• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

figmentfan423

Sympathies are with your. Although I'd rather have the below freezing temps over snow. More snow on Monday until Tuesday. Today's snow was only supposed to be about 2 inches, a nuisance snow they called it, well we had about 5-6 inches. And Monday night to Tuesday's is supposed to be 6-8 inches. :(
Stay safe my friend! BTW how's the ammo and beer holding out?

figmentfan423

To me, the whole thing was just plain rude. They came up, demanded to know if I was using the other two chairs, spoke Spanish, when I'm clearly not a native speaker, really fast (if I hadn't taken Spanish for as long as I have, no way would I have caught it) and then when I tried to explain that my family was on the ride and I was waiting for them, I got interrupted. I'm usually more than happy to speak Spanish for someone, but for goodness sakes, ask first. Politely.
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! That stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've run into people from Brazil and they've always been rather polite.

figmentfan423

Love the style of that dress. Pretty!

Give the Boys to Grandma for a few days.

"Step out in style" for our "DAPPER DAY Spring Outing to the Walt Disney World Resort" in Florida April 27-28!

• Fri April 26, "Dapper Day Eve" Outing - Details TBA (but expect a visit to Disney Springs!)
  • Sat April 27, Spring Outing to the Magic Kingdom
  • Sun April 28, Spring Outing to Epcot
Thank you I have the pattern and ordered some fabric to make one for this summer. I wish dh is going to burn 2 more vacation days this week:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

figmentfan423

I woke up to a couple of inches outside. Our street hasn’t been plowed yet. Don’t know if dh will be able to make it to work. The snow line seems to be right over where we live. About 30 miles north there is nothing. I don’t think you may get snow @figmentfan423 . The band seems to just be heading east and not much further north than south central Jersey. Maybe you will be spared. For us 2 days of snow and ice. :(:arghh:
Just a dusting last night but we're going to get 8+ inches tonight followed but ice. Tonight's dinner Groundhog chowder

MySmallWorldof4

Thank you I have the pattern and ordered some fabric to make one for this summer. I wish dh is going to burn 2 more vacation days this week:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Just a dusting last night but we're going to get 8+ inches tonight followed but ice. Tonight's dinner Groundhog chowder
Double sympathy like. Dh made it into work ok. The snowplows are just starting to show up in my development.

Goofyernmost

To me, the whole thing was just plain rude. They came up, demanded to know if I was using the other two chairs, spoke Spanish, when I'm clearly not a native speaker, really fast (if I hadn't taken Spanish for as long as I have, no way would I have caught it) and then when I tried to explain that my family was on the ride and I was waiting for them, I got interrupted. I'm usually more than happy to speak Spanish for someone, but for goodness sakes, ask first. Politely.
Just to be the devils advocate here. Is it possible that they might not have been very confident in their English and just automatically spoke in their first language. I mean "mericans" go all over the world and just speak louder English and then get upset if they aren't instantly understood.

Songbird76

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! That stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've run into people from Brazil and they've always been rather polite.
Huh...the ones we saw from Brazil didn't seem to understand queueing. Or waiting for an open table. When we went to WWoHP in 2010, my friend went to go save a table while I went to buy postcards and my husband was picking up butterbeers, and my friend is sitting at this table, saving it for us, when a group of Brazillians came up and just invaded the table. They didn't ask if the seats were free, or if she minded sharing the table with them, they just walked up and parked it at her table. She ended up waiting until another table opened up and went and sat there. But she had also worked as a CM at Disney for a few months, and she said that people from Brazil were notorious for line cutting, being rude, etc. They always traveled in larger groups and they would expect to get to go first on everything, so they'd just bypass a line and be like "We're with a tour." and just think that meant they got to cut in line, and wouldn't listen when CMs said they needed to get in line.

Songbird76

I forgot to post some pictures of fun Disney merch I saw this weekend. We didn't buy it, but it was cute. There was a Lady and the Tramp bathrobe, modeled by DD:

And then the same thing, but in Winnie the Pooh, which I thought @Tuvalu would love. You can't really see it, but the pockets are honey pots:

Next to that is a Marie poncho like the Stitch ones DD and I got for Christmas, that I still have the extra of and I'm planning to donate. They also have Minnie Mouse in the Poncho. So much cute stuff!! And I don't have a picture, but I got a fold up reusable shopping bag with Mickey Mouse all over it....I'll have to take a picture of it later.

figmentfan423

Huh...the ones we saw from Brazil didn't seem to understand queueing. Or waiting for an open table. When we went to WWoHP in 2010, my friend went to go save a table while I went to buy postcards and my husband was picking up butterbeers, and my friend is sitting at this table, saving it for us, when a group of Brazillians came up and just invaded the table. They didn't ask if the seats were free, or if she minded sharing the table with them, they just walked up and parked it at her table. She ended up waiting until another table opened up and went and sat there. But she had also worked as a CM at Disney for a few months, and she said that people from Brazil were notorious for line cutting, being rude, etc. They always traveled in larger groups and they would expect to get to go first on everything, so they'd just bypass a line and be like "We're with a tour." and just think that meant they got to cut in line, and wouldn't listen when CMs said they needed to get in line.
I've usually just run into families and not the tour groups

Songbird76

So, this Friday, we have DS's final meeting where we get his advice for high school, and go through his report with his teacher, etc. They do a whole bunch of tests at his school for the 6th graders. They do an IQ test if one hasn't been done in the last 2 years, which DS had, so he didn't have to do another, and they do several other evaluations. We had to fill out a questionnaire, as did his teacher, and then DS had to fill out a couple about how he sees himself, etc. So we got all the results yesterday, as well as the results of the standard test they do twice a year to follow the progress of students all across the Netherlands. The scores go from I -V with I being the highest and V the lowest, and they show the graphics like this: (I cut his name out)

So his score is the black dot all the way in the upper right corner. The other black dot in the middle of the green shows where he was at this time last year. And the green field is a I score, and that faint white line there shows the range of a I score....So anything above that white line means you scored higher than a majority of the other kids who scored a I. They call that a I+. And the numbers on the side, it tells you the average number of correct answers kids had in each range. So the average for a I score was 48 correct....DS got 77!! I'm so so proud of him! And his Math score was RIGHT on the edge of the white line, so he just barely missed a I+ for math, but he got it for spelling and verb spelling.

A score of I in Math and reading comprehension (that's what this picture is...reading) means VWO level (the highest level of school, what DD does....a I+ just means you're in the upper end of that range) and a score of II in those two subjects is HAVO, III is VMBO-gt/MAVO, etc.... Unfortunately, special ed schools don't offer VWO level, so he'll get HAVO advice, but he can go on once he completes his 5 year HAVO program. It will just take a bit longer. But I'm so proud of how much he's learning, even though he has all the social stuff to learn, too.

But I just thought of this last night, too...DD's program is 6 years...so she has 5 years left after this school year. DS's program will be 5 years. I'm going to have 2 kids graduating high school in the same year!!:oops:

Sorry....had to be proud mama for a minute. You may now resume your regularly scheduled chit-chatting.

Top Bottom