The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

Ok, I guess in this case I’m really bad with geography. I though Rochester was closer to Red Wing which is about an hour away from me. I just checked a map and it is further away than I thought. I’m further north so I’m 1 hr and 53 min according to google maps. Anyway, if you are there after school is out and we aren’t in California I’d be up for a road trip down there. It is a pretty drive. Pm me your dates if you want and we’ll see if we can make a meet up happen.

I'll do that... I won't have a car....I'll be at the zombie knitpocalypse, knitting again with 200 of my closest online knitting friends. It's so fun to meet online friends in person!

21stamps

Oh I have to share one more memory from 2015..my ode to my bestie ❤️ It’s been 19 years now.. how is that possible when we were just 25 yesterday?! ;) (Copy and pasts because it’s too big to snapshot.)

Sometimes I need to be more thankful, this post reminded me of that.

-

13 years ago I met a blonde girl, with similar striped highlited hair, raised in the Midwest, who shared my (good) taste in EDM, Dave Matthews, and live music.
This girl and I formed a friendship. She dealt with my crazy redecorating schemes, loading up her Tahoe and running all around south Florida to achieve the perfect eclectic vibe. Then dealing with the hours of placement afterwards. / That girl drove me to the hospital for a surgery, and took care of me and Reilly for the week after. /That girl has picked me up or dropped me off at FLL, at any hour of day or night, more times than i can count. / That girl spilled two giant cups of beer on me during our Romy and Michelle night at a Green Day concert. / That girl was never afraid to call me out when I was wrong in a situation...but supported me no matter what. / That girl only mildly complained when I decided to turn onto the Turnpike, instead of continuing on Glades to the mall half a mile away, and just kept driving til we arrived at Mile Marker 0. / That girl once had the nerve to not go home and change after showing up to a club wearing the same outfit as me. ;) / That girl would roller blade with me, and rocked a matching purple bike during our "testing out cycling"stage. / When I grabbed Reilly, jumped in my car, and decided to leave the man and home I was supposed to spend forever with, it was her house that I drove to./ That girl ran around Cincinnati with me, collecting too many balloons for Tristan's birthday. And Blair Witched it with me on our haunted covered bridge excursion.

Most importantly, when my life as I knew it imploded, and I was laying in the rubble, that girl broke through the barriers, jumped in to the wreckage with me, and gave me a push to climb out.

She has been there thru the ups and downs in the truest sense of the meaning.

I'd like to wish that girl, Xxxx a Very Happy Birthday! 💜 Sorry I'm not there to plan your party ;)

StarWarsGirl

Oh, I miss my top loader washer. They don't have those here. All front loaders....it kills my back! And I miss being able to just throw something in if I missed a sock, or forgot something....just lift the lid and toss it in. You can't do that with a front loader.
I hate top loaders. I'm too short; getting something out from the bottom; I practically have to dumpster dive.

We have a front loader. The cool thing is it has a smaller door on the front that you can open, so if you forgot something, you just pause the cycle and toss it in.

StarWarsGirl

Today was a little worrisome. Kapono (our dog) hasn't been herself the last few days. Very lethargic and really wasn't interested in food including our food, and didn't want to go outside for very long and she loves being outside. We thought the outside thing is because there is so much ice out there and she was slipping. So Brad took her to the vet today and they didn't have an appointment so we had to leave her there during the day so they could check her out whenever they had a spare moment, and she absolutely HATES the vet. Anyway, long story short the vet said all her tests came out perfect and got an anti-inflammatory just in case she tweaked a muscle on the ice. Oh and we decided to get rid of the rest of the food she has and treats (they were new for her, a gift from Santa) and give her fresh food treats. And now that she is home she is acting like her old self, barking, eating. So I guess we took her in for nothing but since she is never sick it was concerning. Just a little crazy and stressful to think about all day.
Just curious, what dog food brand was she on? There were a bunch recently recalled.

donaldtoo

I’m not sure if it was the 80s or 90s when the new church designs started.. but now they’re large and circular and a lot of wood, little stained glass. Our church freaks me out a little because there’s cameras everywhere.lol

It was more like the early 70’s, when we lived in No Cal. The school connected to the church my folks almost first enrolled me in was a classic cruciform style architecture, but, the 2 newer churches we ended up going to during our time there were of the much more modern style.
No right or wrong, as I can appreciate both, but, my heart still favors the classic cruciform...! :)

donaldtoo

The deal with Uni is really reasonable. Doing Disney also because well, it’s Disney!

I gotta’ admit, I would much rather be goin’ on another week-long Caribbean cruise this coming October instead of WDW. But, it’s not about me...and, I know I’ll have a blast while I’m there like I always do, especially since it will be our dear little Emy’s first trip...!!!!!!!!! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Figgy1

Premium Member
Today was a little worrisome. Kapono (our dog) hasn't been herself the last few days. Very lethargic and really wasn't interested in food including our food, and didn't want to go outside for very long and she loves being outside. We thought the outside thing is because there is so much ice out there and she was slipping. So Brad took her to the vet today and they didn't have an appointment so we had to leave her there during the day so they could check her out whenever they had a spare moment, and she absolutely HATES the vet. Anyway, long story short the vet said all her tests came out perfect and got an anti-inflammatory just in case she tweaked a muscle on the ice. Oh and we decided to get rid of the rest of the food she has and treats (they were new for her, a gift from Santa) and give her fresh food treats. And now that she is home she is acting like her old self, barking, eating. So I guess we took her in for nothing but since she is never sick it was concerning. Just a little crazy and stressful to think about all day.
{{HUG}} Kapono for me, poor baby. I don't know if this will help in your situation but my friend's dog went on baby asprin for arthritis

Figgy1

Premium Member
Getting a haircut on Saturday. It looked like it was getting long (few inches below the shoulders), so I looked on my calendar to see when I last had it cut. It was back in September ... :oops: Time for a trim, I guess, since it's January? :p
I had mine cut extra short in the fall knowing I wouldn't have time to get back over the holidays. I even wound up getting my nails done a week late once.:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom