All you need to know about 'Service Your Way' at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

allymonkey

We always go back to our room in the early afternoon for a nap and/ or a swim. During our first 5 night stay at Coronado, they arrived the first couple days while we were trying to nap so we never got a full cleaning on those days anyway. The housekeeper was very nice and took the trash and gave us clean towels but never came in the room. Nobody hangs up my towels or makes my bed for me every day at home, so I don't NEED it done every day on vacation either- especially if they come during the time when we are recharging. For the last few days she came earlier so that she was done before we came back for our break. Our son thought it was so nice that he drew pictures for her on the small notepads they leave in the room- so she left him about 10 more notepads and a note requesting a picture "to give to Mickey." Magic doesn't just happen in the parks.

Animaniac93-98

Used this twice last year.

- Yes, it's all or nothing, you decide at check-in.

- The gift card is emailed to you within a few hours of check-in.

- Gift card is standard Disney Gift Card. Can be used online, at WDW, DLR, Disney Store etc. AFAIK, it does not have an expiration date.

As a solo traveller who usually stays for 4 nights or less, I don't need the room cleaned every day. I use the gift card towards a TS meal, or some other part of my trip.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do you have to select this for every day of your stay or can you skip every other day?

Not easily. You'll have to go to the front desk and go through a fuss. You can't call and say, I want housekeeping today so keep the 10 bucks. You can all call for specific things like more soap.

LeeA

We are staying for three weeks this Christmas. It would be great to have the option to have mousekeeping some days and not others.

I am Timmy

I did this in Dec at Pop, stayed for 2 weeks, got $130 gift card at check in. I asked for a physical GC to give to my son, they went in the back and came out with it. Double checked it to make sure the full amount was on there. So, you do have the option of a physical card if you want one. We picked up all our towels and delivered them to housekeeping every couple of days upon returning for our nap. They always gave us whatever we asked for, then we handed them a tip. Took our own garbage to the bins. Changed our own bedding every 3 days, pillow cases daily - super fast and easy when it's 3 people and all are pitching in. My son used his card on appetizers, lol.

Roakor

Doesn't directly affect me as we are DVC and used to no housekeeping... but I am curious about one thing. Why can't they just issue a credit for $10/day at the end of your stay instead of sending you a gift card at a later date?

Simple, a gift card is more profitable. Some will never use the gift card, many will never use the entire balance. And likely it has an expiration on it., so all that unsed money goes back to Disney. Gift cards are a very profitable business.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
My parents do not take their computer with them on vacation and do not have smart phones. Is there an option for a regular gift card?
Yes you can ask at the front desk for a physical gift card. Not guaranteed however.

Flynnwriter

How about BYOS ( bring your own sheets ) Disney could pass on the $10 savings and you bed yourself?! Really, Disney needs to stop finding ways to squeeze every last penny from the guest. Trust me, is they are passing a $10 savings onto the guest, they are making $25 more.

jaklgreen

When do you receive the gift card? The last morning since it has to be cleaned that night, the day before when they check it for the last time, etc.?

I got my email gift card immediately. The front desk agent sent it during check in. Tip* take a screen shot of your gift card code. That way you do not have to keep going into your email to access it.

jaklgreen

How about BYOS ( bring your own sheets ) Disney could pass on the $10 savings and you bed yourself?! Really, Disney needs to stop finding ways to squeeze every last penny from the guest. Trust me, is they are passing a $10 savings onto the guest, they are making $25 more.

Hey, I bring my own sheets and pillow with me anyway. Can't stand the scratchy hotel sheets. I am more then happy to opt out of housekeeping. It is not hard to take the small bag of trash out with you every few days. Plus, at home, you don't change your towels out every day so why would you at a hotel. They are just drying your clean body.

Flynnwriter

Hey, I bring my own sheets and pillow with me anyway. Can't stand the scratchy hotel sheets. I am
Hey, I bring my own sheets and pillow with me anyway. Can't stand the scratchy hotel sheets. I am more then happy to opt out of housekeeping. It is not hard to take the small bag of trash out with you every few days. Plus, at home, you don't change your towels out every day so why would you at a hotel. They are just drying your clean body.

more then happy to opt out of housekeeping. It is not hard to take the small bag of trash out with you every few days. Plus, at home, you don't change your towels out every day so why would you at a hotel. They are just drying your clean body.
Or, you could just stay home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom