The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Cool. I remember Craig T. Nelson from the show Coach. I am 4 degrees from Kevin Bacon. ;)

Awesome, ain’t it...?!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:;):)

Yep, Craig T. Nelson has been in a lot of stuff over the years...
The dad in the first 2 Poltergeist movies, Coach Nickerson in “All the Right Moves” with Tom Cruise, the TV show Coach, the voice of Mr. Incredible in the 2 Incredibles movies, etc., etc., etc....!!! :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It's not going above freezing for the next couple of days, tonight's dinner groundhog chili and cornbread

Sympathies are with your. Although I'd rather have the below freezing temps over snow. More snow on Monday until Tuesday. Today's snow was only supposed to be about 2 inches, a nuisance snow they called it, well we had about 5-6 inches. And Monday night to Tuesday's is supposed to be 6-8 inches. :(

StarWarsGirl

That's happened tome but in Portuguese at a few cs places
To me, the whole thing was just plain rude. They came up, demanded to know if I was using the other two chairs, spoke Spanish, when I'm clearly not a native speaker, really fast (if I hadn't taken Spanish for as long as I have, no way would I have caught it) and then when I tried to explain that my family was on the ride and I was waiting for them, I got interrupted. I'm usually more than happy to speak Spanish for someone, but for goodness sakes, ask first. Politely.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I did end up at the MK once on a dapper day. I had no clue it was going on until I started seeing people dressed up. It was cool to see but when I wanted to ride the carousel and they had a planned meet up ride planned that wasn’t cool. They were lined up past the entrance to Be Our Guest.

Nothing I'm sure in comparison to Cheer this past weekend. Any social media outlet has been wanting to strangle this particular cheer group-all feeding off each team.

There were cheer competitions last week when we were there and a few in our hotel however we only ran into one that was a pain in the MK. Blessed.

On the flip side we had enough issues with teen groups from all over South America. The behavior was entitled and it did throw the queues off when a 100+ guest got the queue at one time. We had a couple times when they were pushing through the line like six at a time to 'catch up' with their group. In the Pirates there had to be a 50 or more 'catching up' pushing past everyone else. A parent and a kid needing to use the restroom we all get...this others were getting ugly.

I need to ride the carousel, it has been a year or two and all the construction is finally down.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thank you and don't think I haven't thought about it;) Something like View attachment 349183except the skit would be polka dots with this hatView attachment 349184now I'd need the hat pattern. Oh wait I need something just a bit fancier, I'd wear that to Disney on a regular day

Love the style of that dress. Pretty!

Give the Boys to Grandma for a few days.

"Step out in style" for our "DAPPER DAY Spring Outing to the Walt Disney World Resort" in Florida April 27-28!

• Fri April 26, "Dapper Day Eve" Outing - Details TBA (but expect a visit to Disney Springs!)
  • Sat April 27, Spring Outing to the Magic Kingdom
  • Sun April 28, Spring Outing to Epcot

Cesar R M

Trip Report Part 5:

Casa Vizcaya continuation.

Also interestingly, it seems the house had issues with cooling, as there were some smaller room units and de-humidifiers in a lot of rooms in the upper floor. Probably to protect the antiquities at all cost.

I have to say that my mother and sister were in love with the gigantic rugs and paintings.
They also repaired many things like I said before, like this good old ship. Which used to be in the closed down main office.

The gardens were still perfect. So many things were corrected and fixed and everything was very tiddy.
But again, since there were some events going on, including a big quinceañera event. There were a lot of people going on, not only visitors.. but also staff carrying equipment left and right, and a huge catering group in one of the gardens near the restrooms.

(note the tent on the right side)

The joys of using computer techniques.. is take a few photos as people walk by and then superimpose and delete people :p
unfortunately, some people were static and didn't made much difference. Still adequate photos for a report ;)

After visiting around.. we were thinking it was time to eat...
After going around the house (to the opposite side of these photos). We found that they were remodelling the entire area and the "restaurant" was reduced to a small tent that offered some subs and a tiny store..

We were disappointed. We could have stayed more on the house but my sister was starving.

So we decided to get ready to leave and wait for the Bus. And go to next area, to the Little Havana section of the tour and maybe buy some stuff.

(Continued on Part 6)

Cesar R M

Trip Report Part 6:

Casa Vizcaya continuation and Little Havana.

I love these arches!

Anyway. After waiting 20 minutes for the tour bus (was good to relax while we waited). We boarded the bus and went to continue the tour.
Which hilariously was 70% spanish 30% english in the spoken part.

I was also surprised that we took a different route, which we managed to see some beautiful houses, including some made completely of coral rock AND with a ton of peacocks just strolling by.

We also instead of just passing by Little Havana, we completely stopp de (we were literally kicked out of the bus lol) so we could get to the classic tourist trap vendor. In this case.. was a Cuban Cigar store (which i was obviously more expensive than the ones right next to them).
What called our attention was the food. Which was decently priced and seemed very well served. (one of our mistakes was not eating here).

We got down and enjoyed a bit of stroll and buy some mementos and gifts.

Then there was this bar infront of us which had live music.. with a ton of people concentrating.
Turns out they had very catchy live music, but also had some really energetic old men dancing like their life depended on them..
It was amazing.. even pulled a move one of the younger dancers and danced with her like a pro!

And I was really wondering if he was the owner or an old pro dancer they hired there.. but nope, he just left after a few minutes. Just random people just like to get there and dance (including young couples).

After that we went to the Bayside Marketplace to watch around and eat something.

Now, there is a classic example of "location location". The more centred the restaurants were, the more expensive they were.
the cheapest restaurants that were.. somewhat decent.. (aka fast food levels) were in the second floor of the marketplace section.
The restaurants literally shove food at you so you can taste and select which thing you want.

I ended getting some gigantic BBQ ribs (that took a lot to prepare). My mom got some Asian food chicken. And my niece decided for some Arab/Middle east style food.

It was weird seeing the sun go down so fast.
As by the time we finished eating.. the place was dark already.

The Area as always good atmosphere as there were live bands going around while we strolled by.

After doing that, we got an uber towards the local Macy's.
armed with a few discount tickets we went on our quest to buy some socks for me (which I did) and some other stuff.
Gifted my nephew (his birthday is literally 2 days AFTER mine) with a new belt since his was falling apart. and he bought a new wallet. Which also was completely white (aka no leather left). My mom in the other hand bought what she needed and a few extra things and then we went on our way back to the hotel at Ocean Spray.
The trip was uneventful, just were surprised again that everyone spoke spanish. There were a lot of Venezolans this time!

We purchased also some extra water bottles (discount for visitors too lol) and we went our way to sleep.

As tomorrow as the day to board the ALLURE OF THE SEAS..

Will be continued when I return from Monterrey by the 15th.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Sympathies are with your. Although I'd rather have the below freezing temps over snow. More snow on Monday until Tuesday. Today's snow was only supposed to be about 2 inches, a nuisance snow they called it, well we had about 5-6 inches. And Monday night to Tuesday's is supposed to be 6-8 inches. :(
I woke up to a couple of inches outside. Our street hasn’t been plowed yet. Don’t know if dh will be able to make it to work. The snow line seems to be right over where we live. About 30 miles north there is nothing. I don’t think you may get snow @figmentfan423 . The band seems to just be heading east and not much further north than south central Jersey. Maybe you will be spared. For us 2 days of snow and ice. :(:arghh:

MySmallWorldof4

Trip Report Part 6:

Casa Vizcaya continuation and Little Havana.
View attachment 349373

I love these arches!

Anyway. After waiting 20 minutes for the tour bus (was good to relax while we waited). We boarded the bus and went to continue the tour.
Which hilariously was 70% spanish 30% english in the spoken part.

I was also surprised that we took a different route, which we managed to see some beautiful houses, including some made completely of coral rock AND with a ton of peacocks just strolling by.

View attachment 349374
We also instead of just passing by Little Havana, we completely stopp de (we were literally kicked out of the bus lol) so we could get to the classic tourist trap vendor. In this case.. was a Cuban Cigar store (which i was obviously more expensive than the ones right next to them).
What called our attention was the food. Which was decently priced and seemed very well served. (one of our mistakes was not eating here).

We got down and enjoyed a bit of stroll and buy some mementos and gifts.

Then there was this bar infront of us which had live music.. with a ton of people concentrating.
Turns out they had very catchy live music, but also had some really energetic old men dancing like their life depended on them..
It was amazing.. even pulled a move one of the younger dancers and danced with her like a pro!

And I was really wondering if he was the owner or an old pro dancer they hired there.. but nope, he just left after a few minutes. Just random people just like to get there and dance (including young couples).

View attachment 349375

View attachment 349376

After that we went to the Bayside Marketplace to watch around and eat something.

Now, there is a classic example of "location location". The more centred the restaurants were, the more expensive they were.
the cheapest restaurants that were.. somewhat decent.. (aka fast food levels) were in the second floor of the marketplace section.
The restaurants literally shove food at you so you can taste and select which thing you want.

I ended getting some gigantic BBQ ribs (that took a lot to prepare). My mom got some Asian food chicken. And my niece decided for some Arab/Middle east style food.

It was weird seeing the sun go down so fast.
As by the time we finished eating.. the place was dark already.

The Area as always good atmosphere as there were live bands going around while we strolled by.

After doing that, we got an uber towards the local Macy's.
armed with a few discount tickets we went on our quest to buy some socks for me (which I did) and some other stuff.
Gifted my nephew (his birthday is literally 2 days AFTER mine) with a new belt since his was falling apart. and he bought a new wallet. Which also was completely white (aka no leather left). My mom in the other hand bought what she needed and a few extra things and then we went on our way back to the hotel at Ocean Spray.
The trip was uneventful, just were surprised again that everyone spoke spanish. There were a lot of Venezolans this time!

We purchased also some extra water bottles (discount for visitors too lol) and we went our way to sleep.

As tomorrow as the day to board the ALLURE OF THE SEAS..

Will be continued when I return from Monterrey by the 15th.

Such beautiful pictures. Funny how you went to Little Havana and got barbecue and Chinese food. I was expecting you to get Cuban food. :hilarious:;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom