News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

SirWillow

The entire land will not be open August 29.

Rise of the Reistance will open later... in Late Fall.

Looks like my mistake. the original posts I saw come from the stock holders meaning said that Disneyland's would open in 2 phases, but that WDW's would all open at once. The three articles I looked at at that time have all been edited to correct that and say both will open in phases.

In any case, as far as the discussion, August 29 is the important date anyways as they want the skyliner open before that, regardless of phases of SWGE.

Lensman

Looking at these, it looks like it's going to be very difficult to clean the glass, inside and out. With all the different panels, the mesh screen, the opening mechanism, etc.... And, with so many cabins (and so many little kid fingers), that could be a full time job cleaning the glass!
Or perhaps Disney has sprung for a self-cleaning titanium dioxide coating?

Amused to Death

Decals could be applied to them all when they’re in storage.
if the gondolas a rockin ... dont comma knockin
I don't understand Disney's thinking on the character wraps. You had better believe that couples are going to be joining the 30-foot-high club inside of the gondolas. All the wraps will do is provide additional incentive.

With family members who have worked in the parks, and experienced these things first hand, I can tell you that couples have gone at it just about everywhere you can imagine. CMs have had to do everything from make PA announcements on Pirates of the Caribbean ("You know we can see you?!") to remove used condoms from the Swiss Family Treehouse (listening to bands wasn't the only things kids were doing on Grad Nights/Nights of Joy)!

Windows aren't the only thing you'll need to worry about Disney cleaning! 🤣

DisneyCane

I don't understand Disney's thinking on the character wraps. You had better believe that couples are going to be joining the 30-foot-high club inside of the gondolas. All the wraps will do is provide additional incentive.

With family members who have worked in the parks, and experienced these things first hand, I can tell you that couples have gone at it just about everywhere you can imagine. CMs have had to do everything from make PA announcements on Pirates of the Caribbean ("You know we can see you?!") to remove used condoms from the Swiss Family Treehouse (listening to bands wasn't the only things kids were doing on Grad Nights/Nights of Joy)!

People that get off on joining the 30 foot high club will do it with or without wraps. If the wraps make it so the people and children outside don't see it, then they are a good thing!

truecoat

As long as they can get a gondola by themselves.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The weather downtime issue has been re-evaluated. There’s a possibility of a bare bones bus service to take up some of the slack given the realisation (!) the system will probably close down for several hours a day in the summer. Not the most elegant solution but better than nothing.

Last edited:

Movielover

cindy_k

The weather downtime issue has been re-evaluated. There’s a possibility of a bare bones bus service to take up some of the slack given the realisation (!) the system will probably close down for several hours a day in the summer. Not the most elegant solution but better than nothing.
"Welcome to Disney World. For your comfort and safety, the Skyliner will not be operational between 3 and 6 this afternoon. Alternate transportation will be provided. Mickey ponchos will be available to purchase through out the park should you need them. Enjoy your day!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom