• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Kman101

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but despite the negative opinions of the hardcore DLR fans here, Chepek's division is on a roll. From a recent NYT article:

"For the 2018 fiscal year, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts had an operating profit of $4.5 billion, an increase of more than 100 percent from five years earlier. For comparison, Disney Media Networks, home to ESPN and ABC, had a profit of $6.6 billion, a 3 percent decline. "

In general the public loves what Disney is doing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/11/16/business/media/disney-invests-billions-in-theme-parks.html
Very late to this, sorry. But wanted to say it's sad but true. And it seems Pixar Pier is more popular to the general public. But it's also new. Let's see where it is 5-10 years from now, if it lasts that long.

Kman101

Not surprising, but it still sucks. Luxo Junior was literally the only thing I liked about Pixar Pier. Won't be surprised if it's completely static within a month.
Did they borrow the one that had briefly been in DHS? lol

Static already?

It's so bizarre how this entire overlay is being done in pieces. Let's wait a few months and unveil Bing Bong. Let's have Luxo under cover for a week or two. Let's not put a real working sign on Lamplight Lounge for the first few months ... let's wait a year and take our time re-doing the Carousel and re-theming Flik's .... sigh

Anaheim seems to be falling more and more under the WDW way of doing things.

Last edited:

iHeartDisneylandCats

Proud Member Since 2016
Original Poster
Did they borrow the one that had briefly been in DHS? lol

Static already?

It's so bizarre how this entire overlay is being done in pieces. Let's wait a few months and unveil Bing Bong. Let's have Luxo under cover for a week or two. Let's not put a real working sign on Lamplight Lounge for the first few months ... let's wait a year and take our time re-doing the Carousel and re-theming Flik's .... sigh

Anaheim seems to be falling more and more under the WDW way of doing things.
It's sad that things are already broken and the land isn't even complete yet. If they really wanted Pixar Pier to go over well, they would have had everything ready for a grand reopening all on the same day, and they would have taken care of it. The fact that they don't even care about effects working and having the whole thing done together just makes this whole thing even more embarrassing.

iHeartDisneylandCats

Proud Member Since 2016
Original Poster
Pixar Pier should just be tossed in the lagoon/mud pit at this point. Embarrassing would be an understatement.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Pier idea is abandoned at some point. Down the road I could see them utilizing that space better, by getting rid of the coaster and Fun Wheel altogether, along with the off the shelf rides. DLR has very limited space, so I could see them attempting to completely rework that area, including draining the water.

TROR

I’m surprised people honestly defend Pixar Pier. Even though Mission Breakout lacks any artistic integrity and is very much a downgrade from Tower of Terror, I understand why people like it. With Pixar Pier, it seems the only reason people defend it is because they hate the “Walt right” as they call them and must defend everything Disney to counterbalance their cynical hate. It’s bizarre. I mean, really, look at Pixar Pier. It has a couple of arguable upgrades but even those are half heartedly done. The Incredicoaster is no upgrade. The Games of the Boardwalk have been changed for the worst. Pixar Fun Wheel isn’t an improvement over Mickey. Other changes didn't even open on top. I could go on here, but what is there to even defend? It’s such a bad job by Disney and reeks of the same mentality that brought forth DCA in the first place.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
I’m surprised people honestly defend Pixar Pier. Even though Mission Breakout lacks any artistic integrity and is very much a downgrade from Tower of Terror, I understand why people like it. With Pixar Pier, it seems the only reason people defend it is because they hate the “Walt right” as they call them and must defend everything Disney to counterbalance their cynical hate. It’s bizarre. I mean, really, look at Pixar Pier. It has a couple of arguable upgrades but even those are half heartedly done. The Incredicoaster is no upgrade. The Games of the Boardwalk have been changed for the worst. Pixar Fun Wheel isn’t an improvement over Mickey. Other changes didn't even open on top. I could go on here, but what is there to even defend? It’s such a bad job by Disney and reeks of the same mentality that brought forth DCA in the first place.
Has anyone here been defending it?

TROR

raven24

My boss referred to Pixar Pier as “fantastic.”

SMH.

iHeartDisneylandCats

Proud Member Since 2016
Original Poster
The people in those tweets are so ignorant. They have no idea what made Disney theme parks great to begin with.

raven24

That corporate shill account is amazing. For a long time I thought it was a parody account but seeing the breadth and depth of the guy's posts and how long it's gone on I'm convinced it isn't now. Just kind of amazing how someone can be that much of a sap.
What’s even more pathetic is they lurk and stalk our conversations and will reply not here, but on their Twitter account.

That’s another level of W-T-F.

Top Bottom