The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I just saw an online article that stated more viewers watched the CBS premiere game of this new football league than people who watched ABC's national broadcast of an NBA game.

I don't watch football. But I did happen to notice there is a thread about this in the Sports section of Chit Chat--maybe there are some interesting discussions you might enjoy with other member fans.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sympathies are with your. Although I'd rather have the below freezing temps over snow. More snow on Monday until Tuesday. Today's snow was only supposed to be about 2 inches, a nuisance snow they called it, well we had about 5-6 inches. And Monday night to Tuesday's is supposed to be 6-8 inches. :(
Stay safe my friend! BTW how's the ammo and beer holding out?

Figgy1

Premium Member
To me, the whole thing was just plain rude. They came up, demanded to know if I was using the other two chairs, spoke Spanish, when I'm clearly not a native speaker, really fast (if I hadn't taken Spanish for as long as I have, no way would I have caught it) and then when I tried to explain that my family was on the ride and I was waiting for them, I got interrupted. I'm usually more than happy to speak Spanish for someone, but for goodness sakes, ask first. Politely.
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! That stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've run into people from Brazil and they've always been rather polite.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Love the style of that dress. Pretty!

Give the Boys to Grandma for a few days.

"Step out in style" for our "DAPPER DAY Spring Outing to the Walt Disney World Resort" in Florida April 27-28!

• Fri April 26, "Dapper Day Eve" Outing - Details TBA (but expect a visit to Disney Springs!)
  • Sat April 27, Spring Outing to the Magic Kingdom
  • Sun April 28, Spring Outing to Epcot
Thank you I have the pattern and ordered some fabric to make one for this summer. I wish dh is going to burn 2 more vacation days this week:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I woke up to a couple of inches outside. Our street hasn’t been plowed yet. Don’t know if dh will be able to make it to work. The snow line seems to be right over where we live. About 30 miles north there is nothing. I don’t think you may get snow @figmentfan423 . The band seems to just be heading east and not much further north than south central Jersey. Maybe you will be spared. For us 2 days of snow and ice. :(:arghh:
Just a dusting last night but we're going to get 8+ inches tonight followed but ice. Tonight's dinner Groundhog chowder

MySmallWorldof4

Thank you I have the pattern and ordered some fabric to make one for this summer. I wish dh is going to burn 2 more vacation days this week:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Just a dusting last night but we're going to get 8+ inches tonight followed but ice. Tonight's dinner Groundhog chowder
Double sympathy like. Dh made it into work ok. The snowplows are just starting to show up in my development.

Goofyernmost

To me, the whole thing was just plain rude. They came up, demanded to know if I was using the other two chairs, spoke Spanish, when I'm clearly not a native speaker, really fast (if I hadn't taken Spanish for as long as I have, no way would I have caught it) and then when I tried to explain that my family was on the ride and I was waiting for them, I got interrupted. I'm usually more than happy to speak Spanish for someone, but for goodness sakes, ask first. Politely.
Just to be the devils advocate here. Is it possible that they might not have been very confident in their English and just automatically spoke in their first language. I mean "mericans" go all over the world and just speak louder English and then get upset if they aren't instantly understood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom