News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie The Beer

Disney doesn't have as many cameras as people think. Most cameras are concentrated where money is being handled. If a group of people looked like they were doing legitimate work it's very rare that anyone would stop and question them. I've always said if you have a plain white truck or van and enough confidence you can get away with almost anything at WDW.
I have a very hard time believing Disney would be that incompetent.

s8film40

I have a very hard time believing Disney would be that incompetent.
There's no real incompetence in this story. The story said these guys had legitimate backstage access. They don't search vehicles in and out and if they drove up to WoL and looked like they knew what they were doing why would anyone stop them? There's lots of work always going on backstage. It doesn't sound like this would appear any different from a contractor hired by archives to remove this.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Disney’s silence doesn’t make sense to me. If they could shoot this down they would. The public take is that someone somehow gained access to a supposedly very secure theme park and that can’t stand... unless it’s true.

This isn't exactly big news outside of us who are theme park geeks. I don't think it's made any blip on other news outlets, so why would Disney bring more attention to it.

DreamfinderGuy

Point being, the lack of evidence isn't from a lack of trying, it's just simply going to take time. The incident report (or lack thereof) will be the closest thing to definitive proof as to what happened with Buzzy and Hypothalamus and until we get that, the photos we published today are about as close as we're going to get. At least we know for sure Buzzy is actually missing now.
It sounds like it's gonna be a while before the incident report gets put out though, unless OCSO Public Records gets contacted and everything is leaked. Even when BackDoor releases everything, I guarantee you at least one person is gonna come out and say it's a fake.

DreamfinderGuy

Honestly though, look at what Brayden has put out, Those wires are frayed, his hydraulic tubes brutally cut, etc. Disney wouldn't do something like that, it just looks like an awful crime scene. The oil would've been a fire hazard, so I think it would've had to be cleaned up once the scene was discovered. He was taken in November, so if we could pull EXIF data from the pictures somehow, that would probably prove or disprove whether he was pressurized. Or if those pictures were taken this month, it would probably contribute nothing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

s8film40

Honestly though, look at what Brayden has put out, Those wires are frayed, his hydraulic tubes brutally cut, etc. Disney wouldn't do something like that, it just looks like an awful crime scene. The oil would've been a fire hazard, so I think it would've had to be cleaned up once the scene was discovered. He was taken in November, so if we could pull EXIF data from the pictures somehow, that would probably prove or disprove whether he was pressurized. Or if those pictures were taken this month, it would probably contribute nothing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It looked pretty neatly cut to me, better than some examples I’ve seen from Disney.

Just going to throw this out there. Disney has done some weird and crazy things in the past. Everyone is saying that because the wires and lines were cut instead of being properly disconnected, that it had to be stolen, but we have seen Disney cut corners a lot. It's really not that out of the norm for a crew to just cut the lines/wire for quick removal. all of that can be carefully replaced, and probably would be anyway, if they even had plans to make it move again. It could become a static prop/display someplace else and therefore not need the wires/lines.

I just find it very, VERY unlikely that it would be possible for anyone to steal it unless it was an inside job, and even then I think SOMEONE would have noticed something. But this whole 'Oceans 11' style robbery is comical at best.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

If they had no plans to make the animatronic operable again, then that is exactly how they would remove it. They wouldn't bother to spend to time to disconnect every wire and hose.

LSLS

That's sorta my point, if this really happened, the local new would probably be reporting it.

They are probably waiting since arrest records cant be confirmed, I'm not shocked local news isnt reporting. They will want more substantiated facts before it.

Wdwsince86

What pictures???

lazyboy97o

Disney isn’t this super coordinated, neat operation. People are looking at some allegedly sloppy work and ignoring that this occurred in a facility that has largely been abandoned.

If you want to look at EXIF data, it’s not that hard.
http://exifdata.com/

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

It's also interesting that none of the Orlando news outlets have reported on this.
Maybe, it's because it didn't happen. Other then one person saying that it isn't there anymore, it has no basis of truth and for the million time, it is none of our business either way. If they took it out themselves then it isn't news, if someone else took it out, it still isn't news. It is no ones business but their own. We have no reason to know at all other then curiosity.

Wdwsince86

Maybe, it's because it didn't happen. Other then one person saying that it isn't there anymore, it has no basis of truth and for the million time, it is none of our business either way. If they took it out themselves then it isn't news, if someone else took it out, it still isn't news. It is no ones business but their own. We have no reason to know at all other then curiosity.
It’s definitely gone. Whether it’s our business or not, it’s still interesting.

BasiltheBatLord

Has Disney ever made any kind of comment about a closed/abandoned attraction in the manner that people are expecting? Disney isn’t gonna comment on this because there’s no reason for them to, unless the story gets so big that it becomes threatning to them in some way which is pretty unlikely given that no one outside of hardcore park fans care about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom