The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I guess it depends... we did DDP in May and came out just a little ahead. DH always seems to pick the most expensive thing on the menu!
We had free C/S dining on our last booking and paid to upgrade to T/S. I kept all the receipts and crunched the numbers when we got back and it worked out easily good money wise for just the two of us .

MouseDreaming

Honestly I've been to many many Giordano's and I find them very consistant even with their salads which we always order the Large and Share with all of us. Nice Lemony dressing.
I have not been to Giordano's anywhere in the Orlando area. We have stayed on site without a car for just shy of 3 decades and just don't leave the compound unless we are staying on the Uni Compound. We don't leave there either.

This past Spring was the first time OFF property at Flamingo for a few weeks, (I had other things I had to attend to) and again in August for 5 days at Flamingo. Still most of my meals were at Disney or DS and my hotel had free hot breakfasts daily. So I'm kinda bad at off property restaurants. Even when we stayed at Bonnet Creek Hilton it was onsite just not Disney owned. Maybe @Tony the Tigger might have some wisdom as they sometimes stay offsite.
For what it's worth, I have heard not good things about that Orlando Giordanos. Of course, I have never eaten at that one.

MouseDreaming

If I can slide through the downhill ice that is the only out of the immediate ice hill here I'm in. If I miss, well I'm in the river. Lord help us. Why do we all live here? There are palms.

st_croix_us_virgin_islands_5967.jpg
I have been questioning that myself. Why indeed? Pick me up on the way to liberate @figmentfan423 , please.

Goofyernmost

I lease now... because my dealer is great about buying the car outright, before my lease ends to put it on their lot.... so I never pay for miles over, or have to go thru that lease inspection carp.... and I get a new car every 3 years!
My lease ends this coming September. Last June I got a call from the dealership wondering if I were interested in turning it in now. At the time I was in the hospital battling the kidney stone/sepsus/staph infection. They called me a few weeks later to ask again. I reminded them that my lease wasn't due until Sept. 2019, the response was... Really? Looked it up and said with some surprise that I was right. Thanks, I was pretty sure anyway, so I guess that is a face saving way of not having to say that they made a mistake. Anyway, I'm not going to go over my mileage unless I decide to take a trip to Vermont this winter (I can assure you I am not going to do that). If I take a short trip to Florida I still might be well within the mileage requirement. I am wondering if they will call me again about it.

The question about insurance, from what I understand about it. Like has already been sent, if you have some major body repair needed your regular insurance will take care of it. I purchased, at the time, an very inexpensive policy that is supposed to cover and dings or scrapes or oddities that may still exist at the time I turn it in. I don't have many, just a few parking lot door spots and low parking curbs damage that I am confident that will cover. The last thing I wanted to do was have to run around getting those small things done at the time of turn in. They did tell me last June, while trying to get me in to upgrade to new, that they weren't interested in the mileage or any of that other stuff as long as it wasn't major.

Goofyernmost

It only got up to 45 here yesterday.
High of 39 with rain most of today. Currently 37.
Even with the rain, still TSSFFBR weather...!!!!! :D:hilarious:;)
We are in the 60's right now. Golfing weather! The ground is wet but I won't melt in water. It has rained a lot here lately. Mostly at night though. After all those years of living in Vermont... 60 in January was a very, very rare occurrence.

Tony the Tigger

Like has already been sent, if you have some major body repair needed your regular insurance will take care of it. I purchased, at the time, an very inexpensive policy that is supposed to cover and dings or scrapes or oddities that may still exist at the time I turn it in.

My dealer's finance guy actually talked me out of that! I kept waiting for the hard-sell, then it seemed like we were almost done. I asked about it, and he showed me a page on the computer of all the recently returned leased vehicles. Most had no extra charges. A few had $100-$400 charges. He said the insurance was something like $755 so don't bother, they want you to be happy and lease again.

OK!

Also I was surprised how much the payments varied at different dealerships. I drove myself nuts for about a week researching cars, prices, etc., going back and forth from buying to leasing. If buying, I was looking at a recent used "certified" Honda CR-V, expected to be very reliable, and had a nice ride for that category. As I went more toward leasing, I ended up with the Toyota RAV4 XLE.

One Toyota dealer was offering $1000 down and $336/month. I almost went for it, but thought it wasn't much of a discount for the "big 2018 leftover sale." Another Toyota dealer called me the next morning, was surprisingly forthcoming with details and pricig over the phone, and offered "sign and drive" (really $500 down to cover first month's payment, title transfer, tags, etc.) and $282/month. (That's a $54/month difference plus $500.) They also offered a little more for my garbage trade, which brought it down a smidge more. So I decided to throw down another $1,000 and ended up with $242/mo. including tax.

What happens at the end I guess depends on how much I like the car, what the offer for me to buy it is, etc.

But it's nice to drive something with modern features for a change!

Rista1313

My lease ends this coming September. Last June I got a call from the dealership wondering if I were interested in turning it in now. At the time I was in the hospital battling the kidney stone/sepsus/staph infection. They called me a few weeks later to ask again. I reminded them that my lease wasn't due until Sept. 2019, the response was... Really? Looked it up and said with some surprise that I was right. Thanks, I was pretty sure anyway, so I guess that is a face saving way of not having to say that they made a mistake. Anyway, I'm not going to go over my mileage unless I decide to take a trip to Vermont this winter (I can assure you I am not going to do that). If I take a short trip to Florida I still might be well within the mileage requirement. I am wondering if they will call me again about it.

The question about insurance, from what I understand about it. Like has already been sent, if you have some major body repair needed your regular insurance will take care of it. I purchased, at the time, an very inexpensive policy that is supposed to cover and dings or scrapes or oddities that may still exist at the time I turn it in. I don't have many, just a few parking lot door spots and low parking curbs damage that I am confident that will cover. The last thing I wanted to do was have to run around getting those small things done at the time of turn in. They did tell me last June, while trying to get me in to upgrade to new, that they weren't interested in the mileage or any of that other stuff as long as it wasn't major.

Feel free to call them too! You don't have to wait for them to call...

In my last lease I was hit in a parking lot, and my insurance paid to get it fix, minus deductible, just as if it were my own (michigan is a no fault state)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have been questioning that myself. Why indeed? Pick me up on the way to liberate @figmentfan423 , please.
I think we're going to need a party bus:joyfull: Making stops along route 80 into the NYC metro area south to 78 @SteveBrickNJ hope that's not too far out of the way to 81 sorry @MySmallWorldof4 and @StarWarsGirl you'll have to travel just a bit to meet up with us along 81 down into NC before getting to FLORIDA! Does that route work for everybody?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I think we're going to need a party bus:joyfull: Making stops along route 80 into the NYC metro area south to 78 @SteveBrickNJ hope that's not too far out of the way to 81 sorry @MySmallWorldof4 and @StarWarsGirl you'll have to travel just a bit to meet up with us along 81 down into NC before getting to FLORIDA! Does that route work for everybody?

Nope you have to swing over to Wisconsin too. It's only a tad bit out of your way....:cautious::joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom