Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

ToTBellHop

Sometimes they change so much...you’d think somebody kinda made it up because it was a slow day at WDI 😉
I don’t think things are necessarily “made up”, at least not by trusted sources. However, sometimes connections must be made by the reporter and those embellishments can prove to be inaccurate.

Now if you are suggesting that WDI sometimes produces controlled leaks for a variety of reasons (measure popularity of an idea, try to catch a mole, etc.), I’d agree.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think things are necessarily “made up”, at least not by trusted sources. However, sometimes connections must be made by the reporter and those embellishments can prove to be inaccurate.

Now if you are suggesting that WDI sometimes produces controlled leaks for a variety of reasons (measure popularity of an idea, try to catch a mole, etc.), I’d agree.

Sooo....where would that leave us?

mikejs78

Premium Member
Sooo....where would that leave us?
Leaves us with a rumors board with some well-connected insiders. Some of the things posted here will pan out. Some will not. But it's fun to speculate, to discuss the what-ifs, and debate the merits of some rumors. Anyone who looks at anything posted on these boards as gospel are foooling themselves. But those of us who think it's fun to speculate with information that is better than a guess but falls short of an official announcement, can look forward to some of these things coming to fruition, while others do not. And that's just fine for me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Leaves us with a rumors board with some well-connected insiders. Some of the things posted here will pan out. Some will not. But it's fun to speculate, to discuss the what-ifs, and debate the merits of some rumors. Anyone who looks at anything posted on these boards as gospel are foooling themselves. But those of us who think it's fun to speculate with information that is better than a guess but falls short of an official announcement, can look forward to some of these things coming to fruition, while others do not. And that's just fine for me.

Can I have the last half of your drink?

(I’m kidding...it’s all “speculation” to me...I just never know what to trust?

I wish somebody could help me out 😎 )

mikejs78

Premium Member

It's all speculation to me too.. I just know that some of it will pan out, much won't. I don't think it's because the people here are dishonest or anything, I'm sure what they report is true at the time - but with Disney, plans can change up to the point it goes vertical - even announcements aren't guarutnees (see: Main Street Theater).

But given the history of this board, it's highly likely that some of the things that have been postulated here will pan out. It's fun trying to guess/figure out which ones those are.

With your question "never know what to trust", I'd say that those who have good track records, trust (or not, your choice) that what they report are accurate current plans. Knowing full well how Disney works and that plans today could be completely upended tomorrow (and the next day, and the next....). Do you enjoy the speculation? Honestly if you don't enjoy the speculation, why are you here (and I don't mean that to be snarky, serious question..)

mikejs78

Premium Member

Honestly, the one rumor I really want to come to fruition is Brazil - both because I want a new country in Epcot, and because I want to see your reaction to something you so emphatically said would never happen. :p

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly, the one rumor I really want to come to fruition is Brazil - both because I want a new country in Epcot, and because I want to see your reaction to something you so emphatically said would never happen. :p

Now ‘bout 31 years since an opening...closer to 35 for an agreement to build and design work...

What a weird thing, huh?

Second, two expansion pads have recently been gobbled up by one off “attractions”...a clone ride and a meet and greet hall that isn’t really a big deal anymore.

I expect the one between Italia and Deutschland to be that Gepetto M&G anyday now...

The flak I get on country pavilions - both here and before I enter witness protection in Disdom - has always fascinated me more than anything...
...it’s astounding.

It’s as though the powder puffs think they’ve been “too busy” to add anything...like the decade when nothing happened...
...and not my theory: the money and operational dynamics don’t work anymore.

But I always stand to be corrected. Brazil did just elect an admitted fascist to take over its sugar cane syndicate government. No better time to build 😂

RSoxNo1

We managed to get to the bottom of this a couple weeks back. Martin mentioned that they were on reserve so to speak. I had asked a very similar question if it was beyond fireworks and managed to push a soft confirmation that the reservation was for India and the SDL boat tech.

What's curious though is that there is now movement of some sort, given that exchange. It could still be fireworks related even if the 'reservation' still stands.

Edit: I think from what I gather the India Pavilion *if* it happens would be a few years out, but they will still use the Africa site temporarily for the year long Figment-based night show. I think this is being done so they can build lagoon infrastructure for the eventual full replacement. A drone launch site seems like an interesting possibility if Pyro will screw with their ability to create lagoon infrastructure for the eventual final product.
Did anyone confirm that Project Spark is a Figment based show or is that just an assumption?

Haymarket2008

So where does that leave the current standing of the Poppins attraction? ;)

Rosso11

564C7FEF-4DA1-4174-9F24-B6EFAD96EEC4.jpeg

Not sure if this is relevant but I received a survey from Disney yesterday asking what kind of restaurants I would like to see in Epcot. The top pick was a Brazilian Steakhouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom