The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Darkbeer1

Doing chores around the house before heading to Knott's for NYE and its fireworks.

Had the Liberty Bowl on the TV (ESPN), and the half time report was dealing with the Granddaddy of them all, the Rose Bowl. So they were showing video shot of the team's visit to the DLR. And the sportscaster was describing the video as players at Disney World riding the Incredicoaster…..

Have to love that synergy...

Happy New Year to ALL!!!!

(Well, maybe not that sportscaster ;)

Darkbeer1

Well, KABC reported that the Disneyland Fireworks were cancelled.

But the Knott's Fireworks went off as planned, the full 12 minute show. But the Knott's show doesn't use high level shells, mostly the medium height (under 100 feet) version.

Cold and windy at the park (57 F), the hourly snow effect was fun to watch, or the snow machines and how the snow was just going places, including backwards, and not much where planned....

Rich T

The Santa Anas picked up just in time to cancel those horrifying fireworks.
Hey, GLoaB, I just watched "The Orville" for the first time. Have you seen it, and what are your thoughts? Just from the first episode, I was amazed that anyone could get away with almost literally copying Star Trek, right down to the look of the ships, sets and costumes... and yet, it was well done, and a kind of "Star Trek" show I've always wanted to see, with more emphasis on humor without being a parody...

Nland316

Not sure if I was just seeing things, but I’m almost positive Minnie was wearing her 50th dress during the NYE countdown. Oh how I miss those 50th days..:(

VJ

Not sure if I was just seeing things, but I’m almost positive Minnie was wearing her 50th dress during the NYE countdown. Oh how I miss those 50th days..:(
Mickey and Minnie wore their Parade of Dreams outfits for... some event, in 2015 or 2016 I think. Can't remember the details sadly.

George Lucas on a Bench

Hey, GLoaB, I just watched "The Orville" for the first time. Have you seen it, and what are your thoughts? Just from the first episode, I was amazed that anyone could get away with almost literally copying Star Trek, right down to the look of the ships, sets and costumes... and yet, it was well done, and a kind of "Star Trek" show I've always wanted to see, with more emphasis on humor without being a parody...

I'm not really interested. I don't really do new shows, mainly old Star Trek.

Phroobar

Just got back from a trip to northern California to see my sister's new twins. We stopped at a number of coastal cities along the way. Big Sur, Monterey and the aquarium where amazing (see Star Trek IV). Hurst Castle was a nice stop. Kids loved exploring the tide pools. San Francisco was amazing as usual. We stopped at Lucasfilm to get a picture with Yoda fountain out front. Love Ghirardelli and the fun things to do in fisherman's wharf. I like the old time penny arcade. The San Francisco Dungeon was really cool and scary. The traffic is crazy. Why doesn't the city put in left turn lights and fix all the pot holes? Petaluma (where my sister lives) was fun to go antique shopping in. We meant to check out the Santa Cruz board walk but ran out of time. Too many vampires anyway.

Phroobar

Nice thing is he has a year and half of restaurant experience. He is worried about not having a resume but they would probably just have him fill out a computer form anyway. He's only had one job in his life.

Phroobar

Nice thing is he has a year and half of restaurant experience. He is worried about not having a resume but they would probably just have him fill out a computer form anyway. He's only had one job in his life.
The interview went very well. He is "hired" and put on the waiting list for a position. This could take a few days to a month. They are looking at something in the hotels or ride operator.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom