record collection in Miami that went nowhere.

But that first trip to premium can be a doozy and a bit surprising. I’m not surprised he felt insulted.

That said, we’ve had some kind of issue with that person’s “stability” elsewhere.
Hmm. Makes me almost want to be a premium member. Just almost. I am ok with just hanging out with friends here and reading trip reports when I get a chance. ;)

MySmallWorldof4

I love capris! I always bring a pair to Disney. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom