News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigThunderMatt

Don't underestimate Disney nerds. The company knows we keep them alive, hence the existence of D23, and all the special events aimed at the true Disney freaks. We are the people that Disney bound, and dress for Dapper day and all the other "only a true Disney freak would do this" type of events

Yeah no. The company internally laughs at and mocks these people. They represent such a minute percentage of their consumer base that they barely even factor in.

Yeah no. The company internally laughs at and mocks these people. They represent such a minute percentage of their consumer base that they barely even factor in.

Yeah, I guess that's why they cater to them and, AS I SAID, they host special events that ONLY these kind of people would attend.

But yeah, Disney doesn't give a rats tail about us.

We are not the ones keeping the company alive, not even close lol. They own 40% of all media.

And who watches, listens to, reads that media? WE DO.

How is this so hard to understand? A company does not survive without customers. Disney nerds are the BIGGEST customers Disney has. They are not focuse don the person that buys a Disney note pad becsaue it's the first thing they grabed in the store and they just needed a note pad. Disney focuses on those of us that need a note pad and will dig through the bin to find a Disney one. They focus on the ones that have been buying AP
s for the past decade, the ones that are members of Disney forums and Facebook pages/groups. They know who their target audiance are. YES, We are the one skeeping the company alive.

BasiltheBatLord

Disney focuses on those of us that need a note pad and will dig through the bin to find a Disney one. They focus on the ones that have been buying AP
s for the past decade, the ones that are members of Disney forums and Facebook pages/groups. They know who their target audiance are. YES, We are the one skeeping the company alive.
A rudimentary knowledge of Disney park history will tell you that this is not accurate.

WDW862

And who watches, listens to, reads that media? WE DO.

How is this so hard to understand? A company does not survive without customers. Disney nerds are the BIGGEST customers Disney has. They are not focuse don the person that buys a Disney note pad becsaue it's the first thing they grabed in the store and they just needed a note pad. Disney focuses on those of us that need a note pad and will dig through the bin to find a Disney one. They focus on the ones that have been buying AP

Parks and Resorts made 5 billion in Q4 2018. Disney nerds are definitely not the ones bringing in the majority of the money. The rich people buying timeshares and spending $800 a night for a hotel are the ones who bring in the money. The vast majority of them are not big Disney nerds. AP's spend no where near this much money. Most people here stay at value resorts and off-site hotels. Disney's new target audience are rich people who want a luxury vacation.

How is this hard to understand?,It just takes basic critical thinking skills, maybe you'll get there one day.

Parks and Resorts made 5 billion in Q4 2018. Disney nerds are definitely not the ones bringing in the majority of the money. The rich people buying timeshares and spending $800 a night for a hotel are the ones who bring in the money. The vast majority of them are not big Disney nerds. AP's spend no where near this much money. Most people here stay at value resorts and off-site hotels. Disney's new target audience are rich people who want a luxury vacation.

How is this hard to understand?,It just takes basic critical thinking skills, maybe you'll get there one day.

Sorry, my business degree says I'm already there, kiddo.

But hey, if you want to make yourself feel insignificant who am I to stop you?

A rudimentary knowledge of Disney park history will tell you that this is not accurate.

Yeah, that new Star Wars land they are building, and the brand new Toy Story land, and the recent Pandora, and the New Fantasyland. Yeah, they obviously don't care about what the fans have to say at all. SMFH.

Anyway, Back to the topic of this thread.

Goofyernmost

It’s definitely gone. Whether it’s our business or not, it’s still interesting.
Why? It's a damn hunk of wires, metal and electrical connections. It has no life unless manipulated by said electronics. It has no personality or movement unless manipulated by the same electronics. It is an inanimate object with no ability to think, reason or feel pain. It is scrap metal and plastic. It once had simulated life, but, it has been years since that happened and even though it has sat there intact it no longer entertains or communicates artificial life. All it has done is provide a target for urban explorers and made them take the chance by illegally trespassing just to satisfy the unwarranted curiosity of a few people. In the words of Monty Python Flying circus... it's a dead parrot. At this point, it has no purpose other then to collect dust. Let it go! The only reaction I can have to either the possibilities of it was stolen or Disney removed it is... So What!

Goofyernmost

Reason enough. If it wasn't for us Disney nerds, Disney wouldn't exist. Our curiosity is what keeps the company alive. So, in a way, it IS our business.
No one is forcing you to participate in the discussion about it. I don't understand your negativity.
Oh, I think that you are greatly over emphasizing the numbers and the power of the relatively few "Disney nerds" as opposed to the general attendance of any Disney park other then possibly Disneyland. My negativity comes from those irrational concerns. I feel like we are living in a world of people that have no concern at all about the plight of real people yet, get all emotional about a freaking robot. That is why I am negative. And you are right I shouldn't be reading the thread. And I am not reading it because I am concerned about what happened, I instead, am reading it continuously to see just how screwed up civilization really is. You "nerds" support illegal activity if it satisfies some need to be in the loop about nothing.

Let me put it this way... There are only two possibilities. The first is that it was stolen and the second is that it was removed by Disney and Archived by them to cut down on the Trespassing factor... What they used to call removing the cause. Now ask yourself the question, if either one of them are determined to be the answer what difference will it make to anything.

gustaftp

just to satisfy the unwarranted curiosity of a few people.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Unwarranted"?

You must be an ridiculously boring person if you think being curious about the state of a long-shuttered show is somehow "unwarranted". Maybe going back there is unwarranted, but being curious about it is definitely not unwarranted.

Lord forbid people <wonder> about something in a pavilion known as <Wonders>.

Obobru

Anyone thinking Disney is going to be making a PR on this is stupid as that would like saying "hey all our security theatre is for show as it's easy for anyone to get in and steal a big animatronic, yeah we know they could have just as easily brought in a big bomb and blown you all to pieces but hey look we have some metal detectors at the gates so let's ignore this happened"

They want to give the illusion you are all safe and someone easily removing Buzzy and them being clueless about it shows security is a joke.

peter11435

Anyone thinking Disney is going to be making a PR on this is stupid as that would like saying "hey all our security theatre is for show as it's easy for anyone to get in and steal a big *** animatronic, yeah we know they could have just as easily brought in a big bomb and blown you all to pieces but hey look we have some metal detectors at the gates so let's ignore this happened"

They want to give the illusion you are all safe and someone easily removing Buzzy and them being clueless about it shows security is a joke.
I don’t disagree that it’s largely security theater. However to be fair all of the security checkpoints, bag checks, and metal detectors are about screening what goes in not what goes out.

MotherOfBirds

Why? It's a damn hunk of wires, metal and electrical connections. It has no life unless manipulated by said electronics. It has no personality or movement unless manipulated by the same electronics. It is an inanimate object with no ability to think, reason or feel pain. It is scrap metal and plastic. It once had simulated life, but, it has been years since that happened and even though it has sat there intact it no longer entertains or communicates artificial life. All it has done is provide a target for urban explorers and made them take the chance by illegally trespassing just to satisfy the unwarranted curiosity of a few people. In the words of Monty Python Flying circus... it's a dead parrot. At this point, it has no purpose other then to collect dust. Let it go! The only reaction I can have to either the possibilities of it was stolen or Disney removed it is... So What!

A lot of people loved the attraction and still have an emotional connection to the characters. People are allowed to be interested or even concerned about what happened to something they care about. Some of the posters here are young, but not young enough to need an in depth explanation that Buzzy isn't sentient. He didn't need to be in order to be meaningful. The ghost of Christmas past should be here to pick you up any moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom