All you need to know about 'Service Your Way' at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

maxime29

Premium Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but housekeeping still has to check on the room daily for safety reasons, no? Just means that they may or may not clean your room if you select this new option.

DABIGCHEEZ

Doesn't directly affect me as we are DVC and used to no housekeeping... but I am curious about one thing. Why can't they just issue a credit for $10/day at the end of your stay instead of sending you a gift card at a later date?

surfsupdon

Seems wierd that parking costs more between the Resort tiers but Housekeeping does not. I mean it’s not wierd I’m just being a buster.

Wvmom

When do you receive the gift card? The last morning since it has to be cleaned that night, the day before when they check it for the last time, etc.?

ThatMouse

We use this un-service, because we aren't that messy and there's no need. The only issue is we end up with some old towels and garbage which we just leave next to our door which seems pretty trashy. This will be the first time we get hit with the parking fee so any extra savings including tips I'll keep.

I do think this is a very odd offering by Disney especially how resort prices have gone way up above this measly $10 thing. What's next, listing hotel prices excluding the housekeeping fee??

Becky

I'll never opt to put staff out of work. Sorry.

Staffing levels are "adjusted" when they reach the number of rooms serviced by Mousekeepers per day. Would you want to be told to stay home tomorrow without pay because guests opted out?

First of all I don't try to put people out of work either. However I believe facts indicate housekeepers are being hired not laid off. In April of last year Disney was paying housekeepers a starting wage of $10.50 an hour and giving a hiring bonus of $1250. The wage was increased to $13 an hour and on March 3rd of this year it goes to $14. Even though the bonus is gone I think offering a starting wage of $14 an hour means Disney wants more not less housekeepers and per their job site "Qualified candidates may be hired on the spot. "

As per adjusting staffing levels that happens in all business. Part time people are the first to be sent home and that is why they are hired for "up to X number of hours". Still full time may be sent home too. An example is the pool bar at Pop. The bar is closed when it storms and the bar tenders are sent home if it looks like the bar will not reopen.

If potential cast members pay attention during interviews etc they know what to expect from the company and what the company expects of them.

By the way I always tip Mousekeepers on a daily. Many people do and $14 an hour plus tips is not a bad starting wage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom