The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

TROR

Bob Iger's a friggin racist

49736926_230085557912947_1559988781115768832_n.jpg

Californian Elitist

Does this moron seriously think I have more of an interest in visiting the planet from Avatar than I do learning about real world cultures and myths?

Yes, he does actually.

I don’t care about going to Radiator Springs, any of the planets from Star Wars, Pandora, or Arendelle either (especially Arendelle). Scary to think if Disneyland were built today, we wouldn’t have the original concept of the park and the classic original attractions we have now.

Kick rocks, Bobby. I’m sick of you.

SuddenStorm

Yes, he does actually.

I don’t care about going to Radiator Springs, any of the planets from Star Wars, Pandora, or Arendelle either (especially Arendelle). Scary to think if Disneyland were built today, we wouldn’t have the original concept of the park and the classic original attractions we have now.

Kick rocks, Bobby. I’m sick of you.

It'd be a lot more reminiscent of Universal Studios. Both in quality, depth, and substance. Scary to think that's the direction we're headed towards now...

mickEblu

Original Poster
Yep. And even Universal has taken a stark shift of direction from what they used to be.

Scary and sad.

Yeah. Give me the old Universal. With the pre Fast n Furious, AA Kong and Avalanche Tunnel Tram Tour, E.T., Back 2 the Future and Conan the Barbarian. The mid 90s was USHs Peak. Probably somewhere around 96. All of the above were still there (except maybe Conan) plus Jurassic Park.

Last edited:

Travel Junkie

Iger has a reason for saying the things that he says. As the head of the company it is his responsibility to follow the money and the money is in the IP's. I would bet all the money in the world that a Frozen themed boat ride brings in more revenue than a Scandinavian themed boat ride.

The IP push is not for us.

TROR

Iger has a reason for saying the things that he says. As the head of the company it is his responsibility to follow the money and the money is in the IP's. I would bet all the money in the world that a Frozen themed boat ride brings in more revenue than a Scandinavian themed boat ride.

The IP push is not for us.
That's the problem. I don't care what's best for shareholders and the CEO, I care about art.

NateD1226

Just imagine what the next Disney Park is going to look like...

Rich T

My wild goofball prediction: Disney will never build another park in the U.S. Financial, cultural, legal and technological changes will make further from-scratch expansions unworkable. What they WILL do is buy Six Flags or Cedar Fair and Disney-fy those parks... in the cheapest ways possible.

NateD1226

My wild goofball prediction: Disney will never build another park in the U.S. Financial, cultural, legal and technological changes will make further from-scratch expansions unworkable. What they WILL do is buy Six Flags or Cedar Fair and Disney-fy those parks... in the cheapest ways possible.
Oh heck no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom