News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is a great example of the garbage comments that makes this forum almost unbearable these days. Whatever it takes for those "likes" I guess.

It was all in good fun, Mr. Krabs. If you can’t handle some levity from time to time, I suggest frequenting a different site where it’s not allowed. Or use the Ignore button.

And I don’t need “likes”. I’m not 12, or a millennial.

GeneralZod

It was all in good fun, Mr. Krabs. If you can’t handle some levity from time to time, I suggest frequenting a different site where it’s not allowed. Or use the Ignore button.

I am actually pretty big fan of humor. I just prefer intelligent humor instead of sycophantic dog-piling. It just gets old here.

Now, can we get back to complaining about how EPCOT will never compare to the state in which it existed as seen through our childhood nostalgia-vision. :)

_caleb

Doing it would require significant addition and reworking of the building. It wouldn’t just be something we haven’t seen yet, it would be an entirely new structure added onto an existing structure requiring rework of what has just been done. It would be a literal addition to the building.
I agree that it’s unlikely that they would decorate the gravity building. They’re clearly committed to a “camouflage“ approach with those prefinished panels. But your reasoning doesn’t make sense to me. Why would it require a “significant addition and reworking?” We’ve seen every stage of construction so far—we know there’s a solid frame under the exterior. Lightweight perforated cladding could be attached to exactly the same supports as the light blue panels. If backlit, this would approximate the look of the building in the illustration. Why do you keep saying it wouldn’t be possible?

Imagineer777

So...What types of easter eggs are you hoping to see in the attraction? I'm 99% sure that the original Universe of Energy theme will be played in some capacity; whether it's in the pre-show on Peter's Walkman, or on the actual coaster itself with an "EPCOT Center Mixtape" - From what I've seen, I love all the references and presentation of Mission: Breakout, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what they can do with a big, blank slate! :)

EDIT: There's big, black letters saying "ADVERTISEMENT", guess I was too positive🤷‍♂️

tl77

As others have said, virtually zero possibility, though I was a fan of that path over the blue boxView attachment 352847
I don't know that it even needs to be anything this elaborate, but the place is the Experimental Prototype COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW Can't they make "some" effort to make this building, and the Soarin' building, look somewhat futuristic? How hard would it really be to make them look like some kind of "Future World" structures on the edge of this Community of Tomorrow?

At least the Soarin' building has an interesting shape to it, but is "big blue square" really the best that The Walt Disney Company's Theme Park Imagineers and Marvel Comics could come up with?

montyz81

I'm not a millennial either, but damn, I had to like this!

lazyboy97o

I agree that it’s unlikely that they would decorate the gravity building. They’re clearly committed to a “camouflage“ approach with those prefinished panels. But your reasoning doesn’t make sense to me. Why would it require a “significant addition and reworking?” We’ve seen every stage of construction so far—we know there’s a solid frame under the exterior. Lightweight perforated cladding could be attached to exactly the same supports as the light blue panels. If backlit, this would approximate the look of the building in the illustration. Why do you keep saying it wouldn’t be possible?
There is not a solid frame behind the exterior walls. They are held up by girts which are a light system that are not intended for much weight. The thickness of the exterior walls is almost all foam, with thin sheets of metal sandwiching it. Perforated metal panel systems require a more substantial wall assembly like steel studs, which would be vertically oriented and no more than 2’ from each other while the girts run horizontally and are at least 4’ apart. So even perforated metal panels would require building another wall somewhere to hold them up, making the existing walls pointless.

Another good indicator that this is the final exterior is the overflow scuppers. You’d be pouring water down on any lighting or attachments, testing their water tightness and obscuring the visibility of the overflowing water.

ilovetotravel1977

When Disney's says this ride will be operational in "2021", do you think it will be Jan-May 2021 or June-Dec 2021?

I really want my next trip to include this ride, so hoping for the Jan-May timing.

Now, can we get back to complaining about how EPCOT will never compare to the state in which it existed as seen through our childhood nostalgia-vision. :)

THIS!! Yes, I agree with this.

How many times do you remember a place from your childhood and in your memories it was large....beautiful.....impressive and then you revisit the place only to find that it was actually pretty small and not all that much?

I truly believe that our experiences and our memories, our nostalgia if you will, is the very thing that makes these places larger than real life for us. We remember the way it made us feel and all of the good times we had there but honestly to someone who was not there when you were or who does not have the same memories you do, it may not mean the same thing.

We who love what Epcot is today or even was in the recent years past are not uncouth and unwashed because we don't long for what it was for all of you. My children LOVED Innoventions. They still talk about making paper and the Piggy Bank Adventure to this day because that was their childhood. That doesn't mean their opinions are worth any less than a person whose childhood was Body Wars and who loves and misses that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom