News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

D

Deleted member 107043

I don't have the energy to argue with you, but I will push back a bit and say that Chepek is not graded by his boss on what some obsessive online fans think. The 100 percent increase in operating income over the past 5 years, which is remarkable, signals to Iger, the board, and stockholders that Chapek is doing what he was hired to do. $4.5 billion makes our opinions, negative or positive, irrelevant.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Who are you laughing at? Who said it would be a complex mechanism?
From MC:

Bing Bong
The elusive Bing Bong is just about to appear at his Sweet Stuff shop in Pixar Pier. The figure will speak and cry candy tears, a complicated mechanism, which explains the long delay in getting him installed.
MICE CHAT did. so I am laughing at them and TDA for this pathetic thing being what everyone was waiting for thinking it was going to be some NAVI RIVER RIDE SHAMAN level type AA. any other questions???

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I don't have the energy to argue with you, but I will push back a bit and say that Chepek is not graded by his boss on what some obsessive online fans think. The 100 percent increase in operating income over the past 5 years, which is remarkable, signals to Iger, the board, and stockholders that Chapek is doing what he was hired to do. $4.5 billion makes our opinions, negative or positive, irrelevant.
the transformers movies are successful does not make them great. just because something makes money does not mean it is great quality or people approve of it. it is Disneyland. it is going to make money regardless. the fact it is making money is incidental. the quality is not same and the creative Imagineering is not the same and it shows, perfect example is the horrendous Pixar Pier

D

Deleted member 107043

the transformers movies are successful does not make them great. just because something makes money does not mean it is great quality or people approve of it. it is going to make money regardless. the fact it is making money is incidental. the quality is not same and the creative Imagineering is not the same and it shows, perfect example is the horrendous Pixar Pier

Oh boy. Who said Pixar Pier was great? Your ability to so blindly overlook the point I was making, especially when I stated it as clearly as possible, is breathtaking. I'll see myself out now.

BasiltheBatLord

the transformers movies are successful does not make them great. just because something makes money does not mean it is great quality or people approve of it. it is Disneyland. it is going to make money regardless. the fact it is making money is incidental. the quality is not same and the creative Imagineering is not the same and it shows, perfect example is the horrendous Pixar Pier
There comes a point in every Disney park fans life when they have to reckon with the fact that they constitute 1% or less of the actual consumer base of the parks.

The parks (especially Disneyland) are in somewhat of a revenue renaissance right now. Disney parks are money making behemoths all over the world, with few exceptions, and the primary audience for the parks are not people like us.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

There comes a point in every Disney park fans life when they have to reckon with the fact that they constitute 1% or less of the actual consumer base of the parks.

The parks (especially Disneyland) are in somewhat of a revenue renaissance right now. Disney parks are money making behemoths all over the world, with few exceptions, and the primary audience for the parks are not people like us.
I don't understand the point you were trying to make in relation to what I was talking about. can you clarify?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Oh boy. Who said Pixar Pier was great? Your ability to so blindly overlook the point I was making, especially when I stated it as clearly as possible, is breathtaking. I'll see myself out now.
I Totally got your point. you are saying because the parks are making money that Chaepeck's tenure is considered a success. what I am telling you, the Disney parks are a license to print money anyway and it does not matter who is in charge the parks are going to make bank, especially with STAR WARS LAND opening up. my counter point to you is that even though the parks are making money, Disney is creatively bank rupt at this point when it comes to the parks and show little care about what came before and more about adding IP'S everywhere they can. and not just Disney fans notice this. so just because something is making money does not mean it is a success with the people. you gotta pay to get into the park no matter what, but once inside what I see may not make me happy but Disney already has my money so it makes a profit.

mickEblu

To this point I always say that Disneyland was created to elevate the amusement park experience for people who didn’t know any better and/ or were fine with the other options at the time. People don’t know what they want until you give it to them. Disney is on a roll but it has more to do with their aggressiveness, marketing, promoting the heck out of the AP program and buying every IP under the sun. Not because of garbage like Pixar Pier. So yea it looks like Chapek is doing great. I wonder how great everything would be if they keep on releasing half baked crap year after year? Disneyland/ DLR is still riding high on the all the nostalgia and great things they’ve done in the past.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

To this point I always say that Disneyland was created to elevate the amusement park experience for people who didn’t know any better and/ or were fine with the other options at the time. People don’t know what they want until you give it to them. Disney is on a roll but it has more to do with their aggressiveness, marketing, promoting the heck out of the AP program and buying every IP under the sun. Not because of garbage like Pixar Pier. So yea it looks like Chapek is doing great. I wonder how great everything would be if they keep on releasing half baked crap year after year? Disneyland/ DLR is still riding high on the all the nostalgia and great things they’ve done in the past.
exactly. could not say it better.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

You gotta love how terrible Pixar Pier is. The one thing everybody can agree on. It really brings people together.
it is god awful. the jack jack on a stick clearly shows how this is very much a low point in time for Disney Imagineering. now maybe they went cheap because they are going all in on star wars land to make It the best thing Imagineering has ever done, and they saved the A TEAM for that project and Pixar Pier got the Imagineering interns or something? we will see but based on Pixar pier Imagineering has to be given a F for that project.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

If I do have to say something positive about the Eisner era post-Wells, at least Eisner was willing to green light ambitiously projects that weren’t guaranteed successes (AE, JIYI, DCA, AK). Not (or most of these) projects were good, but they were very interesting in at least some way. Iger plays it safe and this leads to projects that are usually not as offensive as Eisner era projects, but more uninteresting than anything else.

BasiltheBatLord

I agree with pretty much everything you say here and I also agree that if Disney projects continue to go the way of Pixar Pier (the next 2 years alone don't seem to confirm that though) then there will be a slump/kickback at some point. What I was trying to get at was that 99% of park consumers couldn't (conciously) care less about ideas like thematic integrity. I have no doubt in my mind that the thought process of an average park guest towards something like Pixar Pier is "I like Pixar. There is something new at Disneyland. It is a new thing that is Pixar. Therefore, I like it!"

mickEblu

I agree with pretty much everything you say here and I also agree that if Disney projects continue to go the way of Pixar Pier (the next 2 years alone don't seem to confirm that though) then there will be a slump/kickback at some point. What I was trying to get at was that 99% of park consumers couldn't (conciously) care less about ideas like thematic integrity. I have no doubt in my mind that the thought process of an average park guest towards something like Pixar Pier is "I like Pixar. There is something new at Disneyland. It is a new thing that is Pixar. Therefore, I like it!"

True although I think subconsciously they feel the lowering in quality and little by little it chips away at the mystique of DL. Especially when the newness wears off. I also don’t think that Disney should use the lowest common denominator to determine their approach at the parks.

I also think at DLR you have more diehards that do notice these things. It’s not your average theme park. You have a lot of APs who grew up with the park and understand what makes it special.

SuddenStorm

I've been to DCA twice since Pixar opened, but have yet to set foot in the land.

I think I'm happier not going, since I can pretend the photos and videos I've seen online don't exist.

In my mind, that area still looks like it did in 2015, the last time I was in that land. I like to think of it as Schroedinger's land- right now it's both Pixar Pier and Paradise pier in my mind. It's both alive and dead at the same time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom