Disney Announces New Nature Resort on Bay Lake

Minnie Mum

Late to this party, but I'll still throw in my 2 cents. I can't help but think that TPTB lifted the concept for this new resort straight from the Villages Nature Paris resort. It's too early to tell, but the descriptions of the resorts are suspiciously similar even if the architectural styles differ. I don't think I'd be in any great rush to invoke the spirit of Frank Lloyd Wright either. Falling Water is a masterpiece of melding architecture with it's site. So are many of his other buildings. I see nothing in the concept painting to suggest anything of the sort. It looks like any chain hotel plunked into a forest clearing. Judging by the more recent resort designs, the Imagineers really seem to have removed "imagination" from their job descriptions. And that's all I have to say about that.

jt04

Tom thinks you thought he was accusing you of being an anti-Disney plant or something, paid by Brian Roberts and Sumner Redstone to sow discord in the fan community. That's what he thought you meant when you were defending yourself against ulterior motives.

I knew it had to be something like that.

Club Cooloholic

Late to this party, but I'll still throw in my 2 cents. I can't help but think that TPTB lifted the concept for this new resort straight from the Villages Nature Paris resort. It's too early to tell, but the descriptions of the resorts are suspiciously similar even if the architectural styles differ. I don't think I'd be in any great rush to invoke the spirit of Frank Lloyd Wright either. Falling Water is a masterpiece of melding architecture with it's site. So are many of his other buildings. I see nothing in the concept painting to suggest anything of the sort. It looks like any chain hotel plunked into a forest clearing. Judging by the more recent resort designs, the Imagineers really seem to have removed "imagination" from their job descriptions. And that's all I have to say about that.
One quibble, I am pretty tall and some of the falling water ceilings are not ideal lol

MMFanCipher

My question is how are the guests getting to the hotel? Through Wilderness Lodge? Through the campground? A new road along the
canal? If the campground, it will ruin the atmosphere of the place. Not that Disney cares. It treats the campground as it's red-haired step-
child as it is.

flyerjab

Nothing I ever said about him was ever unfair or incorrect.

His disregard for intelligent management/budgets contributed greatly to the attractions crisis mode we are in now...such as a 130 minute wait for an off the shelf intamin coaster out in the open that looks like a dog.

It’s a puzzle...many pieces

Very good! Pistols at dawn then? The main thoroughfare through Harambe or beneath the floating mountains of Pandora...your choice! ;)

space42

My question is how are the guests getting to the hotel? Through Wilderness Lodge? Through the campground? A new road along the
canal? If the campground, it will ruin the atmosphere of the place. Not that Disney cares. It treats the campground as it's red-haired step-
child as it is.

This too is my concern. What will the impact be to Ft. Wilderness or the Lodge? Looks like they could use Wilderness Road and potentially have it's own entrance. There was also talk about moving the ranch and Pioneer Hall. I can't see them leaving them being that they are so close.
Also since it is so close to the existing dock at Ft. Wilderness - I can't see them building a new boat launch exclusive to this resort. I really hope I'm wrong. Does anyone have any insight?

WEDwaydatamover

This is very disappointing. I'm glad that their Environmentality grew a conscious and is going to clean up their polluted mess once and for all.

I'm disgusted by the idea of those buildings being on Disney property let alone in Fort Wilderness and on the shores of Bay Lake.

I hope some modicum of integrity is left safe south of the Lawnmower Tree and that it doesn't become Disney's Granola Wilderness Nature Resort starring Yago and friends.

Rodan75

That is DVC...not at WDW...and was titanically/massively overbusget because they let the town fool do it.

And they haven’t been able to sell it.

That has no bearing on Orlando whatsoever...where management defenders conveniently forget that he has done nothing for the traditional lodging...not a thing. All low overhead timeshares and conversion experiments

You have a lot of good points, but this was an epic goal post move. Iger has been CEO when the P&R head built plenty of resort hotels with and without DVC. #ThanksShanghai.

You attribute far too much to Iger so that he can be the 'big bad' in your posts. I think it is fair that this may be Chapek's first project from start and presumably to finish. (but that depends on how much of Riviera was planned before Chapek took over)

Rodan75

This is very disappointing. I'm glad that their Environmentality grew a conscious and is going to clean up their polluted mess once and for all.

I'm disgusted by the idea of those buildings being on Disney property let alone in Fort Wilderness and on the shores of Bay Lake.

I hope some modicum of integrity is left safe south of the Lawnmower Tree and that it doesn't become Disney's Granola Wilderness Nature Resort starring Yago and friends.

LOL...I'm afraid of exactly that. a big resort dedicated to the suburban view of nature and conservation. A little souless...but good for the planet-ish (just enough for them to brag about it)

righttrack

It does sound less cookie-cutter in terms of rooms offered. That is positive. There are different sizes of families, and experiences they want to have and it is presently very limited in terms of how they can lodge.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Very good! Pistols at dawn then? The main thoroughfare through Harambe or beneath the floating mountains of Pandora...your choice! ;)

I don’t think he’s a failure as a designer (except Everest)...it’s the failure as an effective project manager that infects WDI
I live in the Delaware Valley. That is just exhaust from the Schuylkill you smell.

Nah...I’m farther upwind on the Springsteen side

Last edited:

jt04

child as it is.

I am certain it won't be through the campground.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom