News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

lazyboy97o

As of now. (I still highly doubt it, as does pretty much everyone here)
Doing it would require significant addition and reworking of the building. It wouldn’t just be something we haven’t seen yet, it would be an entirely new structure added onto an existing structure requiring rework of what has just been done. It would be a literal addition to the building.

rle4lunch

As of now. (I still highly doubt it, as does pretty much everyone here)
Put this guy on the job

Smooth

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of an overlay of some sort that would look similar::: not the exact building. Instead of trying to hide something that really can not be hid, jazz it up and make it look 'cool'. 🤷‍♂️

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Instead of trying to hide something that really can not be hid, jazz it up and make it look 'cool'. 🤷‍♂️
Many of us recall the last time Disney attempted to "jazz it up and make it look cool". It was a glorious day for the defenders of pixie dust, but of course, those of us who questioned the lack of any form of presentation were labelled "complainers". Just check out the amazing effort they showed us when they opened, "D-Zone", with all the immersive theming of a recreational softball game concession stand!

Smooth

Many of us recall the last time Disney attempted to "jazz it up and make it look cool". It was a glorious day for the defenders of pixie dust, but of course, those of us who questioned the lack of any form of presentation were labelled "complainers". Just check out the amazing effort they showed us when they opened, "D-Zone", with all the immersive theming of a recreational softball game concession stand!

View attachment 352787
Nice.....

Bostb71

I love how we’ve been talking about how annoying and repetitive the box complaints have gotten, but in between our posts are more people complaining about the box like it just showed up yesterday 🤣
Whew, I'm glad you mentioned this... I haven't really been following this thread and didn't want to read through 570 pages, but I didn't know if anyone else had mentioned that the gravity building is a big blue box. It's really big and kind of ruins the sight lines in the park.

And has the use of IP in the park been discussed yet?

mikejs78

Premium Member
Not that anyone's mind will change, BUT when your ACTUALLY there it's hardly noticeable from inside the park... in time it will be no more noticeable than Soarin' but that won't stop the armchair CEOs and second guessers...

I think the Ratatouille building sticks out more.
^This. I was there yesterday and I didn't specifically look for the building in the park. I didn't notice it unless I was in the parking lot. Rat building I saw but I assume that will get some kind of theming to match France.

Same with the gondola tower near France. I can see them but they don't stand out like in pictures.

I had the opposite experience. I've been optimistic about the attraction and about the go-away blue nature of the box. But when I was there last week, my eyes caught it a few times without looking for it, and it was huge. I'm still optimistic about the attraction, but really am a bit disappointed now with the lack of theming.

FWIW, I did not notice the Ratatouille building, and really never notice the Soarin' building unless I specifically look for it, and didn't notice the Gondola either.

Epcot_Imagineer

Whew, I'm glad you mentioned this... I haven't really been following this thread and didn't want to read through 570 pages, but I didn't know if anyone else had mentioned that the gravity building is a big blue box. It's really big and kind of ruins the sight lines in the park.

And has the use of IP in the park been discussed yet?
Approx 267 pages of Box is bad: Yes ✅
Approx 303 pages of IP is bad: Yes ✅

Can we pin this post at the top? Thanks.

jt04

People are presuming the new building/project for Communicore East won't be relevant to Future World's sightlines.

Because negativity is easy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom