News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Runner

Well I just hope that whoever has Buzzy, they preserve him and keep him intact. Maybe he's better off wherever he is.

My understanding was that they did not take all of Buzzy. I believe the report said mainly his clothes and hands were missing.
I may be wrong, if there was a revision, but I had read this as the original description of the theft.

PREMiERdrum

My understanding was that they did not take all of Buzzy. I believe the report said mainly his clothes and hands were missing.
I may be wrong, if there was a revision, but I had read this as the original description of the theft.

It's documented that clothing was stolen from Buzzy in October, but in the time since apparently the entire figure was removed. There is photographic evidence that Buzzy's platform had been cut off of the support boom, with many insiders insinuating that the removal was not done by Disney.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled UrbEx / Trespassing debate.

ppete1975

If something is truly abandoned, then it isn’t trespassing.
not true. The land and property is owned by someone and is trespassing. If you inherited 5 acres, with old abandoned barns and sheds that are falling down.. there is cool stuff in there.
How would you feel if people trespassed, stole stuff, and broke things to look around?

This is something that happened to me, I could only get so much out at a time as far as it was away and how much stuff was there.
There is no way I could secure it all, the second that I had ownership.
Just because its abandoned its still trespassing.

Last edited by a moderator:

ppete1975

Man I love Test Track, but I really miss Horizons. It didn't say where he scattered the guys ashes. Where was that?
I'm assuming he didn't say or show intentionally, because Disney would have vacuumed the area, and he wants it to be there forever.

Bender123

If you find some property with no owner, you let me know ASAP! I’ll go claim it for myself.

Basically, that doesn’t exist in the US.

No owner usually means a bank or city. In many of these situations, the "owner" is completely absent and/or abdicates control of the property. There is a pretty famous situation with this mall: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_Acres_Mall

Basically, the mall was bought by a developer, who then went bankrupt, didn't bother to even do the minimum to secure it and the ownership bounced between a bankrupt company, a bank and the city...none of them wanted it, because the demo and clean up cost basically made the land worth less than if it was just a vacant lot.

There are thousands of place like this where, for all intents and purposes, the "owner" is a defunct business, meaning the land actually has no "owner" in the traditional sense. If you want, you can usually buy them at a foreclosure auction for pennies...but they come with a requirement that you improve the land or buildings, which will cost millions. there is a mall near me that sold, land and building, for $1. The problem was it came with a blighted and condemned building that the city immediately demanded removal of and payment of taxes on the commercial assessed value, which was in the hundreds of thousands a year.

Things are not as simple as "no owner" means free land.

DreamfinderGuy

not true. The land and property is owned by someone
88BA37F9-5B53-4EC3-928D-326CB96D6646.jpeg

Then it isn’t abandoned.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom