News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedAccount55555

Wait what? What did I say that was contradicted by the police report?

You said yourself that BDD told you the police report would explicitly mention Buzzy being stolen....but it didn't:

Dec. 21: "Okay, I've got an update on BackDoor and a major new story to break. Buzzy was stolen from Wonders. OCPD was convinced he took him, so they got a search warrant and didn't find him."

Nothing in the records released says BDD was being investigated for stealing all of Buzzy. Then you claimed you had proof the theft of the whole AA happened: removed for inappropriate language

So if BDD wasn't truthful with you, why not just admit what were you told was wrong instead of continuing to claim you've got inside info? Makes it seem like you promoted this theory irresponsibly to gain more followers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DreamfinderGuy

You said yourself that BDD told you the police report would explicitly mention Buzzy being stolen....but it didn't
Hm, that's odd. If you has stopped to read that tweet, I had said search warrant, not police report.

Nothing in the records released says BDD was being investigated for stealing all of Buzzy. Then you claimed you had proof the theft of the whole AA happened:

The proof came from putting each little thing together, from what he said, to finding his matching arrest record, and finally to the pics of him being gone. Not to mention that Martin has more than hinted that he was stolen since then. Once BDD comes back (because apparently that's still happening), hopefully things will be cleared up more. This is still an active investigation.

BoarderPhreak

I'm thinking someone dusting off the artifacts in that museum of an ex-ride maybe rolled ol' Buzzy next door and didn't tell anyone.

Make room, people. Make room. Nothing to see here. Fake news. 🤷‍♂️

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Speaking of police documents, for what it's worth, I stumbled upon the Orange County Sheriff's Office's database search for property crimes, which was interesting to me what appeared not to be reflected there.

From the police reports for BDD/Patrick Spikes available through the OCSO's website and what we know about the Buzzy theft from news reports and insider info here, the clothes and hands went missing in August 2018 (Grand Theft Case #18-406839). The database I mentioned only shows crimes from the previous 90 days, so the theft in August would not be expected to be on there. However, (unless I missed an updated report somewhere in the great urban exploration debate), the animatronic itself was not reported missing until November, which would be in the 90 day window.

It appears that Epcot is in "Zone 60" which is also the zone that handled the questioning of BDD in relation to the Buzzy clothing theft (according to the resisting arrest report that's been previously posted and is available on the Sheriff's site). There are no reports of commercial theft in November 2018 posted on the site. https://www.ocso.com/Crime-Information/zone/60 (screenshot below). It just has reports of a couple of auto break ins that correspond to the Disney Springs area for that time frame. (Also, if interested, it appears that the Magic Kingdom is in "Zone 61," https://www.ocso.com/Crime-Information/zone/61).

The database is just a listing of initial complaints along with the date and general area, so there would not seem to be a compelling reason for a theft report in November to be missing. Plus, if they filed a report for grand theft over just the jacket, hat, and hands in August, you would think that they would file a report if the whole animatronic was stolen in November.

Now, there could be a good reason there is not a report from November and that the animatronic itself was stolen, but I just thought this was a curious thing to be absent from their database if there was in fact a theft report in that timeframe.

download.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 3.51.01 PM.png

halltd

Speaking of police documents, for what it's worth, I stumbled upon the Orange County Sheriff's Office's database search for property crimes, which was interesting to me what appeared not to be reflected there.

From the police reports for BDD/Patrick Spikes available through the OCSO's website and what we know about the Buzzy theft from news reports and insider info here, the clothes and hands went missing in August 2018 (Grand Theft Case #18-406839). The database I mentioned only shows crimes from the previous 90 days, so the theft in August would not be expected to be on there. However, (unless I missed an updated report somewhere in the great urban exploration debate), the animatronic itself was not reported missing until November, which would be in the 90 day window.

It appears that Epcot is in "Zone 60" which is also the zone that handled the questioning of BDD in relation to the Buzzy clothing theft (according to the resisting arrest report that's been previously posted and is available on the Sheriff's site). There are no reports of commercial theft in November 2018 posted on the site. https://www.ocso.com/Crime-Information/zone/60 (screenshot below). It just has reports of a couple of auto break ins that correspond to the Disney Springs area for that time frame. (Also, if interested, it appears that the Magic Kingdom is in "Zone 61," https://www.ocso.com/Crime-Information/zone/61).

The database is just a listing of initial complaints along with the date and general area, so there would not seem to be a compelling reason for a theft report in November to be missing. Plus, if they filed a report for grand theft over just the jacket, hat, and hands in August, you would think that they would file a report if the whole animatronic was stolen in November.

Now, there could be a good reason there is not a report from November and that the animatronic itself was stolen, but I just thought this was a curious thing to be absent from their database if there was in fact a theft report in that timeframe.

View attachment 340370
View attachment 340371
Maybe because it wasn't stolen? Ha ha. I'm still pretty confident you can't just take an animatronic without heavy machinery....access backstage with a truck or not. Just doesn't add up.

Sonconato

It said in the police report that he sold the merchandise for $8,000. Linkedin shows that he is a student a Full Sail University studying music. Was he working for Disney? Forgive me if this was already discussed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

View attachment 340370
View attachment 340371

This would support the idea what someone within the company removed it without authorization so Disney is handling it internally.

DeletedAccount55555

View attachment 340370
View attachment 340371

How dare you bring evidence into this conversation?!?

In seriousness, thank you for posting this and explaining it. It's another one in the column supporting the idea the AA wasn't stolen.

The side still asserting it WAS stolen seems to be relying on anonymous sources, misreading Martin's remarks (as multiple people pointed out, "unauthorized removal" does not necessarily mean "stolen), and perhaps just doubling down on their initial claims to save face.

It'd be really nice if Disney could just put this one to bed and say what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom