The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Yeah but people are not embarrased to go to Taco Bell or other fast food. Maybe you are right.Yet I can't picture my neighbors acting the way you describe. Probably varies from community to community.
Well, it does take more then one community to make a place like that fail. I was saying that with tongue in cheek, but, the underlying thing is that I really do believe that is why places like that are going out. Places like Taco Bell are fast food and acceptable to all that have or what to make people think that their schedule is so tight that they don't have time for and leisurely have a sit down meal.

It seems like for the most part I am always marching to be beat of a different drummer. Not that I am alone in my thoughts, but, very much in the minority most of the time. The thing that drives me to liking places like Bob Evans is the same gene that tells me that staying onsite at WDW is the same as standing in front of a shredder and feeding $100.00 bills into it. My needs and desires are simple and basic. I have never even attempted to keep up with the Jones's and only went for what was comfortable for me. Others mileage may vary! I just wish I didn't lose the places I enjoy because I am not interested in keeping up.
There's a Bob Evans, Perkins, and Denny's all within a 3 miles radius of my house. Cracker Barrel is cross the street from Bob Evans. We actually never go to the Bob Evans or Denny's. I remember going to Denny's as a kid though with my parents. The last Denny's I went to was up in Vermont near Killington. I was dating dh at the time. We were served by a half toothless woman. I understand that some may not have the funds to take care of their teeth, but that totally turned me off from not wanting to go to Denny's ever again.
Old time Vermonters had notoriously bad teeth and no money to get them fixed. My family moved to Vermont when I was 15. My first dental appointment I had after that the Dentist looked in my mouth said... "You're not from around here are you". I was born just across Lake Champlain almost exactly due west of our Vermont address, but, we had fluoride in our water there so I got some very strong teeth. At a tad past 70 I have only had 4 fillings and two of those, it is believed, was the Air Force Dentist practicing. He did a good job because one of those fillings is currently 50 years old now.

donaldtoo

Our restaurants within 3 miles are Jack in Box, O’Charley’s, Chick-fil-A, Zaxby’s, McD’s, B King, Taco Bell, Subway, Hardee’s, two 3 Mexican restaurants, Lon John Silver’s, Wendy’s, Outback, and 2 Chinese restaurants. Wow we have a lot near us!!

Oh my, I thought we were just talkin' about burger joints...?! ;):)

Not including the 8 burger joints I posted about last night within' less than 2 miles from our house, these are all the other eateries I can think of off the top of my head within' 3 miles of our house (in no particular order)...
Third Base Sports Bar, Applebees's, at least 5 Chinese/Asian places, Reale's Pizza & Cafe (an Italian family-run place by folks who are originally from New York), Chick-fil-A, Fazzoli's, Papa John's, Panda Express, Serrano's, Hardin Corona, La Tapatia, Olive Garden, Buca di Beppo, Chili's, Fudrucker's, Fire Bowl Café, Kerby Lane Café, Taco Cabana, Torchy's Tacos, Sclotzsky's, Jason's Deli, I-HoP, El Arroyo, Domino's, Papa Murphy's, Pizza Hut, Subway, Thundercloud Subs, Delaware Sub Shop, and etc., etc., etc., because I know there are several I'm forgetting/leaving out because we have either never been to them, or heard of them (one of the partners mentioned a place just the other day that is definitely within' 3 miles of our house that I had never heard of before).
That also doesn't include all the places in the Mall food court.
Plus, there are many more places just outside the 3 mile range, including Outback, Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, Chuy's , Catfish Parlor, etc., etc., etc.
Now that I've typed this all out, It really does seem pretty crazy-rediculous to have all those eatery choices so close to home...GOOD GRIEF...!!!!!!! o_O:cyclops:🤦:hilarious::hungry:;):)

Yep, forgot Taco Bell of all places, which is less than 2 miles away in the same shopping center as P. Terry’s Burger Stand and Thundercloud Subs...!!!!! 🤦:cyclops::hilarious:;):)

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
Oh my, I thought we were just talkin' about burger joints...?! ;):)

Not including the 8 burger joints I posted about last night within' less than 2 miles from our house, these are all the other eateries I can think of off the top of my head within' 3 miles of our house (in no particular order)...
Third Base Sports Bar, Applebees's, at least 5 Chinese/Asian places, Reale's Pizza & Cafe (an Italian family-run place by folks who are originally from New York), Chick-fil-A, Fazzoli's, Papa John's, Panda Express, Serrano's, Hardin Corona, La Tapatia, Olive Garden, Buca di Beppo, Chili's, Fudrucker's, Fire Bowl Café, Kerby Lane Café, Taco Cabana, Torchy's Tacos, Sclotzsky's, Jason's Deli, I-HoP, El Arroyo, Domino's, Papa Murphy's, Pizza Hut, Subway, Thundercloud Subs, Delaware Sub Shop, and etc., etc., etc., because I know there are several I'm forgetting/leaving out because we have either never been to them, or heard of them (one of the partners mentioned a place just the other day that is definitely within' 3 miles of our house that I had never heard of before).
That also doesn't include all the places in the Mall food court.
Plus, there are many more places just outside the 3 mile range, including Outback, Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, Chuy's , Catfish Parlor, etc., etc., etc.
Now that I've typed this all out, It really does seem pretty crazy-rediculous to have all those eatery choices so close to home...GOOD GRIEF...!!!!!!! o_O:cyclops:🤦:hilarious::hungry:;):)

Yep, forgot Taco Bell of all places, which is less than 2 miles away in the same shopping center as P. Terry’s and Thundrcloud Subs...!!!!! 🤦:cyclops::hilarious:;):)
Haha you win!!! o_O;):D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you. I was a mess this morning. Dropped him off at my parents’, and then came to work trying to look like I hadn’t been crying.

My vet didn’t open til 10am today.. my mom was getting ready to take him, I was going to meet her.. and then she opened his treat bag-
He went running to her!!! Head up!! Then a few minutes later he went to the door to go outside, down their steps, and back up!!!
Then he played with my mom!

I called the vet and explained the entire morning. They think he should come in, but not an emergency situation. I’m going to wait until Wednesday unless anything changes. Maybe he ate a scrap of something, not sure.

I’m relieved!!!

I hope it was just something passing. But the vet is right--take him in, regardless. Hoping Reilly will be o.k. I love dogs and know how stressful any medical episode can be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom