News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

trainplane3

Ha, but see, they will be in different space suits without the rainbows.
One original idea coming...oh wait...
d927d81579fefb122b71c056618459a3.jpg

aladdin2007

The other site is saying that a 3rd party is building this, and did not account for the noise from Test Track in the design, so now there's concern over that. Any insight anyone? True/false that they wouldn't think to include some sound proofing from the cars rolling by?

do you mean construction or operation? Patina is going to be handling the management of it, unless something has changed?

Kman101

You mean you haven't already booked your reservation for the year 12021 and the accompanying 10,000 year cryo-freeze? Oh dear... It was a ***** to get an ADR, the system crashed when I was trying to book in 8472, and by the time I was able to get back in, they were booked up out to 12021. (And don't even ask about the meal price. You think it's been bad so far? You ain't seen nothin' yet!) ;)

:hilarious:

It'd be amazing if one day, everyone just stopped making reservations and FP's sixteen thousand months in advance. Then you wouldn't *have* to overplan. Just because you can do it that far out ... ugh. Sorry it's such a pet peeve/annoyance that they allow you to do this. MDE and FP+ have potential but they're not really doing it right.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
:hilarious:

It'd be amazing if one day, everyone just stopped making reservations and FP's sixteen thousand months in advance. Then you wouldn't *have* to overplan. Just because you can do it that far out ... ugh. Sorry it's such a pet peeve/annoyance that they allow you to do this. MDE and FP+ have potential but they're not really doing it right.

The alternative is standing in a 3 hour queue at the door.

And the 60-days out ADR only applies to a select few dining events. There's a lot of very high quality places to eat with ADRs just a few days out, even the day of. They may not be character dining or early-morning-sneak-ahead-of-the-ropedroppers, but they're still durned good eats.

Kman101

And the 60-days out ADR only applies to a select few dining events. There's a lot of very high quality places to eat with ADRs just a few days out, even the day of. They may not be character dining or early-morning-sneak-ahead-of-the-ropedroppers, but they're still durned good eats.

Oh I know. I've often pointed out that you *can* get day of reservations and FP.

lazyboy97o

The other site is saying that a 3rd party is building this, and did not account for the noise from Test Track in the design, so now there's concern over that. Any insight anyone? True/false that they wouldn't think to include some sound proofing from the cars rolling by?
Third party operators are not given that much freedom in design. At a minimum, everything still goes through Disney for review and has to meet Disney standards. There is likely a minimum STC rating that Disney has for in the parks.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

So in Space, no one can hear you scream, but everyone can hear the neighbors scream in their Chevys

JoeCamel

Man, I think you need to get out more re: quality.....

crxbrett

Don't worry, I'm not eating at Nine Dragons.

Is it really that bad? Lol I always hear negative reviews about that place, but then have also recently read a couple of surprisingly positive reviews. Admittedly, I don't think I probably will eat there until I have tried every other TS location at Epcot first.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is it really that bad? Lol I always hear negative reviews about that place, but then have also recently read a couple of surprisingly positive reviews. Admittedly, I don't think I probably will eat there until I have tried every other TS location at Epcot first.

I've seen, too, recent reviews of it being better, but, have been disappointed. I'm sticking to Marrakesh and Octoberfest and Teppan Ido... and even better, Il Mulino at the Swan.

Movielover

Third party operators are not given that much freedom in design. At a minimum, everything still goes through Disney for review and has to meet Disney standards. There is likely a minimum STC rating that Disney has for in the parks.

That's one of the reason's why we will probably never see a Disney built B&M coaster...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not at all privy to the details, but logic tells me there is NO WAY this is accurate.
Disney certainly would have 3rd parties involved in the construction, but I cannot fathom Imagineering not being involved with the design nor aware of the nearby attractions and their possible impact.

I would agree that Imagineering would be involved in this and that they would be aware of the noise issue. After reading the article, maybe the issues isn't that they didn't know about the sound, but just that they haven't yet figured out how they are going to deal with it.

lazyboy97o

I would agree that Imagineering would be involved in this and that they would be aware of the noise issue. After reading the article, maybe the issues isn't that they didn't know about the sound, but just that they haven't yet figured out how they are going to deal with it.
Even that seems like a stretch unless it is some odd frequency. There are a variety of industry standard assemblies designed to deal with sound as well as acoustic consultants who can deal with such issues. It’s not like you bombarded with the sound of the vehicles when exiting Mission: SPACE.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Even that seems like a stretch unless it is some odd frequency. There are a variety of industry standard assemblies designed to deal with sound as well as acoustic consultants who can deal with such issues. It’s not like you bombarded with the sound of the vehicles when exiting Mission: SPACE.
If anything I'd imagine the 101/2 PA spiels would be worse that passing cars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom