All you need to know about 'Service Your Way' at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

Flynnwriter

Disney Announecs New “You Service The World” program to maximize guest savings! Today, Disney World announced a hands-on program to help families maximize their vacation budget! With “You Service the World” guests will be offered discount tickets, food discounts and savings around every corner just by grabbing a broom, toilet brush or dish towel and “whistling while your work.” In the parks, guests will save up to $4 per family just by sweeping and emptying trash cans for 3 hours of their visit. In the resorts, cleaning dirty toilets will earn each guest $2 off their room rate. In the restaurants and cafes of Disney Springs, guests can wash and dry dishes after their meal for a 5% discount off their total bill (does not include alcohol). This new service is just part of the green movement at Disney and we want to pass the savings onto each and every family member!

beertiki

The biggest benefit of this is, I will not be woken up from my nap at 3pm by housekeeping. Maybe if they had used the Magic Band technology to figure out that room 2218 entered the MK at 8am, and the room was empty now, then put it on the list to be cleaned, I might not opt out. But, it always seems to work out that my room never gets cleaned while I am at the park, I come back, close my eyes at 245, and fifteen minutes later, the knock on the door.

nickys

Premium Member
The biggest benefit of this is, I will not be woken up from my nap at 3pm by housekeeping. Maybe if they had used the Magic Band technology to figure out that room 2218 entered the MK at 8am, and the room was empty now, then put it on the list to be cleaned, I might not opt out. But, it always seems to work out that my room never gets cleaned while I am at the park, I come back, close my eyes at 245, and fifteen minutes later, the knock on the door.

But you will still have security checks, so that 3pm knock is still a possibility.

UncleMike101

When do you receive the gift card? The last morning since it has to be cleaned that night, the day before when they check it for the last time, etc.?
I got my email gift card immediately. The front desk agent sent it during check in. Tip* take a screen shot of your gift card code. That way you do not have to keep going into your email to access it.
Another tip:
If you set up a Disney Gift Card Account https://disneygiftcard.com/ you can transfer the E card money to your physical card and not have to mess with getting out your phone to make a purchase.
I did this last August.

I am Timmy

We still got woke up, I went to the front desk to see if we could schedule a time. They said sure, so I had them come later when I knew we would be at dinner. Never heard or saw them again. Yea!

tissandtully

Lol, they can't even keep the door locks from crashing when someone has more than 5 magic bands on their account, doubt this would even be possible.

BigThunderMatt

Disney Announecs New “You Service The World” program to maximize guest savings! Today, Disney World announced a hands-on program to help families maximize their vacation budget! With “You Service the World” guests will be offered discount tickets, food discounts and savings around every corner just by grabbing a broom, toilet brush or dish towel and “whistling while your work.” In the parks, guests will save up to $4 per family just by sweeping and emptying trash cans for 3 hours of their visit. In the resorts, cleaning dirty toilets will earn each guest $2 off their room rate. In the restaurants and cafes of Disney Springs, guests can wash and dry dishes after their meal for a 5% discount off their total bill (does not include alcohol). This new service is just part of the green movement at Disney and we want to pass the savings onto each and every family member!

You do realize opting out of housekeeping for some kind of incentive is an industry standard right? As is paying for on-site parking? I don't understand why people are legit losing their crap over this stuff when the hotel industry in general has been doing stuff like this for literally years. People here acknowledge all the time that Disney is nickel and diming people left and right and yet when they try to do something that you've been paying for or getting incentivized for at other hotels for forever they've suddenly crossed the line and gone off the deep end. Where's the logic in that? It's not like they made some kind of written in blood promise to past and future guests alike that they would never change their policies.

areddins

This isn't unusual for the industry. Other hotel chains have offered me this as well and many of them promote is as an environmental thing (less laundry mostly). Sounds to me its part that and part incentive for not having to hire just anyone to make sure they have enough people to clean rooms people would rather not have cleaned anyway. This also makes it more predictable, if you opt-out ahead of time, versus just deciding to leave the sign on the door, they can plan staff around that.

I don't love the "nickel and diming" aspect either. As someone who usually rents a car rather than use Disney transportation, I would have rather them just raised the room rates and baked it in. However, if you don't need to park, then that's not really fair to you. (Although, duh Disney, there's a way you could have made even more money...)

When staying at any hotel, housekeeping service is one thing that is always expected and appreciated. However, when staying for an extended period of time, all clean linens every day, the time to clean everything, etc. seems to be a bit excessive. You don't do that for yourselves at home, so cutting back on the service is not going to be a hardship, especially since you have a choice. For my family, we were glad to be offered "service your way", we jumped at the chance for one primary reason, the smell! Whatever disinfectant they use leaves a very heavy perfume smell that drive our allergies wild. You can't say don' t spray anything, so optional cleaning is fine. Never had a problem getting services when asked for them.

Ladybat

We use this un-service, because we aren't that messy and there's no need. The only issue is we end up with some old towels and garbage which we just leave next to our door which seems pretty trashy. This will be the first time we get hit with the parking fee so any extra savings including tips I'll keep.

I do think this is a very odd offering by Disney especially how resort prices have gone way up above this measly $10 thing. What's next, listing hotel prices excluding the housekeeping fee??
Hi Mouse..... If you booked your room before March you won't have to pay a parking fee. Because it was not in effect then. I clarified this with Disney cast members over the phone and they made the notation in my file that I was not be charged that fee since I booked in July of 2018. So if you booked before it went into effect fight for your right to have it removed. They'll give it to you.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hi Mouse..... If you booked your room before March you won't have to pay a parking fee. Because it was not in effect then. I clarified this with Disney cast members over the phone and they made the notation in my file that I was not be charged that fee since I booked in July of 2018. So if you booked before it went into effect fight for your right to have it removed. They'll give it to you.
Resort parking fees are not charged to reservations booked prior to March 21, 2018. Anyone who booked a room after that date isn’t exempt. If you booked in July 2018 (or did you mean 2017?) you will be charged for parking, unless you booked a DVC room or a special travel agent package.

Ladybat

Resort parking fees are not charged to reservations booked prior to March 21, 2018. Anyone who booked a room after that date isn’t exempt. If you booked in July 2018 (or did you mean 2017?) you will be charged for parking, unless you booked a DVC room or a special travel agent package.

Hmm looks like you are right about that. Well they told me I would not have to pay it so I better get that sent to me in writing then. I booked in July of 2018.

We are staying at The Caribbean Beach and have 2 Pirate rooms. We have only one car for all of us. Its really not fair to impose a parking fee on guests staying at their hotels. In fact I think its down right robbery and Disney should be ashamed of themselves for doing it.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
$10 credit to defer house keeping in a regular room, yet at DVC for extra housekeeping beyond the day 4 and day 10 houskeeping you get hit with an extra charge of $30-75.

Thanks Disney for the saving!

• Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested

tiggernpooh

I’m not inclined to give up daily housekeeping for $10 a day. compared to the daily rate we’re paying at wilderness lodge this year the week before Easter - $10 per day is not noticeable.

I am Timmy

Hmm looks like you are right about that. Well they told me I would not have to pay it so I better get that sent to me in writing then. I booked in July of 2018.

We are staying at The Caribbean Beach and have 2 Pirate rooms. We have only one car for all of us. Its really not fair to impose a parking fee on guests staying at their hotels. In fact I think its down right robbery and Disney should be ashamed of themselves for doing it.
If you have 2 rooms and only one car, make sure you check your receipt for correct charges. We were in DW in Dec. at Pop, didn't have a car, but noticed the daily charge on the bill. Had to go to the front desk to have it removed. Three times (had 3 res.).

Flynnwriter

You do realize opting out of housekeeping for some kind of incentive is an industry standard right? As is paying for on-site parking? I don't understand why people are legit losing their crap over this stuff when the hotel industry in general has been doing stuff like this for literally years. People here acknowledge all the time that Disney is nickel and diming people left and right and yet when they try to do something that you've been paying for or getting incentivized for at other hotels for forever they've suddenly crossed the line and gone off the deep end. Where's the logic in that? It's not like they made some kind of written in blood promise to past and future guests alike that they would never change their policies.
Maybe opting out of posting a reply could become an online standard for you.

BigThunderMatt

Maybe opting out of posting a reply could become an online standard for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom