The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

very easy. The town I grew up in only has 35,000 and has 2 Mickey D's, 2 CVS's ( well, one of each the border of another town), Burger King, Taco Bell, KFC, Wendy's, 4 Dunkin Donuts, (well, at least 4)
I think @Goofyernmost previously touched upon one of the reasons my town can keep so many burger eateries in business. He correctly guessed that we also have a bunch of people from surrounding towns come into our town to dine and spend money.
2 McD's , 2 Wendy's, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Smash Burger, and Red Robin was the list I posted yesterday.
I forgot to mention a Burger and Hotdog place called The Windmill.
....and......don't forget Brick NJ has an I -HOB
Yup....We DO have an International House of Burgers 😏

MySmallWorldof4

Apparently, as cool as it isn't to go to Bob Evans, I always felt that it was a good meal at at good price. I'm using the word WAS because the Bob Evans that we had here in Cary has closed up. That was the last of the good family meal restaurants in the area. We lost Perkins about two years ago and Denny's is at least 10 miles from my house. There are a lot of the specialty places like Red Lobster and Olive Garden, but, those are more expensive and have less variety to offer.

When traveling I always either headed for Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel. We still have CB but that is also around 10 miles up the road. Bob Evans was always a good place to go if I was to lazy to make my own balanced diet. At the time it was only about 3/4 of a mile away. (For those of you that use funny metric names and additional unnecessary letters to words, that's 1.2 kilometers.)
There's a Bob Evans, Perkins, and Denny's all within a 3 miles radius of my house. Cracker Barrel is cross the street from Bob Evans. We actually never go to the Bob Evans or Denny's. I remember going to Denny's as a kid though with my parents. The last Denny's I went to was up in Vermont near Killington. I was dating dh at the time. We were served by a half toothless woman. I understand that some may not have the funds to take care of their teeth, but that totally turned me off from not wanting to go to Denny's ever again.

MySmallWorldof4

Hi all..

Please say a prayer or send good thoughts to Reilly today. He’s been walking/sitting with his head down since last night. Then this morning he wouldn’t walk outside by himself, couldn’t get down the steps, and then looked very disoriented just standing on the grass. I carried him back inside. He wouldn’t eat or drink, still won’t lift his head up, just laying in his daybed.

I have a meeting at 9am that I can’t miss. I’ve called my mom to take him to the vet.. depending on what they say, I’ll leave work right after my meeting. I’m so worried.
Oh no. Poor puppy. Hopefully it is just a passing illness. Maybe something he ate.

93boomer

Premium Member
There's a Bob Evans, Perkins, and Denny's all within a 3 miles radius of my house. Cracker Barrel is cross the street from Bob Evans. We actually never go to the Bob Evans or Denny's. I remember going to Denny's as a kid though with my parents. The last Denny's I went to was up in Vermont near Killington. I was dating dh at the time. We were served by a half toothless woman. I understand that some may not have the funds to take care of their teeth, but that totally turned me off from not wanting to go to Denny's ever again.
I can’t say I blame you!:depressed:

SteveBrickNJ

Our restaurants within 3 miles are Jack in Box, O’Charley’s, Chick-fil-A, Zaxby’s, McD’s, B King, Taco Bell, Subway, Hardee’s, two 3 Mexican restaurants, Lon John Silver’s, Wendy’s, Outback, and 2 Chinese restaurants. Wow we have a lot near us!!
What is "Zaxby's"?
(Edit)I came back to the thread after I went and found my own answer on Zaxby's website.
It's craveable chicken. :hungry:
I put in my zip code to find a Zaxby's near me. Um.....over 3 hours away in Maryland :(

Last edited:

21stamps

Oh no. Poor puppy. Hopefully it is just a passing illness. Maybe something he ate.

Thank you. I was a mess this morning. Dropped him off at my parents’, and then came to work trying to look like I hadn’t been crying.

My vet didn’t open til 10am today.. my mom was getting ready to take him, I was going to meet her.. and then she opened his treat bag-
He went running to her!!! Head up!! Then a few minutes later he went to the door to go outside, down their steps, and back up!!!
Then he played with my mom!

I called the vet and explained the entire morning. They think he should come in, but not an emergency situation. I’m going to wait until Wednesday unless anything changes. Maybe he ate a scrap of something, not sure.

I’m relieved!!!

donaldtoo

I believe it was actually me who mentioned the folks from surrounding towns...! ;) :)

That actually doesn’t sound like oversaturation, to me anyway. That’s 1 burger joint for every 10,000 citizens. Plus, that doesn’t include folks who live just outside the city limits (or even further, depending on how close a burger joint is to them), those visiting, or those passing through town looking for a quick bite to eat on their way to somewhere else.
We have 8 (off the top of my head) burger joints within’ less than 2 miles from our house, and they’ve all been around for years...
1 McD’s, 1 BK, 2 Wendy’s, 1 Whataburger, 1DQ, 1 P. Terry’s, and 1 Moonie’s Burger House.
More than enough appetite to go around, I guess...!!! :)
I think @Goofyernmost previously touched upon one of the reasons my town can keep so many burger eateries in business. He correctly guessed that we also have a bunch of people from surrounding towns come into our town to dine and spend money.
2 McD's , 2 Wendy's, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Smash Burger, and Red Robin was the list I posted yesterday.
I forgot to mention a Burger and Hotdog place called The Windmill.
....and......don't forget Brick NJ has an I -HOB
Yup....We DO have an International House of Burgers 😏

93boomer

Premium Member
Thank you. I was a mess this morning. Dropped him off at my parents’, and then came to work trying to look like I hadn’t been crying.

My vet didn’t open til 10am today.. my mom was getting ready to take him, I was going to meet her.. and then she opened his treat bag-
He went running to her!!! Head up!! Then a few minutes later he went to the door to go outside, down their steps, and back up!!!
Then he played with my mom!

I called the vet and explained the entire morning. They think he should come in, but not an emergency situation. I’m going to wait until Wednesday unless anything changes. Maybe he ate a scrap of something, not sure.

I’m relieved!!!
Ohhh that’s good! Hope the appt goes well Wednesday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom