News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBLovedDisney

I’ll get me popcorn.
Arrrr, I'll join ye!
61FFRlGN8hL._SX425_.jpg

Tom Morrow

Fun fact, as already stated several times, the definition of trespassing isn't "entering an active facility that is off limits", it's entering someone else's property or land without permission. Or does the definition need to be posted yet again?

And there's a world of difference between sneaking into an active facility and exploring some location that's been forgotten and untouched for decades. If the latter offends you because it's technically breaking a law then you're either trying to come off as superior or you're incredibly high strung and need to learn to chill and let people enjoy things they want to do that harm no one but themselves.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And there's a world of difference between sneaking into an active facility and exploring some location that's been forgotten and untouched for decades. If the latter offends you because it's technically breaking a law then you're either trying to come off as superior or you're incredibly high strung and need to learn to chill and let people enjoy things they want to do that harm no one but themselves.
Are we still talking about the Wonders pavilion?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I weep for people who are so rigid and dishonest that they refuse to recognize nuance or a person's motivations.

When number of views and people's channel viability start coming into the discussion as justification... you lose that argument.

There 'exploring' is a personal adventure. Trespassing and filming so others can get the thrill without doing it themselves... that's a whole different game.

Your whole argument doesn't negate that your 'motivations' do not absolve the property owner of liability for your safety or the safety of others. So what you see as 'harmless' -- others know that you simply may not accept the full scope.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So wait... you're putting the guys who just flat out STOLE STUFF into the same lumped in group who are trespassing with cameras rollilng?
What's the difference between "trespassing" and "trespassing with theft"?

NoFunInBand

For those who haven't seen this.. Kind of on topic with the whole stealing thing.

It's great how considerate they were to stay out of sight from other guests, which actually did take a great amount of effort... but all it'd take is for one of them to slip and fall one day while running around the sets to destroy an animatronic and ruin it for everyone. Which is why they shouldn't be there. It's actually kind of amazing something like that never happened.

These behind-the-scene videos are fascinating, but I wish people wouldn't do them. Especially for "active" rides.

Notes from Neverland

It's great how considerate they were to stay out of sight from other guests, which actually did take a great amount of effort... but all it'd take is for one of them to slip and fall one day while running around the sets to destroy an animatronic and ruin it for everyone.

They were actually seen on multiple occasions. So too was their camera they set up to record guests on the ride. Common sense suggests they were probably heard quite often based on how loud they are in the footage near or above the ride.

For individuals who claimed to love the ride so much, they weren't overly concerned about guests experiencing the ride for perhaps the first and only time. Their motivations, like other modern trespassers, are selfish. That's a point that is trivial behind the trespassing, stealing and so on, but one that always bugged me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom