The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Goofyernmost

How sweet, and quite mean, of you to remember my long lost friend Jonny. I raised him from a puppy and then one day he somehow managed to pull his head out of his collar and ran (slowly) away. I don't know how he made it across that interstate during rush hour, but, apparently he did. Oh, well. I guess it was for the best. I'm not sure if you know how difficult it is to house train a Tortoise. I shell be happy to just have known him.

wdwfan4ver

Oh carp! I missed the fun. All the good stuff goes on here after I'm asleep!! :banghead:
I missed it too and that is too bad since I have the proper food for it. This is the food I'm referring to:

l__double_delites_-_buttery_caramel_corn_-_nutrition_-_500.jpg

I'll be eating it during this weekend's NASCAR race though at home:). It was either that or cherry flavored Popcorn.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I missed it too and that is too bad since I have the proper food for it. This is the food I'm referring to:

l__double_delites_-_buttery_caramel_corn_-_nutrition_-_500.jpg

I'll be eating it during this weekend's NASCAR race though at home:). It was either that or cherry flavored Popcorn.

Cherry flavored popcorn? Wow, that's a first!! That aside, can you please pour out some of that delicious buttery caramel corn, for me? I don't need the entire package, as that would be impolite on my part. :angelic:

(However, I'd be content with half the bag .... :p )

Cesar R M

I see any interview I go on as good practice and a learning opportunity. I change jobs every 2 years or so if not more and interview probably 5 times before starting a new job so by now I have a lot of experience. I've also helped hire my replacement a few times so have seen the process from the other side. Preparation is important, do you your homework about the company and if possible the person interviewing you. Make sure you are dressed appropriately for the position you are interviewing for and that you smell nice. I would think this was a given but I have had quite a few people show up either under dressed or in something like a wedding suit. There have also been people that clearly forgot their deodorant or didn't wash their hair.
If you are wearing a tie for your interview try and pick something plain but a warm colour. Standing out and being remembered is crucial for getting the job, especially if there are many candidates. Eye contact, shaking hands, smiling and asking a pertinent question about the job are also all important.
That would be an issue, I rarely do interviews lol. I have been working 14 years for the same company.
I tend to move positions by my own effort, hardwork and contacts who recommend me :p

Cesar R M

Exactly....JK is known for red herrings, deception, and last minute reveals. You can't take anything at face value, but you always have to pay attention to things that happened before. Explanations are planted inconspicuously, but in plain sight. Like the locket that no one could open in Grimmauld place. I love how complex her stories are....the layers that you have to peel through to find the answers. She's really brilliant at that, and I love that she parallels it all to real world events/feelings, etc. I can't wait to watch it again!!!
I believe a lot of the last second reveals that looked way too "to seek attention" are actually legit planned things that she was forced to swallow earlier because the fandom and general public was not ready for it.
A few years ago, having a main character who is very close and important tie to the story as gay, would get blasted by conservatives and other things.
Lets not forget there are still groups of "religious beliefs" and "christian" who blaster her for absolutely everything. Even claiming she was a tool of satanism and that the magic world she invented was a monstrous sin.
Now add things like the gay reveal of Dumbledore in the first years? it might have slowed down the popularity considerably or even get her books blocked in several areas.

In the other hand. She also has not full control on everything.
The hilarious Johnny Depp version of Grindenwald, for example, was cringeworthy.. while the Dumbledore version in the last movie looked Ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom