The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

OK gang, I’m out for tonight, and I sincerely apologize if I overloaded the thread with my proud grampness :rolleyes::cyclops: over the last coupla’ days... :cyclops:
Life is a crazy thing, but, I wouldn’t trade it for anything...!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:
My sincerest thanks to each and all of y’all, and I do mean EACH AND EVERY ONE OF Y’ALL, for all the prayers, pixie dust, well-wishes, etc. for my family during this time...
I am very humbled and can never thank y’all
enough...!!!!! :)

Out for tonight gang...!
As always, the sweetest of dreams and/or mornin’ to each and every one of y’all...!!!
See y’alllllllllllllllllllllllllll....!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

Busy work week? Hope your headaches are better.
Yeah, work's been pretty crazy. Plus I've had a cold and my asthma hasn't been the greatest. I had a bit of a headache today but got it under control with Excedrin and tea. I took off work last Thursday and Friday because of the asthma but was there all this week. Everyone at work has been sick lately.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
hu, what happened?
ut oh... what did you do?

Well story time.....

So no good deed goes unpunished as I said earlier.

Back story. My folks have owned this house that my Mom lives in since I was in early elementary school (so a very very log time)
That area of Suburbia of Chicago all homes have alleys behind their homes, some access garages some do not. My Moms home has a cool garage with double doors one for the driveway from the street and an exit to the alley for exit, never needing to back out. Over the decades the stone alley has made the alley higher and higher. Couple that with 3 knock downs for McMansions out of 4 neighbors. My Mom over the last decade went from level land to being the 'low spot' for rain from alley and back of property causing rain to roll from alley to her house. I grew up in that home, it is a NEW issue by higher surrounding large homes and a higher alley.

My Mom is 83. So my son was in and my DD, DS and me raised the alley along her fence to slightly higher than her neighbors to stop the neighborhood water from rolling completely into her yard to her house. This was August but in the 90's I waited until the temps dropped in late September after our WDW trip to fix the problem. On the yard side I bought bricks, dirt, landscaping skin and bark along with water eating plants to level the backside of the yard. (so far with all the rain it has worked, woot) I'm too old for this type of manual labor. I am a small woman now well into my 50's. It took me 6 days to level a short brick wall, fill it with dirt, line it and bark it then add plants so Mom's property would stop flooding.

I've yet to see it in daylight as I was not leaving until it was done on DAY 6. It is over an hour to my Moms and back again so it is a time ability thing. But Mom's backyard and the area I was working in is not level and so many dips. Well I wrenched my ankle and damaged my Achilles, enter boot. At least I finished my Moms yard. Good Daughter.
*Pat on head. *

Well it is black outside the last few hours I worked on this cause I was going to be DONE!!!
Photos are taken at night and flash only does so much on my phone

And stepped into a dip messed up leg

DE9FBF6B-5535-49C0-B8F4-250EC5EE6DA3.jpeg

Results no good deed goes unpunished26F4B9AB-4AB1-43CC-9EBE-5983987E295C.jpeg0C852B1B-B448-4122-A3F0-D88642A42182.jpegC3313292-169A-46F0-91A1-A72B8459716D.jpeg8F8A1D99-E871-419D-B6B7-43ECD7BAEA19.jpeg

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Well story time.....

Back story. My folks have owned this house that my Mom lives in since I was in early elementary school (so a very very log time)
That area of Suburbia of Chicago all homes have alleys behind their homes, some access garages some do not. My Moms home has a cool garage with double doors one for the driveway from the street and an exit to the alley for exit, never needing to back out. Over the decades the stone alley has made the alley higher and higher. Couple that with 3 knock downs for McMansions out of 4 neighbors. My Mom over the last decade went from level land to being the 'low spot' for rain from alley and back of property causing rain to roll from alley to her house. I grew up in that home, it is a NEW issue by higher surrounding large homes and a higher alley.

My Mom is 83. So my son was in and my DD, DS and me raised the alley along her fence to slightly higher than her neighbors to stop the neighborhood water from rolling completely into her yard to her house. This was August but in the 90's I waited until the temps dropped in late September after our WDW trip to fix the problem. On the yard side I bought bricks, dirt, landscaping skin and bark along with water eating plants to level the backside of the yard. (so far with all the rain it has worked, woot) I'm too old for this type of manual labor. I am a small woman now well into my 50's. It took me 6 days to level a short brick wall, fill it with dirt, line it and bark it then add plants so Mom's property would stop flooding.

I've yet to see it in daylight as I was not leaving until it was done on DAY 6. It is over an hour to my Moms and back again so it is a time ability thing. But Mom's backyard and the area I was working in is not level and so many dips. Well I wrenched my ankle and damaged my Achilles, enter boot. At least I finished my Moms yard. Good Daughter.
*Pat on head. *

Well it is black outside the last few hours I worked on this cause I was going to be DONE!!!

View attachment 318724

Results no good deed goes unpunishedView attachment 318720View attachment 318721View attachment 318722View attachment 318723
auch, still.. love the fake croc

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah, work's been pretty crazy. Plus I've had a cold and my asthma hasn't been the greatest. I had a bit of a headache today but got it under control with Excedrin and tea. I took off work last Thursday and Friday because of the asthma but was there all this week. Everyone at work has been sick lately.
Sympathy like. I guess Jasmine gets a pass for now GWS xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well story time.....

*Pat on head. *

View attachment 318724

Results no good deed goes unpunishedView attachment 318720View attachment 318721View attachment 318722View attachment 318723
I love the flamingo and alligator, the rest not so much

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom