The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So going vegetarian has been met with varying responses. It's interesting how much animosity there is around it...

I find it weird as well that simply removing meat, something we've been led to understand is the fuel our body needs, I've lost weight and had more energy. I didn't expect that at all.
My Sister has gone very close to Vegan and is pushy with her thoughts. The need to talk about Vegan alot. She to has a lot of varying responses too. Kind of the same responses pushy Christians can be when judging you or determining if you are really SAVED or always talking Politics. She is by no mean a heavy person but she is over what she should by a size or two so that omitting meat hasn’t done it for her. What works for one doesn’t always work for others. I could be a vegetarian but I love meat and fish as much as I do vegetables

Me I am a believer in a balanced diet vs omitting any food groups as I don’t believe a reasonable amount of meat is worse than a bowl of ice cream. Me I believe in portion control Carbs ive always been mindful of how much I eat in a day.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
My Sister has gone very close to Vegan and is pushy with her thoughts. The need to talk about Vegan alot. She to has a lot of varying responses too. Kind of the same responses pushy Christians can be when judging you or determining if you are really SAVED or always talking Politics. She is by no mean a heavy person but she is over what she should by a size or two so that omitting meat hasn’t done it for her. What works for one doesn’t always work for others. I could be a vegetarian but I love meat and fish as much as I do vegetables

Me I am a believer in a balanced diet vs omitting any food groups as I don’t believe a reasonable amount of meat is worse than a bowl of ice cream. Me I believe in portion control Carbs ive always been mindful of how much I eat in a day.

It's funny because the reason we're omitting meat isn't for health benefits. It's because I'm trying to eat food as close to the source as possible, and farm fresh meat is EXPENSIVE, lol. But I feel you.

I think when people find something that works for them, they want to share it with people they care about. But you're right, what works for one person doesn't work for others. I still think it's an act of caring though. A very annoying act of caring :hilarious::hilarious:

Rista1313

It's funny because the reason we're omitting meat isn't for health benefits. It's because I'm trying to eat food as close to the source as possible, and farm fresh meat is EXPENSIVE, lol. But I feel you.

I think when people find something that works for them, they want to share it with people they care about. But you're right, what works for one person doesn't work for others. I still think it's an act of caring though. A very annoying act of caring :hilarious::hilarious:

If I could just quit eating chocolate and bread, .... My beef (if you will) about veganism, is that one of my friends is always sick and her kids are always sick because I truly believe they aren't getting the antibodies they need from just eating veggies. However, I could be a vegetarian (not vegan) if I had to, I just don't wanna.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
If I could just quit eating chocolate and bread, .... My beef (if you will) about veganism, is that one of my friends is always sick and her kids are always sick because I truly believe they aren't getting the antibodies they need from just eating veggies. However, I could be a vegetarian (not vegan) if I had to, I just don't wanna.

I think that's probably an issue with their particular diet. Or their home environment or genetics? I have many vegan friends who never get sick. And many who do. I need eggs,... LOL

Cesar R M

I have a personal hate for those who are pushy like that.
No I'm not interested! yet they have to keep insisting that is "for your own good".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom