News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What’s Municiberg? I thought it was Metroville?

I1 begins in Municiberg but then the family is relocated to Metroville and the rest of I1 is Metroville.

I2 begins in Metroville, but then the family moves to some undetermined location given them by the Deavers and the action takes place in Municiberg. It's Municiberg at the end which is saved.

Last edited:

MistaDee

Any speculation as to what we might see added to Pixar Pier in the medium-term future? It seems Spidey and the Avengers E-ticket are the next two phases opening in 2020/2022. If rumors are true and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway does indeed come to Disneyland in the future (perhaps 2021?) then it certainly seems as though the current imbalance between Disneyland and DCA will only worsen. Disneyland will potentially be opening 3 new E tickets in the next 2-3 years while DCA will have added a C+/D and an E ticket over the same period.

The Eastern Gateway project may allow more ambitious expansions to Hollywoodland but it seems clear that TDA will need to continue to incentivize guests to opt for DCA over Disneyland with or without this option. In the face of the popularity surge we see from Galaxy's Edge, I suspect Marvel land alone - especially before the E-ticket opens - will not be enough to move the needle. For that reason I feel like DCA will need to add something to Pixar Pier in 2021 or even afterwards to continue to build capacity and draw crowds across the esplanade.

Pixar Pier seems like it will remain in its current form for the foreseeable future, so my question is this, in 2021 or beyond how do you imagine TDA will add to Pixar Pier? Opportunities for redevelopment seem to exist on the Paradise Gardens/Goofy Sky School plot, in the empty CA Screamin' helix and potentially behind Midway Mania for another dark ride of some kind.

I'd love to see a trackless ride in the style of Mystic Manor, if it has to be Pixar I wouldn't mind a CoCo theme (can you imagine what they could do with the projection mapping) or even Up (maybe a SEA crossover with some of the old explorers?)

dlr74

I wouldn’t mind a large, trackless E-ticket at the expense of Little Mermaid, to be honest. Knock out the Challenge Trail behind it and you’ve got more than enough space for a sizable show building

MistaDee

While I agree that Little Mermaid doesn't deserve to be labeled untouchable, I think it's highly unlikely that they'll replace it until the park is fully built out on all its expansion pads. I'd love to see Grizzly Peak get a nice dark ride of some kind but the proximity to Grand Californian probably precludes a showbuilding of any size being constructed to close to their most luxurious resort.

Rich T

I wouldn’t mind a large, trackless E-ticket at the expense of Little Mermaid, to be honest. Knock out the Challenge Trail behind it and you’ve got more than enough space for a sizable show building
Trackless show buildings (particularly Mystic Manor) can be very space efficient; I'd bet one could fit into the Challenge Trail area without knocking down LM. If anything, Disney could always use the space taken up by Grand Californian's lousy pool area. Swimming at GC can be an over-crowed, gross nightmare anyway. :D

SuddenStorm

I miss ToT, MV3D, California Screamin', Aladdin, ITTBAB, Paradise Pier, SoC. Where did we go wrong?

Amazing how quickly things changed after the 60th. One step forward, 50 steps back.

Think about all the money Disney spent on the pier, new soarin', Frozen, and Mission: OVERLAY!- and how those funds could have gone toward a proper E ticket experience.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Amazing how quickly things changed after the 60th. One step forward, 50 steps back.

Think about all the money Disney spent on the pier, new soarin', Frozen, and Mission: OVERLAY!- and how those funds could have gone toward a proper E ticket experience.

It pains me to think about it like that. And I thought DCA was headed in a bright, beautiful direction after Buena Vista Street. Boy was I wrong.

Agree mostly. Don’t really miss Muppets but it was better than a movie preview center. And Aladdin I only saw a half show once alll the way up in the balcony and I was turned off because it appeared they were lip syncing.

I liked Muppets and never understood why they took it out for nothing / movie previews. I mean I would've been open to a change but they gutted it like it didn't deserve.

I'm not really a fan of shows but I genuinely enjoyed Aladdin and didn't protest when my family wanted to watch it again. Genie was always brilliant. Frozen literally put me to sleep the first time I saw it.

mickEblu

It pains me to think about it like that. And I thought DCA was headed in a bright, beautiful direction after Buena Vista Street. Boy was I wrong.

I liked Muppets and never understood why they took it out for nothing / movie previews. I mean I would've been open to a change but they gutted it like it didn't deserve.

I'm not really a fan of shows but I genuinely enjoyed Aladdin and didn't protest when my family wanted to watch it again. Genie was always brilliant. Frozen literally put me to sleep the first time I saw it.

The Great Muppet Ride would have been cool. I liked Frozen. The girl playing Elsa the first time had pipes. The second time not so much and I was bored.

BrianLo

Frozen was a reasonable change (setting aside people's preferences of the two source materials). It gives Frozen a proper DLR presence without being poorly thought out like Frozen Ever After. It is a competent show. I understand subjectively people are sick of the movie and I think that clouds the topic every time we talk about positive or negative changes. Shows do not need to drag on for decades - and Aladdin is my favourite Disney film. Aladdin was not superior because the Genie was cracking Lady Gaga and Kardashian jokes...

Soaring is a bad change because of the video content, but it cost literally peanuts for the video itself. Disney had already paid for it. The actual overhaul to the Grizzly Airfields area was a positive change. I keep saying Soaring Over California will come back... as soon as they need to pump up attendance at DCA they'll swap out the films.

As per Muppets, It's Tough to be a Bug and Tower... personally there are better installations of all the above. I know most people don't agree with that line of thought, but that's where I come from. The backlot is just a waste of space now, which is a pity.

Pixar Pier is a hot mess and now has coloured slurry to match.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom