News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gustaftp

Fun fact, as already stated several times, the definition of trespassing isn't "entering an active facility that is off limits", it's entering someone else's property or land without permission. Or does the definition need to be posted yet again?

Fun fact, the definition of urban exploration is "the exploration of man-made structures, usually abandoned ruins or not usually seen components of the man-made environment."

Sometimes it involves trespassing. Sometimes it doesn't. Are you all so intellectually dishonest that you keep ignoring that?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Fun fact, the definition of urban exploration is "the exploration of man-made structures, usually abandoned ruins or not usually seen components of the man-made environment."

Sometimes it involves trespassing. Sometimes it doesn't. Are you all so intellectually dishonest that you keep ignoring that important nuance? And even when it does involve trespass, it isn't considered that serious of an offense in most jurisdictions.

Of course, some of you are so high-and-mighty that trespass might as well have a direct correlation to burglary and rape.

Because we are intelligent enough to realize there really is no such thing as truly 'abandoned' anymore because someone ultimately will be liable for the property. If the property isn't owned by the state or fed... it's owned by a private entities... which almost all now will post the property because it's a liability to NOT to. Just because you ignore the postings because you were not physically restrained from entering, does not make it a free for all.

ppete1975

I'm assuming theres been no new buzzy news?

As far as urbex.. I'm a fan.. like going to an abandoned "haunted" mental institution that has no windows or doors, or an abandoned tunnel system. I think those are cool, and while I'm sure someone owns the property.. nobody cares about it. That's not the same as what is going on at Disney. The only thing I consider urbex that ive seen from the Disney people is river country.. that one I'm ok with, I'm even ok with Disney quest as it was about to be demolished. The rest? no way. Think of it a different way, showing people whats in there and basically creating a map of whats in there and where it is, just enables other copycats to go in and steal things even if they aren't stealing. As far as still active rides... how about if they trip on something and destroy an animatronic or set piece.. or even worse trip on something that could damage a track or sensor, that could injure someone.

ppete1975

If someone knows the law (not just guessing) could Disney go after someone posting a video showing them trespassing. IF so why don't they go after matt sonswa or some of the others? To me that should be plenty of proof that they are illegally trespassing.
At worst have youtube remove the videos and maybe block the accounts? I'm just shocked that Disney isn't doing more.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
There is this:

1546905480767.png

Which I'd assume (f) would cover any YT video that is monetized and features Disney. I'd interpret (f) to also include the verbiage "without prior consent".

Many of the YT videos out there are positive and equate to positive PR. Disney isn't going to mess with those even if someone is making a few bucks off of filming or streaming Disney. For the others I'd think it'd be relatively easy to track down a channel's owner (YT is mailing royalty checks somewhere). A C&D letter and possible temporary suspension of an AP might send a message. It won't end it, but it may make things a bit harder for the fools.

CoasterSnoop

If someone knows the law (not just guessing) could Disney go after someone posting a video showing them trespassing. IF so why don't they go after matt sonswa or some of the others? To me that should be plenty of proof that they are illegally trespassing.
At worst have youtube remove the videos and maybe block the accounts? I'm just shocked that Disney isn't doing more.

The Florida law on trespassing was posted a few pages back. The furthest Disney is known to go with YouTube “urban explorers” as far as I know is banning them for life from the parks.

I don’t understand why it’s so hard for some people to get that just because they disagree with a law, it doesn’t invalidate the law. We can argue morality till the cows come home but the point stands that what Matt is doing is illegal. It doesn’t matter if you think it’s okay.

gustaftp

Disney won’t go after them beyond a ban because it would be ridiculously bad publicity that would basically cause WAY MORE people to see the amount of areas on the property that have been allowed to go to seed.

It's just so strange to me that people who ARE NOT the Walt Disney Co. get their panties so twisted up over this. Urban exploration has been going on since people have been building things. This isn’t some sort of new phenomenon, and truly isn’t a big deal. In fact, if you like history as much as I do, you may start wanting to find some of the remnants of your own city’s history.

ppete1975

Disney won’t go after them beyond a ban because it would be ridiculously bad publicity that would basically cause WAY MORE people to see the amount of areas on the property that have been allowed to go to seed.

It's just so strange to me that people who ARE NOT the Walt Disney Co. get their panties so twisted up over this. Urban exploration has been going on since people have been building things. This isn’t some sort of new phenomenon, and truly isn’t a big deal. In fact, if you like history as much as I do, you may start wanting to find some of the remnants of your own city’s history.
Remnants of your city yes, there used to be a show where a guy went under cities that was really cool. BUT thats not at all what hes doing. There is nothing disney thats truly abandoned outside of river country, theres just areas that are awaiting refurbishment or replacement. Do you see broken windows, or areas no person has gone in 20 years... no

CoasterSnoop

Well it looks to me you answered your own question. Disney isn’t making a big fuss because it would be publicity leading to more “urban explorers.” The last thing they want. I’d bet money Mr. Chapek isn’t too thrilled with Matt “exploring” his way to the top of BTMRR, a fully operational and maintained roller coaster. What happens if Matt unwittingly damages the equipment? Or he falls and hurts himself? Both headaches I doubt WDW wants to put up with.

If you want to say that adventures into WoL, a pavilion inside a year-round operational park that’s occupied by festivals twice a year and is still being maintained, is “urban exploration,” you can. But you’re wrong.

Gringrinngghost

Just going to throw this out here. Matt should be and will quite possibly be sent to jail, and is proving to be a repeat offender. Matt was ordered by the court to not go back on Disney’s property in a plea agreement from when he was arrested at Disney Quest. All he is doing is providing the court with evidence of further tresspssing. A condition of his plea agreement (plead Nolo contendere;no contest) and was ordered to not return to the scene; Disney property. He does right now in Brevard County have an active legal case for “Trespass on property other than structure or conveyance”. It looks like there will be a plea hearing next month as per Brevard County records. So, it could be that he sees the writing on the wall and wants to release footage.

A Trespass on Property Other Than a Structure or Conveyance is a first degree misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail.

flynnibus

Premium Member
There is nothing disney thats truly abandoned outside of river country, theres just areas that are awaiting refurbishment or replacement. Do you see broken windows, or areas no person has gone in 20 years... no

Not so... discovery island and tons and tons of places backstage. Plus plenty of places in the park that are simply idled...walled off or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom