The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Finally saw Incredibles 2... in its entirety and found it very enjoyable. The IP definitely deserves better than the Incredicoaster. I think it gets a spot in my top 5 or 6 Pixar movies with Toy Story 1, Toy Story 3, Incredibles, Ratatouille and Coco. I just found out that Brad Bird directed Ratatouille. Which means I just realized that all my favorite Pixar movies are directed by Brad Bird and Unkrich/ Lasseter. Not a huge fan of Pete Docters movies.

Rich T

Finally saw Incredibles 2... in its entirety and found it very enjoyable. The IP definitely deserves better than the Incredicoaster. I think it gets a spot in my top 5 or 6 Pixar movies with Toy Story 1, Toy Story 3, Incredibles, Ratatouille and Coco. I just found out that Brad Bird directed Ratatouille. Which means I just realized that all my favorite Pixar movies are directed by Brad Bird and Unkrich/ Lasseter. Not a huge fan of Pete Docters movies.
My favorites are Ratatouille, Coco, Finding Nemo, Inside out, Cars and Up... So I guess my director faves are all over the place. The Incredibles and TS films are all excellent, though.

mickEblu

Original Poster
My favorites are Ratatouille, Coco, Finding Nemo, Inside out, Cars and Up... So I guess my director faves are all over the place. The Incredibles and TS films are all excellent, though.

I need to re- watch Nemo. It’s been a while. I Remember liking it. Dory on the other hand....

I have Cars way further up my list than most people have.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Now if only Brad Bird would have done better with TomorrowLand...

PacNWTigger

I haven't posted over here in quite some time, but I'm curious to get your response to something. I had a friend of mine text over the weekend to ask me how much would I pay to have dinner in the Dream Suite. I thought she was pulling my leg, but she was being 100% serious with me. How much would YOU guys pay for a 7 course meal, park tickets, alcohol/cocktails, and prime seating for Fantasmic! The actual price tag for this experience would be $1250 per person (seating the full 12). My Disney brain tells me this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing, and who wouldn't want a splurge like that. The grounded side of my brain says that's a heckuva lot of money, and I could find something else to spend my hard earned money on...but my Disney brain talks very loudly. What do you guys think??

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I haven't posted over here in quite some time, but I'm curious to get your response to something. I had a friend of mine text over the weekend to ask me how much would I pay to have dinner in the Dream Suite. I thought she was pulling my leg, but she was being 100% serious with me. How much would YOU guys pay for a 7 course meal, park tickets, alcohol/cocktails, and prime seating for Fantasmic! The actual price tag for this experience would be $1250 per person (seating the full 12). My Disney brain tells me this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing, and who wouldn't want a splurge like that. The grounded side of my brain says that's a heckuva lot of money, and I could find something else to spend my hard earned money on...but my Disney brain talks very loudly. What do you guys think??

If you have that much extra discretionary funds that you don't have to spend on something else, I say go for it. You only live once, might as well enjoy life and please your Disney brain.

BasiltheBatLord

I checked out the whole 21 Royal thing last week and couldn't believe that for all that money you still don't even get to actually stay in the suite, you're just allowed to "explore", likely with a CM tugging at your leash and for a very limited amount of time. If you could pay for a night in the suite I would potentially do it someday as a once in a lifetime thing, but just going up there to eat expensive food has no appeal to me.

Californian Elitist

My flight ticket to Italy is cheaper than that.

Personally, I wouldn’t spend that much money to eat up there. But if you have the funds and you want to do it, why not?

Darkbeer1

Knotts just got a new coaster this year. Next year is a revamp of Big Foot Rapids. There is no place for a new coaster.

Oh yes there is... But EVERY Parking lot was full this afternoon, Western, La Palma, Hotel and Beach.

But if Disneyland can find new space, so can Knott's.

As for 2020, well, that might be a bit early.

Darkbeer1

OK, watched the silly Christmas Day TV special, one thing it isn't is a parade.....

But how hard did Disney work to avoid saying "Anaheim"...

The Disneyland Resort in California.

Referring to L.A. in the opening musical act.

Gwen Stefani finally mentioned the word once at the end of the interview after her song. But NO ONE from Disney mentioned the city...

I think that if the TDA execs want to repair relations with the city council, they better think about saying "Anaheim" more often....

As for Galaxy Edge's sneak peak... cheesy... I want some toggle switchs to play with ;)

Last edited:

DanielBB8

Oh yes there is... But EVERY Parking lot was full this afternoon, Western, La Palma, Hotel and Beach.

But if Disneyland can find new space, so can Knott's.

As for 2020, well, that might be a bit early.
Knott’s needs to get to the 21st Century by paving over it’s gravel and grass parking lots. They should build a multi-level parking structure at their main parking lot. Then add a new parking entrance at La Palma instead of using the underground tunnel at Grand Avenue next to the park entrance.

The south parking lot at Cresent Avenue should be converted to park expansion.

Darkbeer1

Knott’s needs to get to the 21st Century by paving over it’s gravel and grass parking lots. They should build a multi-level parking structure at their main parking lot. Then add a new parking entrance at La Palma instead of using the underground tunnel at Grand Avenue next to the park entrance.

The south parking lot at Cresent Avenue should be converted to park expansion.

To pave a parking lot in California requires an environmental study, and a way to catch any runoff, since it contains oil from the parked vehicles. Parking lots already built are grandfathered....

I should also mention, a water coaster would be a nice addition, and a nice piece of property is opening up soon...

Phroobar

To pave a parking lot in California requires an environmental study, and a way to catch any runoff, since it contains oil from the parked vehicles. Parking lots already built are grandfathered....

I should also mention, a water coaster would be a nice addition, and a nice piece of property is opening up soon...
Backstage behind Big Foot?

The_Mesh_Hatter

A water coaster could refer to those water slides that go up and down like a coaster. With Independence Hall moving, Soak City has a good chunk of land to expand into.

Darkbeer1

With Independence Hall moving, Soak City has a good chunk of land to expand into.

I seriously doubt that Cedar Fair would move it, the cost to do it would be VERY expensive. For example, the Church of Reflections is basically a new building that had the old building windows and pews placed in it. So much easier to move, and that move is about $75,000.

But you can easily add a water coaster and have a taller section go over the current sidewalk from the main gates to the parking lot. (Think Grand Avenue and Ghostrider).

And let me say that studies have been done, but nothing has been decided yet.....

And yes, years ago, a study was done to build a parking structure on the Main Lot, and is still sitting in a drawer. But they know the basic cost to do it, which is important to be able to factor in if they want more park space for a new attraction(s).

But Cedar Fair has been investing a lot at Cedar Point, and plan to do more the next few years. They know Knott's is one of the big parks. (Canada Wonderland is at the top of the list).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom