News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Kman101

Like I said, I wouldn't mind Wall-E or other space characters flying around. Unless, they add Guardians or Star Wars characters. That just seems like too much.

Anytime I can get WALL-E, I'll take it. Such a missed opportunity not putting him in the energy building with a dark ride. WALL-E, Big Hero 6 and Inside Out are the properties they should have been pushing in Epcot. All could fit with the original ideals but be tied to IP. If done right it would be a win, but they seem content with overlays and putting things where they don't belong.

If WALL-E were getting a dark ride and Guardians a coaster behind it, I'd still scratch my head over including Guardians but I'd be a little less un-enthused (and I love the Guardians, I want to be thrilled they're getting attractions but I can't be, lol)

Old Mouseketeer

Anytime I can get WALL-E, I'll take it. Such a missed opportunity not putting him in the energy building with a dark ride. WALL-E, Big Hero 6 and Inside Out are the properties they should have been pushing in Epcot. All could fit with the original ideals but be tied to IP. If done right it would be a win, but they seem content with overlays and putting things where they don't belong.

If WALL-E were getting a dark ride and Guardians a coaster behind it, I'd still scratch my head over including Guardians but I'd be a little less un-enthused (and I love the Guardians, I want to be thrilled they're getting attractions but I can't be, lol)

Heck, I'd be happy if they went all Roger Rabbit on it and had every space movie reference they could license economically passing through the spacescape on an hourly basis. Imagine the docking sequence from 2001 to the Blue Danube (monolith and Zarathustra for extra points), ST:TOS Enterprise, Avatar, WALL-E, Black Hole, and some purely space geek easter eggs. Some of them could be once per day even.
I know--have special ones that appear when special entrees or drinks are ordered like Trader Sams! How about space fireworks that announce birthdays and anniversaries in the appropriate quadrant? And, of course, the obligatory nova that turns into a hidden Mickey.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Heck, I'd be happy if they went all Roger Rabbit on it and had every space movie reference they could license economically passing through the spacescape on an hourly basis. Imagine the docking sequence from 2001 to the Blue Danube (monolith and Zarathustra for extra points), ST:TOS Enterprise, Avatar, WALL-E, Black Hole, and some purely space geek easter eggs. Some of them could be once per day even.
If you could work in the end of the universe once in a while, Douglas Adams would appreciate it...
I know--have special ones that appear when special entrees or drinks are ordered like Trader Sams! How about space fireworks that announce birthdays and anniversaries in the appropriate quadrant? And, of course, the obligatory nova that turns into a hidden Mickey.
The Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster could cue the end of the universe...

Kman101

YES PLEASE!

huwar18

Wall-E is probably my favorite “newer” Pixar movie. I hope one day they realize the potential it has for a dark ride. It only took Toy Story like 20 years to get a land. So, there is still hope :p

Last edited:

Soluna16

Anyone who has been there this week, how is construction looking? Been meaning to get to EPCOT all week but I went to Typhoon Lagoon instead...

Disney Analyst

The other site is saying that a 3rd party is building this, and did not account for the noise from Test Track in the design, so now there's concern over that. Any insight anyone? True/false that they wouldn't think to include some sound proofing from the cars rolling by?

Creathir

The other site is saying that a 3rd party is building this, and did not account for the noise from Test Track in the design, so now there's concern over that. Any insight anyone? True/false that they wouldn't think to include some sound proofing from the cars rolling by?
Not at all privy to the details, but logic tells me there is NO WAY this is accurate.
Disney certainly would have 3rd parties involved in the construction, but I cannot fathom Imagineering not being involved with the design nor aware of the nearby attractions and their possible impact.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So clearly this will be "reservation required 10000 years out table service", correct?

You mean you haven't already booked your reservation for the year 12021 and the accompanying 10,000 year cryo-freeze? Oh dear... It was a ***** to get an ADR, the system crashed when I was trying to book in 8472, and by the time I was able to get back in, they were booked up out to 12021. (And don't even ask about the meal price. You think it's been bad so far? You ain't seen nothin' yet!) ;)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You mean you haven't already booked your reservation for the year 12021 and the accompanying 10,000 year cryo-freeze? Oh dear... It was a ***** to get an ADR, the system crashed when I was trying to book in 8472, and by the time I was able to get back in, they were booked up out to 12021. (And don't even ask about the meal price. You think it's been bad so far? You ain't seen nothin' yet!) ;)
THREE TS credits!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom